Ins and outs.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Its that time again.Who stays who goes ??
Forget contracts as we all know leaving by "Mutual agreement" is an option.If you are told blatantly you'll never play for Dagenham again I'm sure you'd want to move unless you are an old boy like Maher who was,quite happy to sit it out.

I would assume the loaneas will all be gone though I liked D'Ath and Norris.Azeez was ok,not really given much of a chance by the fans.I'd be quite happy if we could sign any of these three.Dickson was very disappointing,Ebbsfleet awaits.

I reckon Lewy will move on or be moved on.He has been good for the Daggers but I dont think he'll get any better,Seabright is maturing and could well be Daggers No1 next season.

It hurts me to say this but Femi has had a terrible season,I don't think Wayne likes him and his confidence is shot to bits.However I don't think Connors is any better (Yet) than a poor Femi.I reckon we need a new LB altogether,but a good solid one.

Wilky and Saah both had iffy seasons but are both more than capable but improvement is expected from both.Gayle is breathing down both their necks.

Doe and Abs are our star players and pick themselves yet again.

Howell,Bingham and Elito all had good seasons and Id expect all 3 to start next season.

Shields....dunno.Needs a bit of dinner in him and to get on the weights,I fear our expectation outweighs his actual ability.

Zav.....very talented when he's in the mood for it but out of contract and injured now.I thought he became a bit anonymous in his last few outings.

Murphy......Goalscorer without a doubt,cant jump or head though and if wayne is going to persist in hoofing the ball he'll be useless.Needs the ball on the ground,in which case he's brilliant.

Need a couple of strikers who know where the goal is,a left back and a couple of decent wingers.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

Seabright looked far from ready I thought. Made a mistake which cost a goal against Northampton and Cheltenham. I can't see him getting ahead of Lewy in the pecking order
matt_drfc

Keep both keepers. Seabright isn't ready yet, Lewy is still a good enough L2 keeper.

Would anyone take McGlashan from Cheltenham? Been named as 1 of 2 players who admitted to the manager they weren't trying, other being Braham-Barratt the left back. Whether or not they will stay I dunno, but I think I'd give him a go.
NickMurphy

One player I'd really like to sign is Keanu Marsh-Brown from Barnet. Been transfer listed down there and looked extremely lively when I've seen him play. He's rough in terms of quality, but we're the sort of club that takes those players on and I reckon we'd be a good fit for him. Transfer listed as I say though, so unlikely that we'd sign him.

Agree with the above that Seabright isn't quite ready. Terrific shot stopper, but he made two flaps when coming for crosses at the weekend, one of which led to a goal; so I'd still trust Lewy with the number one. That being said, I wouldn't get rid of either of them.

In terms of letting players go, Dickson is probably on everyone lists and I can certainly understand why some may say Femi as well. I'd add Alex Osborn to that as well, while he's probably not costing us money seeing as though he's been on loan for three years, he doesn't seem to be making much progress. Unless someone has seen him play and can tell me otherwise? Reckon Matt Saunders might go as well.
Richie

NickMurphy wrote:One player I'd really like to sign is Keanu Marsh-Brown from Barnet. Been transfer listed down there and looked extremely lively when I've seen him play. He's rough in terms of quality, but we're the sort of club that takes those players on and I reckon we'd be a good fit for him. Transfer listed as I say though, so unlikely that we'd sign him.

Agree with the above that Seabright isn't quite ready. Terrific shot stopper, but he made two flaps when coming for crosses at the weekend, one of which led to a goal; so I'd still trust Lewy with the number one. That being said, I wouldn't get rid of either of them.

In terms of letting players go, Dickson is probably on everyone lists and I can certainly understand why some may say Femi as well. I'd add Alex Osborn to that as well, while he's probably not costing us money seeing as though he's been on loan for three years, he doesn't seem to be making much progress. Unless someone has seen him play and can tell me otherwise? Reckon Matt Saunders might go as well.
I think I read that Osborn is now playing as a CM so his low goals tally may not tell the whole story.
leewilson

matt_drfc wrote:Keep both keepers. Seabright isn't ready yet, Lewy is still a good enough L2 keeper.

