Aldershot

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Struggle to see how any side with Lemar Reynolds and Chike Kandi in their team could possibly even begin to dream about the play offs, you’d struggle to find half a footballing brain between them...

Also no coindience that when 1 of Balanta or Wilkinson are missing & either Kandi/Reynolds start instead , we look devoid of any real quality! See Salford away (no wilko) & yesterday vs Aldershot (no Balanta) ...

When both players start together, we can beat literally anybody in this division as it’s shown the past couple of months
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Just think sometimes the team selection isn't always clear - don't think Hoytey did much wrong whereas Nunn does seem to struggle positionally, and then on the left Gordon who's been our main outlet gets dropped so that Loft can play even after we kept a clean sheet with the 5-3-2 the week before. I'm not saying it's sack-worthy but sometimes it's not abundantly clear what we're trying to do. It looked as though we were playing 2 in centre mid to try to dominate the midfield but then up top Reynolds' role became lost especially during the first half so he struggled to get on the ball. I do think we will be there or thereabouts next season with a bit of trimming to the squad as previously said the first 12 or 13 is very good, but we are starting to lose focus in games sometimes and that costs us.
SUSSEX DAGGER

I am sorry AFVL but the clean sheet at Maidstone said more about the opposistion then us. How we never conceaded in minutes let alone 90 .

Our defensive play at Maidstone was at times simply dreadful and I for one saw the logic in the changes even tho they did not appear to help us beat what after all is a very poor team.
leewilson

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:43 pm Just think sometimes the team selection isn't always clear - don't think Hoytey did much wrong whereas Nunn does seem to struggle positionally, and then on the left Gordon who's been our main outlet gets dropped so that Loft can play even after we kept a clean sheet with the 5-3-2 the week before. I'm not saying it's sack-worthy but sometimes it's not abundantly clear what we're trying to do. It looked as though we were playing 2 in centre mid to try to dominate the midfield but then up top Reynolds' role became lost especially during the first half so he struggled to get on the ball. I do think we will be there or thereabouts next season with a bit of trimming to the squad as previously said the first 12 or 13 is very good, but we are starting to lose focus in games sometimes and that costs us.
This is my grievance with Taylor. His selections have been bizarre at times. He's played 5 at the back at times during the season when (in my opinion), the personnel we've had available to us at the time have better suited a 4 and two CMs to have 'control' of the game. Then yesterday was an occasion where with no Balanta, I felt we would be crying out for wing backs to get forward and overload, yet we ditched the 5, dropped Goodliffe and Gordan (who have both been in very good form) and went with the 4.

You'd like to think that if we clear out the deadwood and recruit well over the next 6-7 months, then next season could see us in with a shot of the title. However, I do doubt the manager's decision making at times which makes me worry if we would have the consistency to be genuine contenders. I know training is important but I do wonder if at times he places an 'over importance' on it and basis a lot of his decisions off that which can lead to some odd looking decisions to supporters on match day. I remember back in the day, Mark Arber would be the first to admit that he was a terrible trainer, but you knew what you would get on a Saturday. Just a hunch, but at the moment, I get the feeling that Mark Arber playing in this squad, aged 30ish, and going through the motions in training, wouldn't get a look in, despite the fact on a Saturday he would be incredibly consistent.