This is worrying

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

TomMc wrote:
For what it's worth The Football Conference (a party that these changes would also directly affect) weren't consulted on any of this either.
Statement from the Conference is at http://www.footballconference.co.uk/new ... s_id=12411

What are the FA smoking?
mickeyblue

tbh im surprised its took this long 4 prem clubs to want this. whats wrong imo is the league being brought in. they should have to earn there right to play by starting at the bottom like a proper club.

as 4 the loan system pfffft
lol some of england squads have been on loan beckem defoe just from my 1 braincell!
but we finished 9th!
Dagdale

Forget me if I'm wrong but what I see the zest of it all about is especially as is what's well been documented by Greg Dyke previously, bringing in more 'home grown players' and trying to put a halt to the top two leagues being saturated with foreign import players, even buy hearing on the pod cast a view that foreign players being shelved down from 17 players to 12 in a squad. IMO bit late in the day FA!, as much as I like to see the odd classy foreign players gracing these shores it should never have been allowed to become us the English becoming a minority in our own top two Leagues. I remember very well top sides were only allowed a maximum four foreign nationals in a team playing in Europe, whether via European Cup, Cup Winners Cup or Fairs Cup! To me and many fans I know its been one complete f**k up!and really cant see it certainly ever improving our national side.
mickeyblue

Dagdale wrote:Forget me if I'm wrong but what I see the zest of it all about is especially as is what's well been documented by Greg Dyke previously, bringing in more 'home grown players' and trying to put a halt to the top two leagues being saturated with foreign import players, even buy hearing on the pod cast a view that foreign players being shelved down from 17 players to 12 in a squad. IMO bit late in the day FA!, as much as I like to see the odd classy foreign players gracing these shores it should never have been allowed to become us the English becoming a minority in our own top two Leagues. I remember very well top sides were only allowed a maximum four foreign nationals in a team playing in Europe, whether via European Cup, Cup Winners Cup or Fairs Cup! To me and many fans I know its been one complete f**k up!and really cant see it certainly ever improving our national side.
could say that about he whole of london?
but we finished 9th!
SUSSEX DAGGER

72 FL League Clubs all take 3 Players from the Premier League Clubs paid for by the Parent Clubs for a season.

Lots drawn as to who has first pick in a draft like they do in the NFL.

Once everybody has had their first pick you go round again and so on until each Team has a maximum of 3.

A simple system that may need tweeking.

216 Young Players get Competitive Football and also will add a bit of excitement during the close season when the draft is announced.

No need to change our League structure, a team like us may get a future Star and the Premier League Clubs get what they want. Everybody a winner or is that to simple.
Lcbdagger

Even if teams could potentially benefit from this in the long term, cutting foreign players would never get off the ground as the big teams would rebel after the third season of not making it out of their respective champions league groups. Never going to work while there are still millions to be made in big European competitions
Ilford Dagger

What I found astonishing is that Greg Dyke came up with his proposals without even bothering to consult the Conference clubs who will be directly affected by any proposed Div 3 with at least half the Clubs effectively pushed another layer down the system through no fault of their own. I would have thought that GD having been chairman of a lower League side (Brentford) would have had a bit more understanding of how it is for Lge 1&2 plus the Conference etc but he appears dazzled by the Premiership money & in reality couldn't give a monkey's for anything below the Championship.
I am sure GD genuinely believes in trying to better our structure etc plus England & English players but hasn't really thought it through.
dagger4eva

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27681085

ENGLISH Football League clubs going all the way over to PORTUGAL for it's AGM. Who is funding this shambolic disgrace????????

HANG THEM ALL NOW!!!!!! *

* sarcasm intended
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27681085

ENGLISH Football League clubs going all the way over to PORTUGAL for it's AGM. Who is funding this shambolic disgrace????????

HANG THEM ALL NOW!!!!!! *

* sarcasm intended
Let's be honest, you've missed sarcasm and just made yourself look like a dick.
dagger4eva

Oh wow, resorting to name calling hey. Good one big boy.

Let me correct that to 'ironic sarcasm' for you then!

Maybe you should drop Greg Clarke a line @ enquiries@football-league.co.uk and tell him how you think the league's money would be better spent holding their AGM in this country.

Im sure l could get them a good rate to hold it in the function suite at May & Bakers.