Oxhead

Left Barnet by mutual consent- Sky sports news
EssexDagger!

New Maidstone manager? Possibly his 3rd job in just over a month if true,
Grimsweeper

he's retired?

Right?
daggerChris

Barnet have confirmed he has left the club.
NBDag

Seeing as he used to manage Maidstone with some success and they have a vacancy, I think it’s inevitable that he will go there now. He just can’t say no it seems.
Diggerthedog

So he left here in the summer saying he could not end his career like this, now joining relegation certs after being sacked. Life come at you fast, end it with a relegation John!
EssexDagger!

So much for 1 last job ... :eh:
DevonDagger

He's going to Maidstone to be head of football by the sound of it. Whatever that actually means!

Hakan Hayrettin who is currently Braintree's manager apparently also to join with him as coach/manager etc.
EssexDagger!

http://www.maidstoneunited.co.uk/2019/0 ... statement/

New head of football who is in charge of all player recruitment and team selection :eh:

Basically Manager then ?
hockley dagger

As Simmo once said to me "he's money mad". One question for Arnu. How do you play hoofball on a plastic pitch?
stanton101

Just no end to the mans greed, but hey ho let's build a monument for him outside our ground.
Absolute cobblers.
BB-Dagger

hockley dagger wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:37 pm As Simmo once said to me "he's money mad". One question for Arnu. How do you play hoofball on a plastic pitch?
He does appear to be obsessed doesn’t he? Perhaps Maidstone WILL be his last club, they have no doubt always been his club
Alan

Why shouldn’t he change job for more money? If of course that is what he is doing.

For those who think he’s a dinosaur and his methods no longer work, instead of moaning about how he left us, they should rejoice that he’s elsewhere.

What he has been very good at is making players feel part of something and for the most part, supporters too. His Daggers speeches to players and supporters were part of that methodology.

Sure, some will say that he left under a cloud to go to Luton and Barnet, but don’t forget that he achieved a hell of a lot at this club and is an important part of its history.
DI Mike Dashwood

People (or it is in my case) don't have anything against him or anyone going to work somewhere else, or for more money. As you rightly say, many people do in many industries (although not everyone is motivated by money).

However, why come out with all this last job nonsense, and then just 3.5 weeks ago "retiring from management". It is just a load of old tosh and I think he is becoming a bit of a joke figure which is a shame with all that he is achieved (which is a great deal).

Harry Redknapp once said "John Still could do my job" and it appears he was right in all aspects!!!
hockley dagger

Spot on Dashers