Medi Today

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Well done today to Medi Elito,two nice goals and his defensive qualities are also improving.I think with consistent good form he's made the start his own for now.Long may it continue.Nice to see femi get a run out too.I still think hes far stronger,faster and harder to get past than Connors but Connors had a good game too.It hasn't escaped my attention that Jack headed one off the line in the 1st half.If I was gonna dig anyone out today Id say howell wasn't at his best and Lewy was scary today with a few mis-haps but I think we can afford them a couple of off games as they are normally quite comfortable.Wheres Vindalot these days ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerSince92

Thank you Medy.
rebeldagger

This was the first game I had the chance to attend this season, and I must say Elito is like a different player from last year and he impressed me today. Connors played well and he proved to be as much an attacking force as he did defensive, which did occasionally catch him out but overall he played well.

We seem a lot stronger compared to last year, of course this in part to the new players we have but also I think Burnett has the team playing good football, keeping the ball and taking our chances when we get them, the team also seems a bit more physical too. Plus it's nice to see the players aren't afraid to take risks.

I'm pleased with today's result and score line, at times we may have been the second best side but we put three past the league leaders and they only scored thanks to a goal mouth scramble. Overall good all round team performance and a cracking three points.
HogansHeros

ARNU wrote:Well done today to Medi Elito,two nice goals and his defensive qualities are also improving.I think with consistent good form he's made the start his own for now.Long may it continue.Nice to see femi get a run out too.I still think hes far stronger,faster and harder to get past than Connors but Connors had a good game too.It hasn't escaped my attention that Jack headed one off the line in the 1st half.If I was gonna dig anyone out today Id say howell wasn't at his best and Lewy was scary today with a few mis-haps but I think we can afford them a couple of off games as they are normally quite comfortable.Wheres Vindalot these days ?
Medy also got an assist and played brilliant today thought abs didn't have the greatest game ever
leewilson

I thought Medy was good but he can do better. Great ball for Murphy's goal and two good finishes. I still think some of his general play is lacking though. He put a fair few square passes across the middle of the pitch straight to a blue shirt and some of his runs were a bit into no mans land rather than being dynamic like Hines is when he's on the ball. Still, better from him and I agree that defensively he is beginning to improve.

Thought Connors was a bit below par today actually (hence why Femi came on). Fair play for heading one off the line but Rochdale were targeting him all afternoon with the long diagonal ball in behind him. Twice in the first half they cut inside him and only poor finishing stopped them from scoring. I like him, and I do think he grows into games, but I think a bit of rotating between him and Femi wouldn't harm him. Just to keep the opposition guessing as well. I imagine Hill's done his homework and seen we've been playing an 18 year old at full back who can get exposed on occasions. It was no coincidence they targeted him today.

I think today also showed why Wilkinson's going to struggle to get back into this team. Doe and Saah held us together superbly when we looked like we could crumble. Doe in particular was absolutely brilliant today and was my MOTM.
bearaab

Only been 2 gsmes this season, yesterday and York. Elito was man of the match both times for me.