60 64 65 80?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dj johnny b

I didn't get a season ticket this season for the first time in eons - now living over 100 miles away and, at the time, dubious future of the club, made the decision for me.
I've managed to see a couple of games with hopefully a few more this month.
So I was interested in the half season ticket offer...pondered closely but reluctantly decided in the end not worth it. But it might have been had I been considered/defined a 'concession' (a few birthdays lacking). This encouraged me to look at other club's policies - what a mix!! Just take a look at this:

Aldershot Town Over 65, Military personnel, young adults 19-21, students
Barnet 65 years and over & under the age of 21.
Barrow 65+
Boreham Wood OAP Over 65 only
Braintree Town OAP and those in full time education
Bromley Over 65’s
Chesterfield over 65 's and juniors ages between 17 - 21 years.
Dagenham & Redbridge over 65s and students with a valid NUS card
Dover Athletic over 60
Eastleigh Over 60's - Under 18's - Student's with a valid NUS card
Ebbsfleet United Over 60s / Students (with ID)
Fylde none obvious from website
Halifax Town Over 65’s and Students with ID
Gateshead Over 60 and members of armed forces
Harrogate Town Over 65’s and supporters eligible for PIP/DLA
Hartlepool United 60+ students and armed forces
Havant & Waterlooville exist but unclear what!
Leyton Orient Senior = 65+
Maidenhead United SENIOR CITIZEN/UB40/NUS
Maidstone United 65+/students with valid ID
Salford City 60 and Over, Children 5-16, Students with ID
Solihull Moors 65+ years, Serving Military Personnel with a valid 'Forces ID' card, Students with a valid NUS card
Sutton United Adult tickets are for those aged 20 to 59. Concessionary discounts available for younger or older supporters and students
Wrexham Over 64 & U21s (less for 80+)

Many questions begging amongst which what is an OAP or a Senior Citizen, why such disparity between 60 and 65 and shouldn't there be a league policy/guidance on this? It's all a bit 1970's, isn't it?
BB-Dagger

I agree there are too many discrepancies in the ticket prices throughout the league, the FA should stipulate an even playing field and in my unbiased opinion 60 should be the age where seniors start! :whistle:
Dagger83

In my opinion, pensioners are loaded and should pay more... :boss:
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Auntie Merge

In that case our concession criteria has changed, probably since dropping out of the football league or since benefit changes.

Previously the Daggers concession tickets included those in receipt of the middle or higher rate mobility allowance of DLA/PIP.
Dagdale

As someone who is hovering between the two ages (60-65) was quite aware how various clubs 'float it' regarding concession ages. Only had six months in EFL when I reached the first step then we got relegated but if my memory corrects me most EFL cons were 65, clubs like Stevenage were the best and Luton Town were awful even I think one line at 75, obviously Non league the scope was better but even in the last couple of years I've noticed a number have gone from 60 to 65 how that club comes up with 64 would like an answer (Wales?). All I can put it down to is like losing bus passes outskirts of London and rest of mainland, it use to be 60 (and how I swore) and was going up a year at a time and is being nationally raised to the retirement age of 66 to most born after about 1954, so what I'm trying to get at when I queried it most 'benefits' that are way laid by various organisations are now I believe putting their dates on peoples retirement dates. Wouldn't surprise me if it will be 66 by all football clubs here pretty soon. Best to keep away from deep politics
Ally Fraser

Didn’t we used to give a discount to the workshy?
Sagres

We are in a deprived London borough, in my opinion concession prices should be 60+ as per the oyster discount for over 60s.
Diggerthedog

I noticed the Trophy match at Ebbsfleet is yet much more expensive than other clubs Trophy games. £10 is plenty, £15 is a piss take.