This is worrying

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

A potential disaster for clubs like us I would guess....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289819
USADAGGER nick

I can see what you mean that it might be troubling, but it could also be a blessing in disguise. If we are in the same league as the Man City reserves, people would still come to see them, probably more than the average away gate
TommyD&R

Classic FA. Weve got the best league system in the world and now theyre trying to change it to be like spain.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

USADAGGER nick wrote:I can see what you mean that it might be troubling, but it could also be a blessing in disguise. If we are in the same league as the Man City reserves, people would still come to see them, probably more than the average away gate
Who the ****** would go and watch Man City reserves play away from home at Dagenham?
USADAGGER nick

Just trying to see the silver lining. (No matter how slim and unrealistic).

I would sell out all 6K seats when playing them in a friendly on FM13
ThatRoundThing

Disaster for clubs like us, will see the end of clubs like us progressing to League One or Yeovil to the Championship. Players will earn more at Wealthy or hugely in debt clubs in the Championship B sides than they can at League Two clubs so will swerve joining League Two.
If it is all to encourage home grown talent than start putting the top clubs in order with reducing the amount of foreign players on huge salaries and put an end to clubs with massive debt season after season. Of course Human Rights will spout their usual players right to ply their trade anywhere nonsense.
Many of us support a League Two club because that is the level at which our budget stretches to.
Playing against B sides will not necessarily mean playing at the huge stadiums, many top clubs have lower league clubs where they play their reserve game.
Personally, along with many others I enjoy my lengthy away day jollies so also would not be happy with regionalisation.
So my opinion on the proposals is a big fat NO!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Share your worries Mike but at the end of the day what the Premier League want the Premier League will get.

This Country has sold it sole to the Market and sadly the Game we gave the World will go the same way.

If this ever occurs I will turn my back on Football for good.
matt_drfc

USADAGGER nick wrote:I would sell out all 6K seats when playing them in a friendly on FM13
*MASSIVE FACEPALM*
USADAGGER nick

matt_drfc wrote:
USADAGGER nick wrote:I would sell out all 6K seats when playing them in a friendly on FM13
*MASSIVE FACEPALM*

LMAO. Better reaction than I was expecting
Hardy1

Let the so called big sides go away on a permanent european adventure and leave the rest of the clubs to carry on as normal.

I can see a day when football in this country fully splits. The FA will have the Premierleague, Premierleague 2 and 3 etc with A and B teams whereas the rest of the clubs continue in the football league. The split is already formed at some youth teams levels with the implementation of the EPPP. Category one clubs only like to play other category one clubs and good cat clubs. They may invite cat 3s in for a friendly now and again if they are lucky. The U18 and U21 leagues for elite clubs are already in operation whereas clubs like Daggers and Orient play less superior teams because they dont put as much money (cant afford to) into the youth system.

With the EPPP the elite clubs have more full time staff involved in youth which means they can have more players on their books. And there lies the problem because when they reach a certain age they dont want to release them as they have spent so long developing them but they have nowhere to play competitive football.

If this was to happen, games against these B teams would mean nothing to the B team players/coaches etc as it would just be seen as a competitive development match.

The only way to solve all this is to cancel our Sky Sports subscriptions so not as much money is available, but we are not going to do that are we...
Richie

I don't think it'd be all bad in terms of competitiveness, other than the big clubs how good would the B teams be? I certainly can't see the likes of West Ham B rocketing up the leagues. Look at who we've had on loan from them, a team of players like Abdulla, Wearen, Turgott are hardly going to romp the league.

I'm certainly not a fan of the regionalisation but if these b teams started low down then I don't have too much of an issue. Just a case of where they do start.
searmh

would destroy non league football, and surely a number of teams would go from league two to conference, also if b teams cant go up or down then how would the leagues be formed, teams in 4th or 5th may win league and team finishing 19th really finish bottom...seems a recipe for disaster, also would this really discourage prem teams from hoarding players and does not guarantee potential for more british players coming through, as surely a man city b team could field 11 foreign players
searmh

surely for the b teams to have any support they would have to play local to their parent club...how many man city fans would travel outside of local area to see them play
Mike the Dagger

I don't see this working unless they adopt something like the system they use in the US for Major League Baseball where a "Premier League" club has a number of "Minor League" teams affiliated to it as part of its organisation and players can be sent to play in the minor league teams to gain experience or get fit and brought back in when ready.

This works over there as there are a limited number of teams in the top tier, MLB, with no promotion or relegation, and given the geography, it isn't possible for fans in Hicksville to go watch the Yankees play so thay go watch the Hicksville Knobheads (you get my drift) instead a bit when they fancy a ball game, if the Yankees aren't on TV.

This suits the top clubs because no matter how rubbish they are they can't get relegated, there is a fixed number of seats at the top table where they can gorge themselves on TV money and Euromillions. This has to happen in case Manchester City plummet to League One level and end up alongside an affiliate of course - not that City, or Southampton, or any of those similar massive clubs could ever slip down that far in the current system of course.... oh!

So we become the Dagenham Gunners (or Spurs/Hammers etc) and we get to watch the not quite ready talent from Arsenal (Tottenham or West Ham) play for us every week, until they get good when they are gone - a bit like now really.

Of course the fly in this particular ointment is that you have to stop promotion and relegation, so what is the point of going to watch the Dagenham Gunners (Spurs/Hammers) when you know whatever happens, nothing will change. Oh and the top clubs don't really worry whether there affiliates do well or not, just whether they are nurturing the right talent for them.

Sounds ideal doesn't it :D

Mr Dyke... this isn't the part of the game that is broken, please don't try to fix it!
NickMurphy

It won't happen, the backlash would surely be huge if any change like this was put through.