FA Trophy 2nd Round

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Away to Salford City or Gateshead!

12th January 2019.

Bugger!!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

******’s sake. I feel like he Dagenham Cup Gods have just smacked me back down in punishment for getting excited for two whole days about a cup run. And Barnet get Dorchester at home. Argh
stanton101

Thanks for that :banghead:
Daggerman

No worries here, once we’ve stuffed the mancs on Saturday they won’t want to play us again.. :punk:
HGDagger

What a **** draw. Considering the likes of Weymouth and Salisbury are there. It should be divided to north/south up until the final.
DaggerJoel11

Made the mistake of thinking that things would get easier after we beat one of the league's most in-form sides in their own backyard, but wow, that's probably the worst tie we could've got.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
daggersjeff

HGDagger wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:04 pm What a **** draw. Considering the likes of Weymouth and Salisbury are there. It should be divided to north/south up until the final.
Have agree with this in part, think up to and including round 3 should be north/south segregated. It would save all clubs involved additional travelling accomodation and expenses, and make the prize fund worth winning the game for!!

The winners from round 2 get £7k; It will probably cost us most of that whether we are at Salford or Gateshead :ermm:
Alan

I think the away team get travel and accommodation expenses paid from the gate before it’s split.
Diggerthedog

More local crowds the bigger the gates too. I wont be making a second trip to either of those places.
NBDag

The cup draw fairies really don’t like us do they? Away to either the worst ground in the league or to the most soulless team in the league. Feels like forever since we have been at home, and now it feels like it’ll be another year until our next chance.
ARNU

If you're the true champion you'll fight anyone anywhere. All this hoping we get a shit team cowardice is why Britain ain't great anymore. Maybe Salford might have higher aspirations than winning the nobody cares cup.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Salisbury? Not so sure about going down there? Bring it on! Find out more about doing the Salford run Saturday but heard its a bit of a hurdle where they're pitched, but although never seen us get anything from the Heed and taking hit and miss with the weather this time of year and maybe rail buffs wouldn't get a decent deal I'd rather give it another slog up Geordieland. From what I saw Saturday and the way the lads have come on heaps lately whoever we draw we gotta fancy our chances now.
DevonDagger

It's obviously a pretty unwanted draw to say the least.

However the last few seasons and many beyond have shown it's quite often the teams you'd consider favourites don't materialise. Brackley won it last season and the two previous winners were relegated from this league. Salford or Gateshead will be favourites against us but to be honest anything can happen in a low priority competition. If anything a tough draw means you won't feel so aggrieved going out compared to if it's a lower league side!
DaggerJoel11

I think everybody will agree that we have a much better opportunity of winning if we're playing Gateshead rather than Salford and I doubt many people will fancy two trips up Manchester in the space of three weeks. With Salford having a lot more to play for as most assume Gateshead will eventually fall away from the playoffs, perhaps the Heed will take tomorrow's game more seriously and might nick something - they've already beaten Salford this season too. We'll get to size Salford out this week anyway but, whoever we get, it's worth remembering that neither team will exactly relish playing the in-form team in the league, just as much as we won't particularly want to play them!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
A S dagger97

ARNU wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:04 pm If you're the true champion you'll fight anyone anywhere. All this hoping we get a shit team cowardice is why Britain ain't great anymore. Maybe Salford might have higher aspirations than winning the nobody cares cup.
As the above says, you've got to play the best at some point. And I'd imagine that both sides will rest a few 1st team regulars who ever we get so this is gonna be a 50/50 game and the top teams often go out early because of this.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!