Did anyone notice?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

I agree with all the comments on here, tonight was utter shite. Why does Mullins start, I dont know. So why take Adeloye off at half time. Again there appears to be reason to it. Taylor just doesnt seem to have a clue. My concern going forward is whether Taylor is capable of putting together a team and tactics to compete. I doubt that so whatever signings are made hereon wont make much of a difference unless they sack Taylor.
Why not appoint someone like the guy in charge of Borehamwood. We need someone who knows this level!
CharlieC

Yep, Garrard or someone similar to him needs to be the direction we go for with our next manager. We should already be looking for our next manager even if there’s no plan to get rid of Taylor imminently.

There must be a level of discontent in this squad now. Adeloye, for example, must be pissed off with Taylor being taken off at half time tonight as well as not being in the squad for quite a few games this season (added to the fact that Mullings is in ahead of him).

It was clear at the start of the season the players were playing for Taylor, but I’m not sure that is the case now. The constant changing of formation and style of play is ridiculous, time for Taylor (and as much as I respect him, even Harris too) to go.
A S dagger97

And what exactly will a new man in charge bring us?
Sorry but I'm not sure why Taylor is being ripped for the lack of signings when he's said in almost every interview that we're looking to get new players in. He's not in control of that really he will just suggest to the board what kind of players we need and then it's down to them. And please remember we've started to sign players now incase you forgot! and there will be more.

If we were to replace Peter we would still be watching the same shite on the pitch and the results will be the same and then what? We sack him too? Wait until we have a few more new faces in and see where we're at. We also need to make these signings a while making sure the squad dosent become too large either as that can be unsettling to the team.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
stanton101

A S dagger97 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:50 am And what exactly will a new man in charge bring us?
Sorry but I'm not sure why Taylor is being ripped for the lack of signings when he's said in almost every interview that we're looking to get new players in. He's not in control of that really he will just suggest to the board what kind of players we need and then it's down to them. And please remember we've started to sign players now incase you forgot! and there will be more.

If we were to replace Peter we would still be watching the same shite on the pitch and the results will be the same and then what? We sack him too? Wait until we have a few more new faces in and see where we're at. We also need to make these signings a while making sure the squad dosent become too large either as that can be unsettling to the team.
stanton101

stanton101 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:42 am
A S dagger97 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:50 am And what exactly will a new man in charge bring us?

You're right, let's give him another six months.
A S dagger97

stanton101 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:43 am
stanton101 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:42 am

You're right, let's give him another six months.
Well we will be in the same position in six month's time regardless of who the is manager anyways. Whether that means preparing for the NL South or not, I don't know.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Diggerthedog

Taylor was given extra money and purchased Mullins who is crap, Munns who can’t get a game and Bellamy who is anonymous. our squad is bigger than most at 24 players and the quality is terrible. We should have signed 11 decent players and kept the youth team from last season. Instead we’ve signed 20+ dross players that are washed up, awful recruitment.
Mark

Mullings has just become the scapegoat for whatever reason. I guess it's because people automatically expect him to win everything in the air because he's fairly tall. I think the fans wanted the money spent on a goalscorer and instead got a target man. It's probably fairer to blame the manager not the player. There's more wrong with our side than just him, as Alan says there wasn't one decent ball into the box and I'm not sure what he should be doing if the ball is banged 50 yards down the pitch and not particularly in his direction. I think Tomi probably went off as he touched the ball about 3 times in the whole half.

Agree also that things are pretty grim if we have to keep playing a cb in midfield. He won't be a midfield player as long as he's got a hole in his backside. As for Davey, the mistakes he makes every time he plays are just beyond belief. He seems to either cost a goal or clear chance on average every 45 mins.

The team selection was really poor and I don't know what the manager is thinking. He's starting to run out of goodwill, changing the team and system every week doesn't bode well. We had about 4 players in unnatural positions out of 11. That isn't ever going to work.

