Shall We Pick A Team For You

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

Just a bit of fun to see who the fans would choose and to help the old boy out for Saturday. I must admit to being no expert and can already see flaws in my selection, no height upfront and no real width and I would like to have included Hoyte but at the expense of who? Assuming everyone was fit I suggest this lineup. Formation and tactics? I haven’t a clue.

Justham
Nunn Pennell Goodliffe Gordon
Robinson Munns Bellamy
Balenta
Kandi Adeloye
Mark

I think we'll have another 1 or 2 by Saturday who may start but based on what we've got now...

Justham
Nunn Goodliffe Pennell Gordon
Robinson Bellamy
Balanta Munns Harfield
Adeloye

Obvious flaws are a lack of defensive cover for the full back on the right side and the lack of anyone who can make runs in behind. Also if Bellamy is injured we simply don't have anyone good enough as an alternative. I would hope that 3 good technical players behind the striker can get us more on the front foot tho and provide better chances. If we are going to actually get a decent cross into the box I'd consider Mullings instead of Tomi.
dagger4eva

With all things (and abysmal results) considered - how on gods earth is Hoyte not managing to get a look in.

Even Adeloye got a bit of a 2nd chance - after originally being bombed ....
SUSSEX DAGGER

Let you know Friday night when we know,who is Coming in, I refer to the signings that will be kept back to appease the fans forum Friday night
Auntie Merge

My team for Saturday. All would play with far more passion than those wearing the shirts on Tuesday.

Justham
Digger the Dog
SussexDagger
Gavin Hoyte
Arnu
Daggerman
Dagger4Eva
Devon Dagger
DaggerNewbie
Balanta
Auntie Merge

subs
Terry Harris
Dagger83
Mike the Dagger
EssexDagger!

Seems lately from the various threads on here that almost all of us would have both Munns & Bellamy in our daggers starting XI, makes it even more puzzling that neither can get close to a starting berth under our manager, Will wright who’s quite obvious a favourite of Taylor’s & who is also a defender by trade seems to be favoured over both of them...Even Harry Phipps has looked a better midfield option IMO.

Also from what i have seen so far of Jack Munns, he looks to be our most creative player in the whole squad, how he doesn’t he start is beyond me!!
Richie

Mark wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:45 pm I think we'll have another 1 or 2 by Saturday who may start but based on what we've got now...

Justham
Nunn Goodliffe Pennell Gordon
Robinson Bellamy
Balanta Munns Harfield
Adeloye

Obvious flaws are a lack of defensive cover for the full back on the right side and the lack of anyone who can make runs in behind. Also if Bellamy is injured we simply don't have anyone good enough as an alternative. I would hope that 3 good technical players behind the striker can get us more on the front foot tho and provide better chances. If we are going to actually get a decent cross into the box I'd consider Mullings instead of Tomi.
This.
stanton101

Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:21 pm My team for Saturday. All would play with far more passion than those wearing the shirts on Tuesday.

Justham
Digger the Dog
SussexDagger
Gavin Hoyte
Arnu
Daggerman
Dagger4Eva
Devon Dagger
DaggerNewbie
Balanta
Auntie Merge

subs
Terry Harris
Dagger83
Mike the Dagger
Jesus I can't even make the bench!
Oh well billericay it is then.
ThatRoundThing

So far then to summarise so far, we have some wanting Hoyte in the line up at the expense I presume of Nunn.
Harfield is in with a shout and we are all awaiting possible signing(s) news on Friday to select a final line up.
So still baffles me why the strange selection Tuesday night. Player tiredness we were told.
Auntie Merge

stanton101 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:47 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:21 pm My team for Saturday. All would play with far more passion than those wearing the shirts on Tuesday.

Justham
Digger the Dog
SussexDagger
Gavin Hoyte
Arnu
Daggerman
Dagger4Eva
Devon Dagger
DaggerNewbie
Balanta
Auntie Merge

subs
Terry Harris
Dagger83
Mike the Dagger
I didn’t list a full bench. If you have the passion to pull on a Daggers shirt and can give 100% you’re in the team. Bring your boots.
RayleighDagger1986

stanton101 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Justham
Digger the Dog
SussexDagger
Gavin Hoyte
Arnu
Daggerman
Dagger4Eva
Devon Dagger
DaggerNewbie
Balanta
Auntie Merge

subs
Terry Harris
Dagger83
Mike the Dagger
****** me. I find myself well behind Diggerthedog and Auntie Merhe
stanton101

[/quote]

I didn’t list a full bench. If you have the passion to pull on a Daggers shirt and can give 100% you’re in the team. Bring your boots.
[/quote]

I'll have a word with my agent, you'll be sorry when Barcelona nab me.
SUSSEX DAGGER

My playing days are over Auntie Merge let me do the Managers job.

First of all I will tell them to put their hands,on their heart. Those that can feel it tell them to put their hands between their legs and see if they have a pair of bollocks.

Because if they are missing either one of these two attributes they are no use to this team.
Auntie Merge

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:28 pm My playing days are over Auntie Merge let me do the Managers job.

First of all I will tell them to put their hands,on their heart. Those that can feel it tell them to put their hands between their legs and see if they have a pair of bollocks.

Because if they are missing either one of these two attributes they are no use to this team.
Hey, I don’t have any bollocks but I do have balls. And about 30 years ago John Still said I was fast little runner. Do I still make the team?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Ok Auntie Merge but if that was 30 years ago you will be a bit like me, as old as time. How about an impact sub
role