FCUK A DUCK

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Now THAT is a win !!!

6 points from 6 against the top two is a literally amazing return! Keep up this form and playoffs will be a certainty!!

Happy bloody days
Granddad

That must be the most exciting game at Victoria Road for years.
ARNU

Taylor out!! Winning against top 2 and on Boxing Day!! He’s got to go.

But really, have that Orient scum lol!!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BB-Dagger

Today we played a team of over confident arrogant twats who thought they were going to win just by turning up, as did their fans.
A team with an arsehole who goes by the name of korona, he play acted throughout the game instead of being the player that he was rumoured to be, (I hope he’s now realising what a prick he was/is) Yes they looked threatening at times but today the true Daggers spirit shone through... the effort and commitment to the cause was 110% throughout, a fantastic performance not only by the players but also the crowd who acted like the 12th man. Am I a happy man at the moment? Too f#kin right I am.
Thank you Daggers for a great afternoon and a deserved win. Taylor out. 😜
rebeldagger

Absolutely brilliant!

The result today and last week shows the strength of the team's resolve. To come back from a goal down against a top of the table opposition is just epic, shows our strength and commitment. Every one of the players, and Taylor, should be proud of the turnaround they've done.

Come on you Daggers
daggersjeff

A sweet sweet result!! Excellent advert for the National league - a great game of exciting football!
The lads are playing with confidence boosted by the unbeaten run and have to agree, barring injuries,loan returns and the January transfer window, that we could be pushing for a play off place.
COYD!!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

We are on a wonderful run now it must be said. Today we soaked up the pressure magnificently I thought, the 5 man defence seem to have so much confidence in each other and bravery in the face of constant attacking. We rode our luck a bit with the goals but the forward line know that they only need one moment of quality to find the net and today it was Angelo and Alex on the edge of the box. I thought Balanta was magnificent today. He was the one who took on their defence with real confidence in the second half.

Great to see such a big crowd there today. Hope we can get similar on Saturday. Merry Christmas and up the daggers!!!!!!
Adrian

A great win, but an awful lot of luck.
With the way we were set up, a few of the really good Conference winners of the past would have taken us apart as we just couldn't and keep get the ball in midfield.

Orient really weren't all that for a team at the top. Very reliant on set pieces and didn't create much at all from open play.

Balanta is a class above. Some of his play was fantastic at times. Defence did a great job when under a lot of pressure. Wilkinson works pretty hard for someone who is lazy.

Officials weren't great again. Not sure how Ling got away with his dive, then Manny gets booked for a couple of fouls, which is followed by one of their players taking three attempts to fouls McQueen and he doesn't even get spoken to.
Dagdale

What a great advert for an end to end Step 1 game today and yet again our lads got well stuck in and what a fantastic achievement with this non losing run, the goals were just like Saturday terrifically taken, notice the first with Alex's back flick and retrieve to put it away to level and a brilliant smash on the right side from Nunny, what determination! Also the makings of a good side is how quickly we pull it back to our play when we do lose it, and bloody hell! we won on Boxing day at last.
NBDag

One of the most entertaining games I’ve seen in a long while. Glad so many extra daggers were over for that- surely some have got to return now...

As for the match I think everyone was class. My Motm was Balanta who looked like he had the ball glued to his feet. Wilkinson was also a constant menace, he just needs to get up off the ground quicker when they foul him. Show them you ain’t phased and they’ll think twice before doing it next!

Their goal looked inevitable and I really didn’t expect us to fight back. But it took some real backbone and character to do so. This really is my favourite Dagenham team in a long long time. I know I’ve been a critic of Taylor earlier in the season, but wow he is really doing amazingly for us. First win on Boxing Day and against Orient for what feels like an eternity. Now onto the next. YFD.
EssexDagger!

Brilliant result Daggers... but how horrendous was that referee, one of the worst I have seen over there AND that is saying something!! Where do the league find these incompetent fools ???
dagger4eva

Despite the 1400 Orient fans, there were almost 2300 home fans. That is seriously impressive.

I cant help but think the VASTLY improved social media communication helps to attract some of the floating supporters back over (and winning games of course)

How amazng would it next be to get another one over old Johnny Still. That would just about top off an almighty festive period!!
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:16 pm Despite the 1400 Orient fans, there were almost 2300 home fans. That is seriously impressive.

I cant help but think the VASTLY improved social media communication helps to attract some of the floating supporters back over (and winning games of course)

How amazng would it next be to get another one over old Johnny Still. That would just about top off an almighty festive period!!
There might have been 1400 in the Orient end but there were plenty of Orient support in the home end.
There was a pretty obvious wave of them leaving when Nunn scored.
Auntie Merge

dagger4eva wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:16 pm Despite the 1400 Orient fans, there were almost 2300 home fans. That is seriously impressive.

As we know, John Still’s teams never win over Xmas (when was the last time we won on boxing day), so i expect us to win 6-0 on saturday.
RM1Dagger

Agree on Balanta as stated.. He is a classy player who seems to have time on the ball. We had a bit of luck for sure but not bundles of it- for all their pressure they didn't create lots of clear cut chances and we were able to complete a bit of a smash and grab.
Now the SE27 Dagger