Cheltenham pubs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

We are arriving at about 11 where is the best place to drink? Where is everyone else heading?

There is a spoons in the town centre? Couple in there then head to the ground?
matt_drfc

Getting there about 11:20, hopefully to see a win! (Probably not)

I remember going there a couple of seasons ago and we went to a small one not far from the ground, Sudeley Arms it was called, wasn't bad from what I can remember.

This is from football ground guide: "There is a club bar at the ground called the Robins Nest which allows in small numbers of away fans for a £1 admittance fee. Neil Le Milliere a visiting Exeter City fans recommends the Kemble Brewery Inn on Fairview Street. This pub which is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide serves up to six real ales.

Around a ten minute walk away are the 'Sudeley Arms' and 'The Conservatory' on Prestbury Road on the outskirts of the town centre. There is even a decent fish & chip shop situated in-between the two. To find these pubs, turn right out of the club car park, and then turn left at the end of the road. Go straight over the roundabout, and The Sudeley Arms is on your left and the Conservatory is further up on your right. It is no more than a ten minute walk from the ground.

Otherwise very near to the ground is the Parklands Social Club, where you can also park your car (£4). Simply go down Whaddon Road, passing the ground and the bowling club on your left. Take the first left hand turn and the entrance to the social club car park is a short distance down on the left. Robert Middleston a visiting Nottingham Forest fan adds; 'The Club had a friendly welcome, and the locals we met were all happy to chat football. The club has a number of TV screens including a very big screen, on which the Sky Premier plus game was broadcast, a nice way to pass time over a sandwich and pint before the match'.

Chris Clarke informs me; 'A good alternative is The Hewlett Arms which is a bit more cosmopolitan than other pubs in the local area, it can be found at the top of Hewlett Road which is about a 10 minute walk from the ground'."
Dagdale

There's two Weatherspoon boozers, The Bank House on Clarence Street and from feedback in the club house after Saturday's match a few daggers will be hitting The Moon Under the Water along Bath Road, like Matt says a few decent ones near the ground too. Leaving 7.33 Paddington and have a spare rail ticket return (Coach C), anybody want it at real GOOD discount I'll be on station from around 7, Usually sit in front of departure board nearest platform 1/2. Its an advance leaving at 19.00 hitting Paddington just after nine, so time for a few jars and celebrating a win on last day! Feel were have a few fans there and looking forward to it.
Dagdale

Sorry leaves Paddington at 9 o'clock and not 7.33.
matt_drfc

Dagdale wrote:Sorry leaves Paddington at 9 o'clock and not 7.33.
Same train
Diggerthedog

matt_drfc wrote:
Same train
Same here, everyone I spoke to going by train is on this one. Seems it was the cheapest option. Will go to the moon Spoons first then and trott to the ground closer to kick off.
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
Same train
Same here, everyone I spoke to going by train is on this one. Seems it was the cheapest option. Will go to the moon Spoons first then and trott to the ground closer to kick off.
Only been on the coach once in like 3 seasons that was to Pompey.
Think our train worked out about £20 each, more beer money :lol: