Sutton Today

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

I wanted to go today but looked at the rail/tube cancellations and decided against it. Have never had a good record against them and their 3G pitch, how did we do?
Was the helmet having a pop at Taylor at the end just one individual? I presume it wasn’t warranted, we won’t win every game but I am very much confident that we will survive in this league. Isn’t that the best we can expect this season?
I am with the new owners, I hope a 1% improvement in 100 things around the club rather than 100% in one area of the club only.
Daggerman

Obvious to anyone who read this thread late last night that the person who admitted to be the one gobbing off at Taylor after the game was that positive he was right in the way he went about it has chosen to delete his comments! Now I’m all for free speech but if you don’t want to look like a prick for a second time perhaps you can explain why the post was removed.
Diggerthedog

Yes it was me that had words with Taylor and I deleted the post after as I wanted to post something more constructive rather than a rant on what was a difficult day.

If Taylor don’t want stick perhaps he should do a better job then he current is with 4 wins in 21 games, like I said to him were Dagenham playing Sutton Away not Man City and why is it so negative, forward we’re crying out for more support. It’s like watching 9 behind the ball all the time.

It was crap yet again, Sutton keeper did not have a save to make all game and closest we came was nearly an own goal, getting fed up with these performances and the excuses given. He let Romain go and said we have a better striker coming in, we’re still waiting Peter! This is his squad and he’s been given enough of a budget to be better than we are. Look at the 4 wins, all fairly fortunate. We’ve been here before with Burnett and we all know where that ends.
mickeyblue

Yep his budget was massive.
I noticed you got alot of people agreeing with you aswell.
:eek:
but we finished 9th!
Daggerman

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:02 am Yes it was me that had words with Taylor and I deleted the post after as I wanted to post something more constructive rather than a rant on what was a difficult day.

If Taylor don’t want stick perhaps he should do a better job then he current is with 4 wins in 21 games, like I said to him were Dagenham playing Sutton Away not Man City and why is it so negative, forward we’re crying out for more support. It’s like watching 9 behind the ball all the time.

It was crap yet again, Sutton keeper did not have a save to make all game and closest we came was nearly an own goal, getting fed up with these performances and the excuses given. He let Romain go and said we have a better striker coming in, we’re still waiting Peter! This is his squad and he’s been given enough of a budget to be better than we are. Look at the 4 wins, all fairly fortunate. We’ve been here before with Burnett and we all know where that ends.
Then I understand the reason for you deleting the post, “ more constructive “ is something that is needed if you want to put your point over, the way you went about it yesterday left the vast majority of supporters shocked and stunned as well as all of the players, the squad we have is what we have, they should be given as much encouragement as possible, don’t think for a moment you were the only one pissed off at the result yesterday or the way things are going this season, but take a moment and remember the look on some of those young players faces as you kicked off, there is no wonder their confidence is shot.
Also I apologise for using the word Prick in my first post, that was me being frustrated.
leewilson

Daggerman wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:37 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:02 am Yes it was me that had words with Taylor and I deleted the post after as I wanted to post something more constructive rather than a rant on what was a difficult day.

Then I understand the reason for you deleting the post, “ more constructive “ is something that is needed if you want to put your point over, the way you went about it yesterday left the vast majority of supporters shocked and stunned as well as all of the players, the squad we have is what we have, they should be given as much encouragement as possible, don’t think for a moment you were the only one pissed off at the result yesterday or the way things are going this season, but take a moment and remember the look on some of those young players faces as you kicked off, there is no wonder their confidence is shot.
Also I apologise for using the word Prick in my first post, that was me being frustrated.
Spot on. I think we all agree with the fact that 4 wins in 21 is not acceptable and that the majority don't think Taylor is the man for the job. But the way in which it was done after the game was not right and can only have a negative impact on the players who are trying to play for their manager - whatever we think of him. Sadly, those involved don't seem to see that.
Diggerthedog

Daggerman wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:37 am

Fair point, it’s so frustrating maybe I got caught up in the heat of the moment of yet another defeat, apologies to anyone that was present (not the internet mob) who took offence.
mickeyblue

That is big of you fella well done. Far to many would not apologise.
but we finished 9th!
Ian Ayris

Yep. Well done for apologising. Your passion was obvious, and understandable.

My two pennys . . . I thought we were solid first half, winning most first and second balls, keeping it tight without ever producing much. A solid away performance, the boys deservedly applauded off the pitch at half time. Second half, Sutton went up a gear first fifteen minutes, and we couldn't handle it. We continued to battle, but still without that creative spark it was always going to be difficult.

The effort the boys put in against a team that were than eighth was creditable. Losing our way in the second half cost us, and I still worry about the lack of creativity, someone to thread a ball through. I think that person might be Jack Munns, but I think he's wasted out wide. Much more effective in the centre.

As for the incident at the end, like I said, I understand your disappointment and passion. And applaud your apology. But the boys know they let themselves down second half. We all have bad days. They are young. Inexperienced. What will pick them up, keep them fighting, is unwavering support - whatever the result or performance. We, as supporters, need to show a bit of fight here too, a bit of strength in adversity.

Next one up is massive.

A bit of solidarity goes a long way.

COME ON YOU DAGGERS!!!!
Alan

Having seen the video of their goal, it’s a pretty terrible piece of goalkeeping that’s costs us a point.
Daggerfrom70s

In fairness to the keeper the ball is bobbling and wobbling along. Horrible surface to play on. Is a big advantage to the home team