Erm.... Romain has gone

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

I’m assuming we are about to announce some signings, as Romain has gone to Maidstone.
EssexDagger!

I thought we didn’t have to sell our best players anymore :banghead:
RampantDuke

What the hell is going on at the football club? Surely you bring in new players first, check they are better than what we have already and then bomb out the others. One of the few bright lights of this season. Gone. The day before our only FA Cup tie of the year. What is the point any more? I am properly at the end of my tether with this club now. :angry:
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
dagger4eva

RampantDuke wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:19 pm What the hell is going on at the football club? Surely you bring in new players first, check they are better than what we have already and then bomb out the others. One of the few bright lights of this season. Gone. The day before our only FA Cup tie of the year. What is the point any more? I am properly at the end of my tether with this club now. :angry:

Another one trying to talk sense here. When will people learn? ;)
Auntie Merge

FFS

what the HELL is going on?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Chill out have a beer and cheap dinner mate.

Oh the team sheet will come in handy as well
DaggerJoel11

So we've managed to outdo ourselves by selling our best player and one of whom our hopes of staying up are hugely reliant on, months after doing exactly the same with Cheeky, while we're on a dreadful five-game losing run. Must be some sort of agreement between us and Boreham Wood that we'll part with our key players before playing them. Bizarre.

Since the new owners have come in we've taken just a point from a possible eighteen, lost our goalkeeping coach to a divisional rival of similar stature and have now lost Elliott to a direct relegation rival. There was me thinking things would actually improve, well they couldn't get much worse. Now we have money there's no need to do this and as usual the timing is absolutely brilliant.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Good luck tomorrow :thumbu:
DevonDagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:32 pm So we've managed to outdo ourselves by selling our best player and one of whom our hopes of staying up are hugely reliant on, months after doing exactly the same with Cheeky, while we're on a dreadful five-game losing run. Must be some sort of agreement between us and Boreham Wood that we'll part with our key players before playing them. Bizarre.
No mention of an undisclosed fee. We’ve given him away rather than sell him. Wonder if Mullins loan has anything to do with it.
DaggerJoel11

DevonDagger wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:39 pm
DaggerJoel11 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:32 pm So we've managed to outdo ourselves by selling our best player and one of whom our hopes of staying up are hugely reliant on, months after doing exactly the same with Cheeky, while we're on a dreadful five-game losing run. Must be some sort of agreement between us and Boreham Wood that we'll part with our key players before playing them. Bizarre.
No mention of an undisclosed fee. We’ve given him away rather than sell him. Wonder if Mullins loan has anything to do with it.
If there is no fee and the deal is pretty much Mullins for Romain, then whoever has organised that on Maidstone's behalf deserves a knighthood.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
SUSSEX DAGGER

Catch yourselves on .

Nothing to do with Mullins he was just a pig and a poke.

His probably been told about the Maidstone interest,asked Taylor if the current team is as good as it will get, when this has been confirmed he has done what any half decent player would say thanks but no thanks I'm off.

Is the Star Spangled banner still flying high ?
Diggerthedog

This scenario makes no sense, if this stays the same until next home game expect no one to turn up. I reckon we will see a new player or two.
ThatRoundThing

I am really hoping that we are in negotiations for a forward who is a prolific goal scorer. I liked Romain, lots of effort for the team but not much in the way of end result. Same can be said for a lot of our team, that’s not a criticism but many are just not National League level.
I really would be surprised if a replacement signing isn’t imminent.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:54 pm This scenario makes no sense, if this stays the same until next home game expect no one to turn up. I reckon we will see a new player or two.
There must be incoming. Surely the club wouldn’t do this otherwise?
RampantDuke

Are the new owners nothing but asset strippers? This is not making any sense. I would suggest that we all go next Friday night and demand some kind of answers.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!