The Released Players Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

So what's the chances of us getting Young Miles on a Season long loan, just like we did with Shea a couple seasons back.

Before you all start screaming , he had a nightmare home debut last season but he is still at Spurs, so the kid must have something.

One thing is for certain Tottenham Hotspur must have had dozens of young Goalkeepers rock up there over the past three years yet they have stuck with him and given him a contract.

Thought provoking if you work on the assumption that Tottenham Hotspur don't give Professional contracts to Players who looked as poor as what he did.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:He got given a limited chance and didn't look great, but is young enough to develop.

I'm not surprised he's chosen to move on. With Lewington going, to not even be offered a contract is probably a bit of a kick in the teeth and not something that would make me feel particularly wanted.

How do you know he was not offered a contract? perhaps he was and was told he would be number 2 and still left.
See, what I did was I read the article about the retained list. What it did was split the players into 3 groups:
1) offered a contract
2) still in discussions
3) released

As he came in the second group, I'd take that to mean he wasn't offered anything, as otherwise he'd be have initially been listed as being offered something and being in talks.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:He got given a limited chance and didn't look great, but is young enough to develop.

I'm not surprised he's chosen to move on. With Lewington going, to not even be offered a contract is probably a bit of a kick in the teeth and not something that would make me feel particularly wanted.

How do you know he was not offered a contract? perhaps he was and was told he would be number 2 and still left.
See, what I did was I read the article about the retained list. What it did was split the players into 3 groups:
1) offered a contract
2) still in discussions
3) released

As he came in the second group, I'd take that to mean he wasn't offered anything, as otherwise he'd be have initially been listed as being offered something and being in talks.
I'm sure the discussion are about whats on offer in regards to contract and what part he would have played in the squad. Be silly to offer contracts to players from the off and then telling him he would be number two again making him on a contract and unhappy.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
I'm sure the discussion are about whats on offer in regards to contract and what part he would have played in the squad. Be silly to offer contracts to players from the off and then telling him he would be number two again making him on a contract and unhappy.
So to be clear, you've questioned why I know he hasn't been offered something, when it's pretty clear you don't know he was offered something?
He was clearly not in the list of players offered something. Seems pretty conclusive to me.
matt_drfc

Yeah he would have been in the 'offered contracts' group if he was.
OBD

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:So what's the chances of us getting Young Miles on a Season long loan, just like we did with Shea a couple seasons back.

Before you all start screaming , he had a nightmare home debut last season but he is still at Spurs, so the kid must have something.

One thing is for certain Tottenham Hotspur must have had dozens of young Goalkeepers rock up there over the past three years yet they have stuck with him and given him a contract.

Thought provoking if you work on the assumption that Tottenham Hotspur don't give Professional contracts to Players who looked as poor as what he did.
Miles went to Whitehawk last season, conceded goals for fun and then was dropped by them.

Whoever said Chris Weale, that is a great shout!
@OfficialBigDave
AVincelotFlyingLeap

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/artic ... 54900.aspx

Blackpool have enough to go round for most clubs in the League
Bluenose

Is that Caprice there, on the Blackpool list?
Dagger83

Ryan Hall has been released my MK Dons. Would anyone have him back?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Dagger83 wrote:Ryan Hall has been released my MK Dons. Would anyone have him back?
We'll do well to get Hall won't we? He's a fantastic player, was one of the best players I saw for a long time when he played down here for Southend
matt_drfc

Dagger83 wrote:Ryan Hall has been released my MK Dons. Would anyone have him back?
Probably would but only if he sorted his professionalism out. He's an absolute tosser but if he sorts himself out and plays well, I'm game!
Dagger83

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:
We'll do well to get Hall won't we? He's a fantastic player, was one of the best players I saw for a long time when he played down here for Southend
Not really worked out for him since he left Southend though. Probably will end up in League 2 somewhere.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Once again shopping in Waitrose when we only have Poundland money.

Would have thought McCloud also released by MK was more likely.
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Once again shopping in Waitrose when we only have Poundland money.

Would have thought McCloud also released by MK was more likely.
He's probably got plenty of money, played for Bromley for nothing earlier this season