Halifax

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

Ref was absolutely useless. But when you’re playing against a berk like Kosylo, you have to factor in the fact that he’s a cheating c**t who will dive at every opportunity. Nunn should have known better- Robinson also looked close to getting 2 yellows too.

I’m surprised no one has really mentioned the fact that our tactics were shocking yesterday. Clark wasn’t horrific at left back, but what has Gordon got to do for a start? Robinson should have came off a lot earlier, but why did we wait so long to bring on Tomi and why Gordon for Robinson? Anyone have an idea of what happened when Kandi was about to come on but then didn’t? But most importantly, why were we so happy to sit back after their red as if a win for us was inevitable? Should have put them to the sword long before they scored.
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:41 pm You two should have a sumo fight in the centre circle while we chuck burgers and buns at ya !!
You’ll eat them not chuck them.
CharlieC

NBDag wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 am Ref was absolutely useless. But when you’re playing against a berk like Kosylo, you have to factor in the fact that he’s a cheating c**t who will dive at every opportunity. Nunn should have known better- Robinson also looked close to getting 2 yellows too.

I’m surprised no one has really mentioned the fact that our tactics were shocking yesterday. Clark wasn’t horrific at left back, but what has Gordon got to do for a start? Robinson should have came off a lot earlier, but why did we wait so long to bring on Tomi and why Gordon for Robinson? Anyone have an idea of what happened when Kandi was about to come on but then didn’t? But most importantly, why were we so happy to sit back after their red as if a win for us was inevitable? Should have put them to the sword long before they scored.
Yep, agree that it was a strange decision playing Clark at left back. I understand taking Gordon out of the firing line for a while, but yesterday was the perfect opportunity to ease him back into the starting 11. I worry long-term what this might do to his confidence.
Alan

Kosylo would have torn Gordon a new one. I’m guessing that’s why he didn’t start.

Liam is one for the future. He needs to go out on loan to get some games. He’s started 15 for us this year, we picked up 9 points in those games.
leewilson

Alan wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 pm Kosylo would have torn Gordon a new one. I’m guessing that’s why he didn’t start.

Liam is one for the future. He needs to go out on loan to get some games. He’s started 15 for us this year, we picked up 9 points in those games.
Agree with this. At first, I was a bit baffled when I saw the line up. Then when I remembered they have Kosylo down the right, it made sense for Clark to play with all of his experience. Plus, I'm convinced that he played full back a fair bit when starting out with us years ago. He seems quite adaptable. Plus, I think Taylor prefers us to be quite tall across the back line. It certainly helps with the direct style a lot of teams adopt in this league and with defending set pieces. We've looked a lot more solid on them recently aside from the goal yesterday (Manny's first proper mistake for us).

The only thing that's disappointed me is the lack of communication over the Pennell injury. I saw a snapchat screenshot of him in a neck brace (that I'm sure others have seen as well) so I assume it's serious. However, without seeing that, I'd be speculating in my head whether or not he was injured/fallen out with Taylor/rested etc. We don't have a divine right to know as fans but other clubs update their fans with injuries all the time (see West Ham informing that Arnaotovic is out until the New Year just the other day). I'd quite like to know how close the likes of Liam Bellamy and Nathan Smith are to a return but I don't even have a clue what injury they have, let alone the seriousness of it.
bloke down the pub

The "Nob" list gets longer.
DevonDagger

leewilson wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:05 pm The only thing that's disappointed me is the lack of communication over the Pennell injury. I saw a snapchat screenshot of him in a neck brace (that I'm sure others have seen as well) so I assume it's serious. However, without seeing that, I'd be speculating in my head whether or not he was injured/fallen out with Taylor/rested etc. We don't have a divine right to know as fans but other clubs update their fans with injuries all the time (see West Ham informing that Arnaotovic is out until the New Year just the other day). I'd quite like to know how close the likes of Liam Bellamy and Nathan Smith are to a return but I don't even have a clue what injury they have, let alone the seriousness of it.
Doesn't sound good for Pennell, hadn't heard about the neck brace. I don't particularly blame them for not immediately announcing his absence as to not give the opposition any advantage by planning for certain players. If I were the opposition and you told me that days before a game that Wilkinson was going to be unable to play, I'd prepare a lot differently for the likes of Kandi and Tomi than him.

Terry Harris said in an interview Smith's length of absence is not clear, it is bone bruising which apparently needs to be taken day by day but shouldn't be excepted back imminently. Those who love the idea of the Dagenham fortnight may have a lot of fun with that one.

Nothing on Bellamy bar '...hopefully back in the not too distant future'.
RampantDuke

Adrian wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:40 pm Both teams should be deducted the point from todays game. It was poor. We deserved absolutely nothing from it.

Kosylo of Halifax should be facing a retrospective ban for simulation after his pathetic dive to get Nunny sent off. If we ever face him again I'd be happy to see Nunn get himself sent off breaking the cheats legs.
The club must report the dive to the FA.

The match officials should not be allowed near a football pitch for a long time. The ref set the tone by awarding a free kick in the first minute when their player fell over his own feet. He then let their players run the game for him in the second half.
He probably got their sending off correct but it ends up not being a hard one to do.
Can't agree with that I'm afraid pal. The first one Kosylo had got past Nunn and he took one for the team. If anything I thought he had done the right thing by stopping the break in that situation. Second one he caught Kosylo when he didn't need to - it wasn't in a threatening position. Was it a foul? - yes. Did Kosylo make the most of it - of course. Was it a booking? - Not sure but when the ref is looking to even things up you have to be extra careful and Ben will be disappointed with himself today.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Alan wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 pm Nunn caught him for the second yellow, It happened a few yards from me.

Frustrating game, neither side created much. Don’t know why we didn’t leave someone out for corners when playing 10 men.

Hopefully Robinson will be ok, he was hobbling about. It would be nice to see Bellamy and Smith fit soon.
Agree Alan , the pulling back everybody for corners is annoying when you are playing 11 when you are playing 10 beggers belief.

11 could not prevent one of their 8 from getting a free header. Shocking and no other word for it