FA Trophy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

So the first round draw is today, live on Talksport at 2:30pm. https://daggers.co.uk/news/-LS9xPBksL7sjP2ScSy_

Should we give it a go this season or not?
lupins

Yes 100% we should

Let everyone else treat it lightly and fashionably rotate

Its a myth that you can't compete on both fronts
Mike the Dagger

Ebbsfleet away.

Hmmmm!
DevonDagger

For the sheer number of lower league sides that were available, I’m not too overjoyed with that. Was hoping for something a little closer that I could easily get to!
rebeldagger

And we're just after singing defender Kenny Clark from Ebbsfleet.
Auntie Merge

rebeldagger wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:03 pm And we're just after singing defender Kenny Clark from Ebbsfleet.
Is he good at karaoke? :lol:

My Ebbsfleet friend described him as the best centre back they've had for the last 3 years.
rebeldagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:34 pm
rebeldagger wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:03 pm And we're just after singing defender Kenny Clark from Ebbsfleet.
Is he good at karaoke? :lol:

My Ebbsfleet friend described him as the best centre back they've had for the last 3 years.

That'll teach me for not wearing my glasses !
Mark

He played for us before didn't he.

I'm not sure why we'd sign him tbh. He wouldn't get in our first 11. I hope this doesn't mean Manny is definitely not extending his loan in January. Clark is a decent player but I'd expect he's come here to play after being a regular at a side above us in the table.
Richie

Mark wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:24 pm He played for us before didn't he.

I'm not sure why we'd sign him tbh. He wouldn't get in our first 11. I hope this doesn't mean Manny is definitely not extending his loan in January. Clark is a decent player but I'd expect he's come here to play after being a regular at a side above us in the table.
Manny is great, but would like to think Clark could match Goodliffe's performances.

He's also due to leave in Jan as things stand, although I don't see why Wolves wouldn't want to extend it.
Mike the Dagger

Agree, it would be good to get "one of our own" in there at centre half rather than relying on loanees. That said I'd extend both Manny and Goodliffe tomorrow if we can.
Oxhead

Ebsfleet have signed Cody McDonald ex Gills striker
EssexDagger!

I’m assuming from this signing that Manny or Goody are returning to their parent clubs in January or at the very least one of them surely will.
I will never grumble at quality players coming especially after some of the dead wood we have in our current squad but I would of thought a central midfielder/right midfielder would of been the priority! Our current XI are looking great at the moment but one injury to Robinson or Phipps then we are back to starting Will Wright or Ollie Harfield In CM, we cannot return to that option!!
dagger4eva

Well the Ebbsfleet fans are certainly not happy at losing him. Lets hope their loss, is very much our gain!

Some selected comments from their forum:

"Am gutted ‘Concrete is leaving’, best central defender this season so far and last when it comes to it"

"Shame to see him go! Class act. News of a replacement according to Twitter"

"There are people who know more about the game and also more about the club than me but I'm sorry to see him go... The sort of player you only seemed to notice when he had an off day"

"Very sad to see "Concrete" go, top man and Fleet hero."

"He has served the club well and has gave his all each time he has played. Thanks Kenny for the memories.
Exactly that, you always know what you will get from Kenny, not the player you want passing the ball forward but as brave as you like and 100% effort every time."
Adrian

Yep, as a full back before we won the Conference.

Is from Dagenham and I refereed him when he played youth football. Seeing him described as experienced makes me feel old.
RM1Dagger

It does make sense given our two CDs are on loan and echoing what's been said, Fleet are gutted to lose him. My mate's a Fleet fan and as soon as I told him he texted me saying 'FFS he is quality' so I'll take that from fans watching him most weeks..
Now the SE27 Dagger