The Released Players Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Richie

Would have liked to see Obafemi get offered a new deal, but I suppose he was far more prominent in the first half of the season so there could be question marks.
matt_drfc

I like Obafemi, only 19 and shown more than some players we've seen. Worth at least another year, even if we send him on loan to a conference side and see how he progresses.
Lcbdagger

Would expect that conversations have been positive with Goldberg... squad looks thin with Dickson gone if he leaves too and Femi2 returns for pre-season not fit.

Not expecting us to get anywhere with Norris but then I thought Hines was pie in the sky.

Def need two keepers (if only for one to keep the other on his toes), but as others have said, Seabright didn't use the end of this season to convince many he is first choice next year... still waiting to see if what I heard about a Brentford keeper joining us comes off.
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:Would expect that conversations have been positive with Goldberg... squad looks thin with Dickson gone if he leaves too and Femi2 returns for pre-season not fit.

Not expecting us to get anywhere with Norris but then I thought Hines was pie in the sky.

Def need two keepers (if only for one to keep the other on his toes), but as others have said, Seabright didn't use the end of this season to convince many he is first choice next year... still waiting to see if what I heard about a Brentford keeper joining us comes off.
Are you 9men? Where did you hear the keeper rumour from mate?
TommyD&R

Lcbdagger wrote: still waiting to see if what I heard about a Brentford keeper joining us comes off.
Would be brilliant if it was button or lee, but its clearly bonham. My goalkeeping coach was bonhams coach at watford through the academy. Says hes technically good but hes a bit sensitive and prone to a mistake, as we saw at the league cup game earlier this season. Still think we should go for jake cole.
matt_drfc

TommyD&R wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote: still waiting to see if what I heard about a Brentford keeper joining us comes off.
Would be brilliant if it was button or lee, but its clearly bonham. My goalkeeping coach was bonhams coach at watford through the academy. Says hes technically good but hes a bit sensitive and prone to a mistake, as we saw at the league cup game earlier this season. Still think we should go for jake cole.
Apparently it's Liam O'brien lol
TommyD&R

matt_drfc wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:
I was waiting for you to disagree, didnt take long...same old
NickMurphy

Be very disappointed if Obafemi doesn't renew his deal, especially given the promise he's shown in his first season. As for Seabright, he can only get better, and with around 5 years age difference between him and Lewy, he will definitely improve. At the moment he shows similar signs to Lewy, great shot stopper but a little suspect when coming for the ball.

As for D'Ath, I'm not sure whether I'd sign him. Undoubtedly a very good player, but one that we might not need given the glut of midfielders. Still, if the budget allows it, I'm game.
matt_drfc

TommyD&R wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:Would be brilliant if it was button or lee, but its clearly bonham. My goalkeeping coach was bonhams coach at watford through the academy. Says hes technically good but hes a bit sensitive and prone to a mistake, as we saw at the league cup game earlier this season. Still think we should go for jake cole.
Not really disagreeing, when that's the rumour :lol:
matt_drfc

TommyD&R wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
TommyD&R wrote:Would be brilliant if it was button or lee, but its clearly bonham. My goalkeeping coach was bonhams coach at watford through the academy. Says hes technically good but hes a bit sensitive and prone to a mistake, as we saw at the league cup game earlier this season. Still think we should go for jake cole.
And where else have I disagreed with you? :?
TommyD&R

And where else have I disagreed with you? :?[/quote]

Well not so much disagreeing, but always feeling the need to correct people. Its not a problem, just something ive noticed lately. Moving on...
matt_drfc

TommyD&R wrote:And where else have I disagreed with you? :?
Well not so much disagreeing, but always feeling the need to correct people. Its not a problem, just something ive noticed lately. Moving on...[/quote]

Fair enough, but no point letting someone go on believing something if it's wrong? Nothing bad meant by it, apologies Tommy.
Mark

Don't fancy obrien or bonham tbh. Bonham seems to lack any bottle and obrien hasn't exactly been pulling up any trees.
matt_drfc

Mark wrote:Don't fancy obrien or bonham tbh. Bonham seems to lack any bottle and obrien hasn't exactly been pulling up any trees.
Same tbh, neither have got real experience either. Think we need a late 20's/early 30's keeper, and a youngster like Seabright to back him up and play cup games etc
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:Would expect that conversations have been positive with Goldberg... squad looks thin with Dickson gone if he leaves too and Femi2 returns for pre-season not fit.

Are you 9men? Where did you hear the keeper rumour from mate?
No inside knowledge as such Matt... Just the usual friend of a friend of a friend of one of the players. Before Lewington left they said he was off, Jordan would stay and a keeper from Brentford would be new number one. No idea who as their squad seems to have about 5. Only one to get excited about would be Button but can't see him in League two.