The little things that you notice...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Obviously there is a long list of things that are going to be improved at the club.

Yesterday I noticed that true to their word, the broken frame around the Buy a Brick plaque at the end of the Carling had been replaced.

The taps in the ladies toilets in the clubhouse, which had been faulty for what seems like forever, had been replaced.

Was there anything you noticed yesterday?
ARNU

It is the little things that make life better. Get the facilities right, get the team competing and the social media / advertising up to standard then it follows that people may return. 700 regulars from the league 1 days have gone. Make the tbs our end and stick a roof over bury road end and maybe I wasn't talking shite after all. I'd put seats in the sieve as well you can stand at the back if you're that bothered. In all the years I been going to daggers I only ever had a piss once (2008)Toilets are awful rather piss myself than use them. The catering is awful too, you'd think the yanks would recognise a good burger if they saw one. It's all good though , it seems at last somebody is gonna smarten up our act.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Sagres

At long last the atmosphere both in the clubhouse & ground was back yesterday.
Diggerthedog

I noticed we won :thumbu:
Mark

One thing that would be very welcome is the occasional proper cleaning of the bury road bogs and the provision of some soap.
Grimsweeper

ive noticed youve stopped calling for the manager to go.
Daggernewbie

ARNU wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:42 pm It is the little things that make life better. Get the facilities right, get the team competing and the social media / advertising up to standard then it follows that people may return. 700 regulars from the league 1 days have gone. Make the tbs our end and stick a roof over bury road end and maybe I wasn't talking shite after all. I'd put seats in the sieve as well you can stand at the back if you're that bothered. In all the years I been going to daggers I only ever had a piss once (2008)Toilets are awful rather piss myself than use them. The catering is awful too, you'd think the yanks would recognise a good burger if they saw one. It's all good though , it seems at last somebody is gonna smarten up our act.
Seats in the sieve never.
Diggerthedog

Stood in the sieve for the cup replay it was awful watching the game from there moved around to bury road end at half time, the view from the A13 is well worth the extra couple of quid.
ARNU

Daggernewbie wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:17 am
ARNU wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:42 pm It is the little things that make life better. Get the facilities right, get the team competing and the social media / advertising up to standard then it follows that people may return. 700 regulars from the league 1 days have gone. Make the tbs our end and stick a roof over bury road end and maybe I wasn't talking shite after all. I'd put seats in the sieve as well you can stand at the back if you're that bothered. In all the years I been going to daggers I only ever had a piss once (2008)Toilets are awful rather piss myself than use them. The catering is awful too, you'd think the yanks would recognise a good burger if they saw one. It's all good though , it seems at last somebody is gonna smarten up our act.
Seats in the sieve never.
So I got to stand cos 3 people care about standing ? I'd let you have 50 foot of terracing, put seats everywhere else. I'd relax the standing ban for the back 3 rows.
Alan

You could sit in the Carling or TBS, Arnu.
Auntie Merge

Interesting comments about the toilets in the ground. In a way, it is good to know it isn't just me complaining and the ladies toilets under the Carling that are in need of a good clean. I have mentioned it to the club on several occasions over the years, and raised it once again this weekend.
ARNU

Alan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:38 am You could sit in the Carling or TBS, Arnu.
I do occasionally. The point isn't really about me, it's about bringing the ground and facilities into the 21st century. With such an empty ground you could arguably shut all the terracing and fit everyone in the seated areas. I did allow for a small terraced area for the 5 people that can't work out how to stand in the back rows.
Mark

Total waste of money. All seater stadia are just part of the sanitisation of football that people are fed up with at the top level. Whenever I bring people over who normally go places like west ham they enjoy standing and being close to the pitch. Having half seats and half standing gives people choice and therefore caters to all the potential customers.
lupins

One of the things about Saturday was the way for the first time in ages the whole ground got behind the Team right from the off. Why was that? It was like everyone just decided to all on the same day.

I was in the A13 and when Mcqueen scored the Sieve was going mad and even the Carling had something going on

Should the Team raise the crowd or should the crowd raise the Team
ARNU

I understand the argument but we could fit all our standing followers in a tenth of the space available. It's not the 1970's anymore , old dinosaurs ( like me ) aren't the future . The only problem with sitting is if you have to stay in your allocated seat, other than that I can't see the problem.