That'll do nicely.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Terrible start but I think we deserved to win. I like the new bloke wilkinson, is he the one with a shit attitude ? Didn't see anything other than a hard worker who scored a goal and won every header. If he plays like that all the time I'll be happy. Did he get a knock cos I'd have left him on . Pleased for little Munns and his goal. Good result.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
daggersjeff

Wilkinson went over on his ankle shortly after scoring. I was surprised he came out for 2nd half
daggersjeff

Excellent tribute to Uncle Dave before the game. Total silence in the ground. RIP
RM1Dagger

The boys showed a lot of spirit and some good dogged defending and goalkeeping today. I think earlier on in the season we would have comfortably lost that. Fylde will definitely think they deserved something out of the game as they did put us under the pump a bit second half and also had a few chances first half to increase their lead. Nicely taken goal from Wilko and lovely move for the winner. Onwards and upwards
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Good performance from a few of our boys. More of the same please.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:46 pm Good performance from a few of our boys. More of the same please.
Is it time for a new "Taylor out" poll?

Proper"Daggers" performance today.
EssexDagger!

Superb performance....That’s 7 points from 9 at home against Fylde,Harrogate & Salford City! Victoria Road fast becoming a fortress! Could of quite easily picked 4/5 winners of the MOTM award today but have no arguments over justham receiving it, some worldy saves again today from the big man!!

Now to try and improve our poor away record now for next weekend against Bromley!.. Defo a winnable game for us, as is our next home game vs Havant & Waterlooville, don’t want to Bock us but if we play like we did today then 2 wins from 2 wouldn’t be out of the question! COYD
stanton101

A sterling effort today from the boys, as said four or five could have had motm, but in the end I think justham just about knicked it.
Shame about wilkinson, hope it doesn't keep him out.
Well done lads.
NBDag

Think they have been the best team I have seen at Victoria Rd this season. They passed it about so well and Toure is annoyingly good, they were a constant threat. Testament to how well we battled for us to win and walk away thinking we could/should have scored more.

Lots of talk about Justham and rightly so- but I’m a massive fan of Munns right now. He is such a scrapper and is always the first person in our team to show that they want to fight for the result. Glad he got his goal it’s been long-deserved. Harry Phipps also is a changed man from the player we saw at the start of the season. In the second half he was the aggression that we have been missing in midfield, and his work with the ball at his feet wasn’t too shabby either. More of this please boys! Kandi was also fantastic when he came on.

What was a shocking first 30mins or so turned into a performance that even made me, a moany Taylor Out-er, think that we could be good enough to stay up quite comfortably, if we can harness whatever it was that made us so different to the last game I saw (Borehamwood).
Dagdale

Pleasure to leave Victoria Road after watching a team do a good day's work especially the determination to put right an early goal set back, Flyde will be floating around top of the pack so a win against that lot is a great incentive booster for the coming games. Quite a number of players could have easily warranted the star player award but ever since I saw Jack Munns make a really gleam of a start at that dip of a game at Gateshead he has impressed me every time and having Onariase as solid as a rock right at the back has been a right blessing. Good to see we held firm when it was needed the most and deserved the 3 points, and considering we have a pool backing up with the likes of Smith, Hoyte, Tomi and Bellamy its quite promising.
Alan

Onarise is a beast. He reads the game very well and loves defending. Biggest worry for me is if he goes back from his loan, we are back to square one at the back with Davey or Wright.
DevonDagger

Alan wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:43 pm Onarise is a beast. He reads the game very well and loves defending. Biggest worry for me is if he goes back from his loan, we are back to square one at the back with Davey or Wright.
I’ve had these thoughts too. Perhaps Pennell in the middle and put Gordon or Smith in at left back?
Alan

Pennell is no substitute for an Onarise type of player. Gordon is one for the future, needs to go out on loan and learn his trade, he has too many errors in him, like our other defenders.
BB-Dagger

Excellent result yesterday after an awful start, After the first couple of minutes it looked like the Fylde number 17 was going to tear Onarise apart but he grew into the game and by the end had him in his pocket, I know it was a tense end but the effort and commitment could not be faulted, as previously said any one of five could have been man of the match but Eliot pulled out some fine stops near the end didn’t he! Overall I think Fylde looked a good team with a couple of very outstanding players BUT in the end not quite good enough, hopefully this result will give the team a confidence boost going to the next games,
Mark

Early on they had 3 players attacking down our right so Manny kept getting pulled over and McQueen wasn't getting back to help. Once we plugged that I felt we were in control of the game. Manny is a superb player on early form and we are fortunate to have someone who has already impressed at a higher level than ours. As Alan says, he reads things so early, he doesn't overplay and he is not prepared to let big forwards push him around.

I felt Fylde were a good technical team but massively overplay. They seemed happy to keep 6 in midfield and play triangles, before eventually throwing a cross onto Manny or Ben's head. No idea why their top scorer sat so deep for so long. I think if they got the ball into the danger zone quicker they'd have blown us away in the first half.

Special mention to Justham who I've been critical of in the past but what a performance. After some early season mistakes he's come into some great form and is earning us points. He's even taking crosses under pressure in a way I've not seen before. Seems much more confident and long may it continue. Still seems like Mr Grumpy and doubt that will change with the sleepless nights ahead! ;)