Most Enjoyable Home Match Since When?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Richie

It's obviously fresh in the memory, but was yesterday the most enjoyable home match ever?

Scunthorpe 3-3 comes to mind, but more as a novelty. I wasn't at any of the famous cup ties so not too many others spring to mind. What am I forgetting?

6-0 in the playoffs I missed too...
Dagger83

https://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-1688727

Best I can remember. Atmosphere was something else and a 5-0 win.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
DI Mike Dashwood

Yesterday was right up there. May seem over the top to say it about one game, but I LOVE beating them. They are so long of themselves, especially in this league, and you could sense on and off the pitch yesterday they thought they just needed to turn up to win.

OK we rode our luck a little, but the whole squad and management team were clearly up for it, and I like to see that. Those last 15 minutes (well 20 with the added time) were the most fun I have had a home game for years. My little girl has been coming with me to games for 2.5 seasons now and I was never sure if she got what was going on, and then when the winner went in and she was jumping up and down I knew she did!!!

We hadn't beat them for 8.5 years and our Boxing Day record was appalling until yesterday, which also made it all so much sweeter.

The Rotherham game was sweet, but that was about one man in many ways, I don't have a particular axe to grind with Rotherham. The Morecambe game was obviously superb but we knew we had a final to play still (well, and a second leg) so it felt a bit different.

I also don't know any Morecambe or Rotherham fans, whereas I know loads of Orient fans through cricket and work, so for a few days at least we have the bragging rights. Next week we may get the backlash, but don't worry about that for now!!

Let's hope Saturday is another special one. I hope John Still doesn't get any abuse (of anything other than a friendly nature) but I would love to beat them nearly as much as Orient.
NBDag

I think the last game that gave me this sort of feeling was the 5-0 against Rotherham. Unfortunately I couldn’t make the 3-3 against Scunthorpe.

Another really entertaining game, albeit much smaller in terms of importance, was last season’s 3-2 win against Chester. We we’re being robbed blind in that game and managed to turn it around in the last 5. The winner being an own goal, effectively sealing their relegation. Gave that a fair few fist pumps.