Who would have thought last season...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

... That Dwight Gayle would decide the Premier league title race this season
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Unbelievable. Amazing credit to Still and the coaching staff for bringing him through, but even more credit to himself, his rise has been nothing short of astronomical
Dagdale

Real nice lad, saw him in the family stand mid season and ventured half time where we were in TBS talking away and signing for any dagger who wished, can tell you he still fondly loves this place.
TommyD&R

The man himself just parked outside my house. Got a bit exited and didnt know what to do so I ended up doing nothing instead.
SUSSEX DAGGER

That we had in our Team a Player who would have a better goal average for minutes on the pitch then Wayne Rooney the following season.
ARNU

I think he scored again today.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:I think he scored again today.
twice, again
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Bizarre to think that the first 2 goals in the palace game today were scored by a player who scored for us last year and a player who scored against us this season.
Mike the Dagger

Dwight ended the season top scorer for Palace with 8, despite having very few games (9 starts, 16 sub appearances).

He is the real deal, and we still sold him too cheap last season. Good luck though Dwight, the Daggers are proud to have been an, all to short, part of your career.
SUSSEX DAGGER

You have to wonder if he had started the season how he finished how close he would have got to an England call up.

You wont see better goals then the 2nd yesterday and the one at Villa on boxing day.

Wonder were this leaves him. Reports that Pullis did not fancy him and that he wanted to loan him or even ditch him.
Mark

I bet one of my mates at the start of the season that he'd go to the world cup. As you say, probably not miles away if he'd started more.
Chigwellian

Mike the Dagger wrote:sold him too cheap last season.

I agree.... And we can only blame one person for that.

The sooner we get rid of the dead wood at the club, the better