Would anyone take McGlashan from Cheltenham? Been named as 1 of 2 players who admitted to the manager they weren't trying, other being Braham-Barratt the left back. Whether or not they will stay I dunno, but I think I'd give him a go.
I wouldn't have taken McGlashan before them allegations. He's actually played quite well against us but 1-2 Cheltenham fans I speak to on twitter never rated him that highly. I don't think he'd offer too much more than the likes of Chambers etc. I especially don't want a player who openly admitted to 'not trying' either.
TommyD&R

I know its not gonna happen because we havent got the money for it, but lets imagine we do for a second;

Who would have nile ranger at the club seeing hes now a free agent?
TommyD&R

Oh and thomas cruise could be a handy left back if femi goes, hes out of contract and i doubt he'll resign with torquay. Plus he'll know gavin, rhys and abs from arsenal.
matt_drfc

TommyD&R wrote:Oh and thomas cruise could be a handy left back if femi goes, hes out of contract and i doubt he'll resign with torquay. Plus he'll know gavin, rhys and abs from arsenal.
That's a brilliant shout. Also would know Saah from Torquay. Wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened!
matt_drfc

On the point of Osborn, he's scored today v Dover I think it may be Kent Cup Final today. Also, Jake Reed scored for Lowestoft v Hornchurch in Ryman Play-Off Final
ARNU

Maybe Jake Reed could make a comeback,might be better with a different style and being in with a shout of actually playing.It'd probably get vindalot to turn a gun on himself at the very least.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

I somehow think both goalkeepers will stay, and like Matt says Lewy is a pretty good goalie at League two level, still think should give Jordan a bit more of a chance next season. Shouldn't think Abs would be off, just love his commitment (rolled sleeves up all the time, stuck in son!) and really hope Howells, Elito , Hoyte and of course Doey stay and somehow think Murphy when his finally free of injury will do another season and I think Sean Shields, young Jack Connors and Ian Gayle are going to be good players definitely for the future, but the rest Au revoir perhaps. Think a out and out striker is much needed ,especially look what a minus it was to our team after the loss of Rhys, and the two players I think would make a big difference to bed in and move forward here would be Lenell John Lewis and I know I'm pushing it but also Craig Disley in midfield, just lost out on play off''s have Grimsby and been watching the team a lot this season on BT sport and should imagine that'd love to jump up a division now. Very impressed with Bondz N'Gala of Portsmouth at left back and would be good running with Jack but should imagine he'd be difficult to prise away from Pompey.(Sorry Sussex)
leewilson

Lenell John Lewis is pony. And that's coming from a couple of Grimsby fans I speak to.
Adrian

Wow, it feels a bit early for the thread naming pretty much every available player going that we shouldn't be touching with a pole and suggesting we sign them isn't it?

Nile Ranger - sod whether we could afford him or not, he's clearly a basket case
John-Lewis - a striker with a strike rate of a goal in every 10 games - I'll pass
Disley - a 32 yeard old who's spent the last 3 seasons in the Conference - I'll pass
N'Gala - a centre back being suggested as a left back - I'll pass
redboy

Congratulations Arnu on a very good original post, have to agree with most of it.

Personally I think both keepers will stay and slug it out. I feel that we need 4-5 more outfield players, but of these I'd like to see a couple come who have substantial football league experience. I'd also like to see a few guys six foot plus and carrying a bit of muscle. On our budget, we're never going to outplay teams week in week out, so we need personnel with a bit of steel and fight in them. I'm a believer that sometimes less is more, so a smaller squad with more quality is also my preference.

I don't know if its a coincidence, but agree that Abs and Doey were not only our most consistent players this season, but also the only survivors from the play off final. Enjoy your motm champers in the summer boys.