Aldershot

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Not our most urgent performance. Thought Loft did well but looked a bit leggy, needs to get a bit fitter, not sure what Nathan Smith offers that Liam Gordon doesn’t do better and I still find McQueen infuriating. I wouldn’t have taken Munns off. Aldershot were probably worth their point they seemed to want it more than us. 1-1 will do, great goal by Connor.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Adrian

A fairly poor game all round really.
Not sure how Manny got MOTM, he had a poor game.
We really missed the quality that Balanta brings.
Reynolds is so poor. Kicking his own foot going for a lob says it all really.
Loft was ok, did the sort of stuff you'd expect him to.

Special mention to another set of garbage officials. The treatment of Wilkinson that was allowed was ridiculous.
We got pulled back for even the slightest attempt to take a throw away from where t went off while Aldershot just took them wherever they wanted, including one in the other half.

The linesmans reaction to McQueens handball was pathetic. If he flags when it happens then it's just a free kick, but by waiting until McQueen has continued and then missed his shot, he effectively got him booked by making it.
NBDag

Absolute shambles of a ref. How Bernard didn’t get done for that headlock on Gordon is beyond me. Becoming a joke with these officials, yet some moan at how little they’re paid.

Thought we were pants at the start but grew into it massively. Great goal from us, Wilkinson is such a steal and it’s unbelievable how defenders still haven’t realised what he will do in these positions. Did Reynolds assist his goal? He hardly pulled up trees today but he’s slowly making steps in the right direction, I just think it might be too late for him. Also have to say I think Manny was the right choice for MOTM. Had an absolute brain fart in the second half but aside from that, he prevented a lot of chances. Never realised he had such pace about him!

They’re goal was a shambles, Mensah was always going to be their biggest threat yet we allowed him so much space when he was right in front of goal. Just not good enough.
Lcbdagger

Not dreadful but another one of those games showing talk of playoffs is daft... out thought often by a relegation threatened team when playing at home.

Great having Wilkinson back but with Banana missing it's incredible how much the team takes a hit up front... hard working or not, Reynolds and Kandi have zero goal threat between them

First time seeing behind the goal with the kids and even a six year old was asking where the red shirts when they scored... looked even worse from ten years away than it will do tomorrow on replay

No excuse for letting the lead slip against a super poor side
Mark

We barely strung two passes together and were fortunate to get a point. Aldershot are another side with loads of good play and no end product. At least we now have a forward who does something out of nothing.

I don't understand how so many good players can turn in such a disjointed and slow performance. Everything we did was ponderous and our tactics invited pressure from minute one in a 451 at home to a relegation threatened side.

At times in first half Manny was a one man resistance and thought he was largely excellent.

Nunny has been awful for weeks now and he should be left out captain or not. McQueen offered absolutely nothing but seems to play 90 minutes regardless.

Balanta is a huge miss and the trio of him Wilko and Munns seems to be key for us. Slightly worrying that even one of those missing seems to completely break our attacking threat.
stanton101

A frustrating afternoon all round really. I just wish we'd start off on the right foot instead of looking like a team that's just been strung together. Well taken goal by wilko, and manny as always was steady. 39 points, so onward and upward.
IanC

Thought we missed Gordon out wide,his pace and runs.We never seemed to have us much width or get round the sides like we normally do.We changed our system which is fine but I would have still had him at left back.
Didn’t think we needed to have both loft and robbo either,one of them would have done.Conor was good again and nearly won it for us with a couple of cracking efforts,but he/we missed his mate up top.And special mention to the shots fans,they never change.Always think their tough guys,what a load of clowns,was a jolly halftime in the bar!!
Auntie Merge

Mark wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:48 am We barely strung two passes together and were fortunate to get a point. Aldershot are another side with loads of good play and no end product. At least we now have a forward who does something out of nothing.

I don't understand how so many good players can turn in such a disjointed and slow performance. Everything we did was ponderous and our tactics invited pressure from minute one in a 451 at home to a relegation threatened side.

At times in first half Manny was a one man resistance and thought he was largely excellent.

Nunny has been awful for weeks now and he should be left out captain or not. McQueen offered absolutely nothing but seems to play 90 minutes regardless.

Balanta is a huge miss and the trio of him Wilko and Munns seems to be key for us. Slightly worrying that even one of those missing seems to completely break our attacking threat.
I’m pleased that someone else saw what I did.
We were poor, so were Aldershot and they wanted it more than we did.
Had we come away from the ground after losing2 or even 3 -1 I would not have been surprised.

We seem to lack ideas breaking teams down. The players have the skills - we’ve seen it in other games - yet at times they appeared clueless.

It’s a good job we had that little winning spell a few weeks ago, otherwise we would be in serious doggypoo.

I’ll mention this elsewhere but the ladies toilets in the Carling stand had been cleaned! (Still some issues but they were cleaner than they have been for many, many years!)
Clive

Send Tim Howard a message regarding the clean toilets he will sleep well tonight
Diggerthedog

It’s evidently clear and has been from the start of the season beyond our best team the rest are poor. Reynolds had a chance yesterday and blew it, been poor despite the preseason hype. 11 points needed for Safety, lose at Maidenhead next week and it could become squeaky bum time. Manny easily man of the match, two or 3 last ditch tackles/clearances towards the end kept us in it, you’d never thought we had wings backs with the amount of crosses coming in yesterday.

Gordon is a great outlet why on Earth was he dropped? We went on a great run pre Xmas with a slightly different team so why so many changes? The returning injured players have done little since they come back in.
RM1Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:44 am
Mark wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:48 am We barely strung two passes together and were fortunate to get a point. Aldershot are another side with loads of good play and no end product. At least we now have a forward who does something out of nothing.

It’s a good job we had that little winning spell a few weeks ago, otherwise we would be in serious doggypoo.
Mmm, so on the basis we went on that run and won games means we 're not near the bottom - football has always worked like that...
Now the SE27 Dagger
RM1Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:08 pm It’s evidently clear and has been from the start of the season beyond our best team the rest are poor. Reynolds had a chance yesterday and blew it, been poor despite the preseason hype. 11 points needed for Safety, lose at Maidenhead next week and it could become squeaky bum time. Manny easily man of the match, two or 3 last ditch tackles/clearances towards the end kept us in it, you’d never thought we had wings backs with the amount of crosses coming in yesterday.

Gordon is a great outlet why on Earth was he dropped? We went on a great run pre Xmas with a slightly different team so why so many changes? The returning injured players have done little since they come back in.
We are almost as close to the playoffs as we are to relegation - there's no chance of either, chill out...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Looking at how many teams are below us we should be safe but you never know and Saturday is a big game. The total to stay up will be more than usual looking at it now. Also the amount to win league will be fewer than normal, everyone beats everyone this season it seems.
RM1Dagger

Also Digger Braintree are down as good as, and Stones will do well to avoid. I think Chesterfield and Shots will survive but I don't think the other teams down there are good enough to climb the table significantly. I think we have a pretty strong team at the moment that should finish comfortable mid-table, although I do take the point of others that as soon as we have one or two missing then it shows more than it should.
Now the SE27 Dagger
SUSSEX DAGGER

11 points off playoff and already 10 dropped against three of the poorest teams you are likely to see. Mmmmmmm

Take half of those points and we could already start to build for next season let alone get a bit of excitement going for a late play off push.

Come August it will be the same tale of you got to give the team time to gel after all the loans have left and a new team is in place.

To my mind it will serve us well to start that process now ,then we can hit the ground running and not give those who are challenging with us a head start.