We need Munns and Bellamy fit to play every match. If they can't do that then we need to find alternatives. We need a goal scorer and someone with more movement in behind like Romain gave us. I actually think we can muster a decent 11 with 2 further signings but as soon as we get an injury then we are very short indeed.
BB-Dagger

Mullings a scapegoat???
I’m sure that I among others witnessed a display worthy of criticism last night, I don’t like digging out individuals for criticism because as a whole it’s a team game, players have off days but this guys CV shows failures wherever he’s played, he isn’t up to this level of football as are a few others in the squad, Davey is a liability, Wright is wrong for us, our young wingers Reynolds and Harfield are like rabbits in headlights, they have potential but at the moment they could be permanently affected by the tactics they are asked to play, for a moment last night Harfield had nowhere to go so he ran at the defence and fired a shot that missed by an inch.
So frustrating
Alan

I think Mullins is being scapegoated. Last night he won the first 5 balls played into him. The 6th ball was played in thigh high and the centre half hooked his leg round him and got a foot to it: cue group of people behind me shouting “jump” and “lazy bastard never wins anything” etc. Quite how jumping would have been the right thing to do, I don’t know.

Same thing happened on Saturday, when a ball was played into his chest and the father of another player sat behind me shouted “jump”. It’s just easy to moan at the big bloke for not magically turning the shit balls hoofed in his direction into goals.

I am not sure what any of our forwards are supposed to do, given the complete lack of anything resembling service. Romaine, who is now spoken of as some sort of latter day Eusebio, had 1 in 9 when he left.
RM1Dagger

I agree about Mullins. He's not very good but he's become a target for fans because he doesn't win every ball. He actually made a few effective headers against Wrexham that made some openings.We hardly get any balls into the box. That said I don't think he's the future.

As for the manager we can moan about the frequent team changes and formations etc but he's probably trying different things in difficult circumstances. The fans can always pick better teams it seems than the manager, even Pep, Klopp etc get criticised by fans for this.

The bottom line can anyone seriously say that we'd be better off by say 4, 6 or 8 points with a different manager? I seriously doubt this as the players just aren't up to it.
Now the SE27 Dagger
DaggerJoel11

Adeloye came on for ten minutes Saturday and won more headers than Mullins in the 70 minutes before that. Sounds like Taylor has seen the physique and stature of Mullings before deciding he was our man. For a bloke who is tall and strong, he doesn't use these attributes to his strength whatsoever. Admittedly the service to him is next to non-existent but when you had Romain, much smaller in comparison, winning more headers then you know something is wrong.

At this point, Taylor is playing Mullings to either justify the signing or simply wind us supporters up. Quite why we took Adeloye, our best player at that point, off is anybody's guess but that doesn't even scrape the surface of the tactical masterclass we saw last night.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Richie

Agreed on Mullings, he wasn't the worst player last night. That would be either Davey or Wright.

But ultimately the team are playing worse as a sum, than their individual parts.
dagger4eva

I dont buy this 'being made a scapegoat' crap.

He is just simply the worst of a very bad bunch.

When about 98% of a home crowd are jeering and cheering your substitution from the pitch, you probably know your days are numbered.

The whole thing is farcical tbh. Clearly a non-existant budget at the start of the season is an enormous factor in that, BUT, as someones pointed out, the squad in terms of numbers is huge.
A smaller, tight nit squad of a little more quality, paired with a manger who wasnt washed up 10 years ago, and we may not have been in this predicament.

Taylorsaurus and his prehistoric tactics has managed to make Roy Hodgson look a breath of fresh air. Two more games of this nonsense and it'll be an 'out' from me.
Lcbdagger

Discussion about Mullings is strange... ultimately he doesn't appear to be (in any shape or form) what we need to score goals.

Equally on talk about the manager... we allegedy keep playing the same with a new boss yet we're complaining about the team tactics and the quality of players we brought in to what is now a fairly big squad... who carries the can for this one a month/ three months/ next May if not now?

The formation doesn't suit us, there's a centre back in midfield when one of the back 3 is an absolute liability... the attack creates nothing and there is no goalscorer