Likes on the Daggers Facebook Page

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HGDagger

Has anyone else noticed the ridiculous amounts of likes each post on the Daggers Facebook page have been getting recently from fake accounts?

https://m.facebook.com/OfficialDaggers

I hope the club aren't buying likes on Facebook to try to make it look like we have a much bigger support than we actually do, because this is the wrong way to go about things.
mickeyblue

500 or 600 likes?
Could easily be from real accounts. Ie I like something it pops up on my friends list so that's 2 people that could like it😁 and so on.
Whatever happens it gotta be better than bugger all like we have been doing
but we finished 9th!
Jackalope

Oddly enough they all seem to be attractive young women, who joined Facebook in the last 2 days and don't have any other friends or interests.

Look forward to seeing some of these new Daggers fans at the next home game :thumbu:
NBDag

Looks almost certainly as if we are doing this. The club’s Instagram is experiencing the same uplift. It’s not the most expensive thing ever from what I understand, but it’s not the best thing to do IMO. Most people using these media’s that they’ll be reaching out to will be switched on to this stuff.

However at least it shows we’re trying new things outside of half-arsed campaigns to bring new people in. A step in the right direction, at least.
DaggerJoel11

Interesting, definitely something going on here. The post announcing prices for the Maidenhead game got about 600 likes, almost five times than the post announcing the signing of Wilkinson. The same post ahead of Maidstone got only three likes so either there's loads of fake accounts liking our recent posts or we have loads of fans that are really buzzing for Maidenhead away. Just a month ago there were six or seven likes on every post.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Dagger83

Who cares?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
RampantDuke

If all of the young ladies who have 'liked' our stuff on Facebook actually came to the ground for Bromley at home I reckon we could market it to schools and get about 10,000 16-18 year old lads (or girls - don't say I am not PC) in no problem at all. The most difficult thing would be getting them to leave! ;-)
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
ARNU

Years of moaning the club do sod all , hows this a problem ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !