2-3 after 41 minutes
Finally a bit of fight
BB-Dagger

3-3 on 45 minutes
Wish I hadn’t started this thread :grin:
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I need a lie down
Pondfield Dagger

When i saw the team sheet passed about in big hall before the game I thought hoyte dropped for Nunn was a mistake. Nunn awful against barnet subbed at half time. Hoyte solid at orient away, should have been starting today all day long..nunn made two horrendous errors for 2 goals today. Clark should be captain, been there and done it at ebsfleet. Hoyte brought on far too late, team looking fior equaliser you need tall players to deal with high ball barrage, munns should have been taken off earlier
Auntie Merge

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:16 pm I need a lie down

Me too. At least it took my mind off how cold it was today.

I'm not sure whether we scraped a draw or threw away a win though.

Bet no one got this in the prediction league. :grin:
EssexDagger!

I think Munns would of been brought off a little earlier if we had anybody on the bench who we could actually rely on, I wouldn’t fancy taking Munns off in such a tight game for the likes of Ollie Harfield.

Just proves we need an extra body brought in for midfield, as it showed in the defeat to Barnet when both Munns & McQueen were out injured & unavailable to us.
Mark

Got to say Nunny has been atrocious lately and I'd drop him now. Nice cross for Angelo though.

We started so slow again, Boreham were buzzing around, we never come out of the traps like that. Much like Barnet they found it very easy to overload against our wing backs who are left exposed.

Once again very weak in midfield and desperately need one or two back. Thought Munns was often doing it on his own in there.

Second half we were superb for a sustained period and this gave McQueen and Wright more space which they needed because they are not good when they are closed down quickly. Should have scored 2 or 3 but we didn't and then completely ran out of steam, could have lost it in the end.

Think Goodliffe and Gordon are the only ones at the back to come out with any credit. Good job we have good forwards (for now). I am kinda expecting Conor to get a transfer in this window.
Alan

Some shocking defending for a side filled with defenders.

At 0-3 I’d have snatched off your hand for a point, but that point now feels a bit crap.
ARNU

Hoyte is better than Nunn. I like Nunn but he was terrible today and has been pretty mediocre of late. I think Taylor just doesn’t like Hoyte. Hoyte is better than McQueen and Wright and Davey and Phipps and our worst player in years Harfield but Taylor picks these inexperienced lads all the time. What terrible substitutions today apart from Hoyte, any threat we had was taken off and we lost our lead.

I enjoyed the game but only one or two of these players willl feature in the team next season if we’re seriously going to contend.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

ARNU wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:47 pm Hoyte is better than Nunn. I like Nunn but he was terrible today and has been pretty mediocre of late. I think Taylor just doesn’t like Hoyte. Hoyte is better than McQueen and Wright and Davey and Phipps and our worst player in years Harfield but Taylor picks these inexperienced lads all the time. What terrible substitutions today apart from Hoyte, any threat we had was taken off and we lost our lead.

I enjoyed the game but only one or two of these players willl feature in the team next season if we’re seriously going to contend.
Hoyte featured in one game of the unbeaten run we had in the league. He isn't better than any of those players in the positions they've been playing.
He's a very average player, pretty much the right back equivalent of Joe Widdowson.
NBDag

It was entertaining at least! Really really baffled at how we came back from 3-0 down. We didn’t seem to have any fight until we only found ourselves 1 goal behind.

The first bad game Manny has had for us. Why did he try to dribble it up the pitch right before their third? Hoyte does have to start at right back next week too... It’s hard to criticise us over the past few months but Taylor’s substitutions really do baffle me. Why do we wait so long to make them? Wilkinson should have went off earlier, as should have Nunn.

I think when Phipps and Robinson are back we’ll have a really decent team again. Revert to 4 at the back and we won’t see what we saw in the first 35 today.
Keane Handley

My review of the year Part One with all the goings on from an eventful year month by month. From the brink of collapse to the appointment of Taylor:
http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/?m= ... unyZGGxUdY
RM1Dagger

Adrian wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:57 pm
ARNU wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:47 pm Hoyte is better than Nunn. I like Nunn but he was terrible today and has been pretty mediocre of late. I think Taylor just doesn’t like Hoyte. Hoyte is better than McQueen and Wright and Davey and Phipps and our worst player in years Harfield but Taylor picks these inexperienced lads all the time. What terrible substitutions today apart from Hoyte, any threat we had was taken off and we lost our lead.

Hoyte featured in one game of the unbeaten run we had in the league. He isn't better than any of those players in the positions they've been playing.
He's a very average player, pretty much the right back equivalent of Joe Widdowson.
This. Hoyte isn't in the team because he's not one of the better players. Period. He wouldn't get anywhere near Orient's team.

I do think he was solid against Os and there was a case for keeping him in today but this digging out of Nunn is harsh for me. Compete clanger for the second obviously but all defenders make mistakes now and then. And then he put in a great cross for the equaliser. A couple of games back he was the hero on Boxing Day and someone described him as 'atrocious' against Barnet - just not true.

I thought we defended well second half and their equaliser was pretty fortunate.

Great spirit today to fight back and more's the pity we couldn't hold out for the win, but I actually though we were going to lose it at the death!
Now the SE27 Dagger
RayleighDagger1986

EssexDagger! wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:27 pm I think Munns would of been brought off a little earlier if we had anybody on the bench who we could actually rely on, I wouldn’t fancy taking Munns off in such a tight game for the likes of Ollie Harfield.

Just proves we need an extra body brought in for midfield, as it showed in the defeat to Barnet when both Munns & McQueen were out injured & unavailable to us.
We had no first choice midfield against Barnet. Phipps, Robinson, Munns and McQueen were all out.