club Crest

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

Just noticed on Trinity sports holdings official website club crest is showing same as it is on the new hoody in club shop. Old style shield but with out the surrounding heraldry. Do you think this will be crest on new team shirts going forward. http://sportsholdings.com/holdings/soccer/
Mike the Dagger

Dagger42 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:12 pm Just noticed on Trinity sports holdings official website club crest is showing same as it is on the new hoody in club shop. Old style shield but with out the surrounding heraldry. Do you think this will be crest on new team shirts going forward. http://sportsholdings.com/holdings/soccer/
This is exactly what we should have done when we decided to simplify the badge and came up with the current word art travesty.

The Memphis 901 badge plays on the music history of Memphis and is really well done, obviously thought through.

These guys have a clue about marketing. Hallelujah!
Daggernewbie

Hopefully they are changing the badge as a lot like the one shown on the new hoodie.
NBDag

My interpretation was that the badge on the clothes was just another crest we would use on club merchandise. Tbh I’m starting to come round to our current badge, I’d have preferred something that focused on the crossed keys and dagger, but it doesn’t really need changing again. Just keep turfing out nice kits like our current home and away strips, and people will still buy them.
lupins

To be honest as much as I wasn't a huge fan of the new badge I am beginning to like it and it is at least recognisable when you see it on various media streams. I wouldn't be averse to a change either though,something a bit more classical perhaps but for me has to.include crossed daggers, not keys (or swords!)
Ally Fraser

If the club shop stock the Memphis 901 tees I’d buy one.
rebeldagger

Despite what was said at the Fan's forum, in that the club would be looking to use both crests, with the reason being that it increases the amount of products you are able to sell, I do think that they are possibly and sensibly testing the water.

After Xmas, or maybe towards the end of the season it'll be interesting to see the sales figures for the navy hoody against anything else with the new crest. If that goes the way I think it would, we may well see change coming.

And as Mike says, this modern take on the historic symbols of Barking and Dagenham as well as Redbridge is exactly what should have been done in the first place.
Last edited by rebeldagger on Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DagenHammer87

I think it should be put to a proper vote for all fans with booking history.

The current crest is very clean looking and was probably done for copywriting and trademarking reasons. The old crest was congested somewhat and may have added expense in terms of shirt manufacturing.

The badge on the hoody is nicely simplified and wouldn't look out of place on our kits, with the current badge going onto the hoodies.

I like the marketing of the trinity holdings guys - the photo shoots are a little more professional than the embarrassing kit launch featuring the work experience kid one year. The work they have done in a couple of months looks very positive and I'm sort of looking forward to what else they'll bring out for us.

We should have an eye on the way Orient market their items and tickets - it looks very professional. I'm sure with a bit of time we'll continue improving and get to that standard.

Ultimately, the badge doesn't matter. It's about the players who play for what the badge represents.
Dagger42

with the new style crest the club could have taken the idea, but made it more professional. Made the daggers realistic and improved the font of the lettering . Could have also put the daggers behind the circle and had old shield design in middle of circle.
len

I recently bought the navy blue hoodie because I liked the colour and the overall look of the item without ever looking at the crest or indeed knowing anything about two different ones and am very pleased with the purchase. I would say I am probably not alone in this way of buying.
HGDagger

Have to give the Americans credit for the work they're doing. I personally love this crest and I'd be happy if it became official next season.
Auntie Merge

I wanted to buy the hoodie but they didn’t have my size. I ended up buying a plain navy hoodie from elsewhere, as I needed it in time for my holiday. I might still buy a club hoodie at some point.

I bought a new navy club tshirt instead and I love it. I feel proud to wear it out and about wherever I go. Especially as my red and yellow Daggers t shirts are long past their best. (If anyone still has a Pub Team from Essex t shirt in medium or large and relatively good condition, I’d be happy to buy it off you).

I love the club crest and really hope it is given the prominence it deserves.
Dagger42

Beanie hat on sale now as well with the shield crest.