Loan Players

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

Who are the players in squad whose loans expire in Jan 19 and who are the ones we need to make sure we keep?
DaggerJoel11

- Alex McQueen's six-month contract ends today.
- Ben Goodliffe's loan from Wolves expires today.
- Will Wright's loan from Colchester expires on the 5th January.
- Conor Wilkinson's loan from Gillingham expires on the 7th January.
- Manny Onariase's loan from Rotherham expires on the 24th January.

McQueen's would be worth extending and he's unlikely to make the grade in the Football League so Dagenham is probably his cut-off point. Losing Goodliffe, Wilkinson and Onariase would have a huge impact, you only have to look at how poor we were when we had Munns and McQueen missing at the weekend to get an indication of how weak we'd be. We wouldn't have won half the games we have in recent weeks without that trio. Then, Will Wright, probably one of those we should allow to go back to Colchester. Robinson and Bellamy both better cover in midfield, Davey and Pennell both better cover in defence and we want to decrease the squad by a few bodies, so it would make sense to get rid.
Last edited by DaggerJoel11 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
NBDag

All aside from Wright are must haves for contract extensions. Goodliffe isn’t ready for the league yet so can see that happening. McQueen I can’t imagine having many other suitors that will be worth uprooting himself for. Wilkinson also looks pretty keen to stay but I don’t know what Gillingham will make of that. My biggest worry is Manny however.

Saying that, Taylor managed to convince these players to join when we were utter crap, maybe now we have something about us, getting an extension might be easier.
BB-Dagger

Bigger question is when does Mullings loan run out? It’s all very well trying to keep the better players but we have a lot of dross to offload, I’m happy to contribute to the dartford crossing cost on his way back to Maidstone.
Dagger83

BB-Dagger wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:01 am Bigger question is when does Mullings loan run out? It’s all very well trying to keep the better players but we have a lot of dross to offload, I’m happy to contribute to the dartford crossing cost on his way back to Maidstone.
Season long loan apparently.

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... -mullings/
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
RayleighDagger1986

Dagger83 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:05 am
BB-Dagger wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:01 am Bigger question is when does Mullings loan run out? It’s all very well trying to keep the better players but we have a lot of dross to offload, I’m happy to contribute to the dartford crossing cost on his way back to Maidstone.

That was/Is a terrible deal.
BB-Dagger

Dagger83 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:05 am

Oh joy of joys
ARNU

Bit harsh on mullings. Scores on his debut when the rest of the team were very shit and hasn’t been given any sort of chance. He made an impact against Barnet in the short time he played and also today. Messi wouldn’t have scored with mugs like Harfield ,Davy, McQueen and Wright not supplying him
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ARNU

( McQueen has improved)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DevonDagger

As long as the club wish to, I am convinced we will keep those mentioned players, perhaps with the exception of Manny.

He is very highly rated at Rotherham and has been loaned to us as he needed game time during which the loan window was closed in the EFL. I would not be surprised if they are considering giving him a try in a higher league should there be suitors - which to be honest I think he's capable of.

It feels harsh to say, but Wright I agree is probably surplus to requirements - if nothing else because we have too many other options whose contracts extend longer than his loan deal.

Make no mistake, Mullings hasn't been a success for us and if his loan had been up in January then I too probably wouldn't renew.
That said, as he's here to stay I wonder whether we should be more patient with Shamir - similar to how we have been with Tomi Adeloye who has also had his share of poor finishing. I feel a bit crazy saying it but I just wonder whether we may yet get something out of him.
Daggerman

Make no mistake, Mullings hasn't been a success for us and if his loan had been up in January then I too probably wouldn't renew.
That said, as he's here to stay I wonder whether we should be more patient with Shamir - similar to how we have been with Tomi Adeloye who has also had his share of poor finishing. I feel a bit crazy saying it but I just wonder whether we may yet get something out of him.
[/quote]

0800 9177650 call and talk through your issues
Diggerthedog

Wright has been played out of position during his loan spell, used in Midfield when he is a centre back. Depending on the loans of Manny and Goodliffe he could be an option.
Mark

Wright is too passive for me. He's a better centre back than midfielder but he still gets bullied. If we can't keep Goodliffe or Manny we need to find someone with the required physicality to replace them.
Alan

I don’t see him as a centre half or a midfielder at this level. Doesn’t read the game well enough or have the strength for either position and his passing is not great.
lupins

I am not sure if we have seen enough of him to be so negative but if it goes on Orient away then he had an excellent game holding up and keeping the ball.moving