Still Out??

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Friendly Bee, is interesting what you say with the signings from us. I think all Daggers fans would agree Robson did great job for us. Cousins also generally did good job and was well liked, but due to Justham's form this season he has not been missed. Boucs really split opinion on here, with some really rating him and others not rating him at all (the views generally got more favourable in the last two years). Adams and Sparkes didn't feature loads for us, although the fact Sparkes stayed when everyone else was going probably indicates he was not the most sought after member of the squad??

I always liked Darren Currie on and off the pitch at our place, but the fact he was a great player for you is not any indication it will work out as a manager there (or anywhere else)?? Plenty of good players fail at management, and plenty of seemingly good managers fail at the clubs where they made their names as players, you just can't tell.

Timing wise I am p1%%ed off as there is a chance this will galvanise the Barnet squad ahead of tomorrow and I was looking forward to turning you over as we did Orient on Wednesday. I approach the game with a little bit more nervousness now!!
ARNU

Fickle lot aren’t we?
With next to sod all he hoofed us up into league 1 hoofed Luton up into league 2 and had similar success at other clubs too. Barnet look like they’ve got a mid table finish again that’s because they aint special. They probably don’t have to worry much about relegation like most seasons they do. Now he’s gone let’s see what happens to them. Careful what you wish for. What’s Burnett up to these days?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

Ha ha, it was you who nicknamed him Johnny Hoofball wasn't it Arnu??

Not having a little fish are we!?!?!?
Dagger83

Daggerman wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:37 pm With John Still you know what your going to get, his tactics are predictable and now outdated.
His tactics were always predictable but was very effective. I think there's still a place for those tactics in today's game but you need a plan B. Still never really had any other way of playing and I think that's his downfall. I have the utmost respect for him and what he achieved with us but wouldn't want him back here and if I were a Barnet fan, I'd have probably been calling for his head too.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
RampantDuke

Does the Head of Football get to sit on the bench? If not then the whole clapping or booing thing becomes irrelevant. I can't see him staying very long at Barnet in that role. Gone by the summer. Just a nice way to ease him out with nobody looking bad. Interesting thought that Stilly has resigned as soon as Martin Allen becomes available. Does Allen have something on Kleanthous? It's like he has a job for life!
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
DI Mike Dashwood

Quite a good piece here from the Beeb:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46701291
ARNU

DI Mike Dashwood wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:50 pm Ha ha, it was you who nicknamed him Johnny Hoofball wasn't it Arnu??

Not having a little fish are we!?!?!?
Don’t get me wrong we had some bad times under him too but by and large we’d rather have had him than not. Like all managers he’s a legend when he does well but a complete tosspot when we lose. Barnet keep taking on idiots then Martin Allen comes and saves them. Bit of a joke set up really innit ?They are 15th as we speak can’t see them going much further this season.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Friendly Bee

Interesting reading your comments.

I was disappointed when Martin Allen left in the summer and slightly underwhelmed with Still but a lot thought he had recently got Luton up and so assumed we would be challenging.

Still has just recruited some dreadful players and the football is dire.... Its one thing playing boring and winning but we have been boring and stuttering along.

I'm sure Currie is nothing more than a temporary fix.

Previously when Martin Allen has come in we are in a mess.... This time we won't go down so not sure the urgency is there to get him in.

But we are Barnet so I'm sure he will be appointed.

I'm just delighted Still has retired he has made an awful mess of the squad, just not sure what a new manager can do to make Adams any better!
Granddad

I really can't believe Friendly Bee thinks Cousins has been a disaster, as he was probably our best player last season. I also thought Danny Sparkes looked a good player and would probably be good enough to get into our current team. Craig Robson was good for us but lacked pace and is no-where near as good as Manny, Ben Goodliff, Colin Clark or a fit Luke Pennel. With regards to our recent form which has been amazing, it's now time we gave someone a good thrashing, and who better than Barnet, or better still Orient to send shudders to all the other promotion hopefuls.
RayleighDagger1986

Why didn't he just retire in the summer and become our Director of football. That would fit the image of being Mr Dagenham!!!
Mike the Dagger

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:09 pm Why didn't he just retire in the summer and become our Director of football. That would fit the image of being Mr Dagenham!!!
Apart from the he fact that in the summer we couldn't have afforded a director of traffic let alone a director of football, he is probably thinking exactly the same.
RayleighDagger1986

There was always the option of too g it for the live of the club. He's told us how many times " this is my club", so why not do it for nothing. When he returned from Luton he made it clear he wasn't in it for the money!
Diggerthedog

The game has certainly changed and these tactics are no longer required, the like of Pulis and Allardyce are finished.
Dagdale

Now he has been playing over half a season away from us and what he did for us and keeping an eye through the non league paper I don't really recall Mark Cousins 'having a Barnet mare' so really find that comment about MC hard to understand. If there's one player I'd love to shake hands with it would be MC, I don't miss many and the four years with us how many times did that guy pull out some terrific performances, never forget so many but the one that really sticks in my mind when Bristol Rovers finally beat a demoralized and relegated daggers last game of the season but not until after the 87th or so when to gain promotion they finally beat him and so packed was the day quite a few Rovers 'sneaked in' with us in our end and how I wished I'd have recorded their highly ranked comments on him, we lost a good keeper but how lucky we are that running alongside we have another great star in Elliot Justham. Agree highly on Craig Robson though, he was rock solid for us and definitely missed