A long way to go...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

The Aldershot forum and particularly page 4 onwards from this thread suggests our club still has a way to go in terms of being run like a professional outfit, and a lot of the comments back up stuff being said by our own supporters after the game.

http://www.shotsweb.co.uk/phpbb/viewtop ... 6&start=45

Why on gods earth did we allow soft segregation in the 'away' bar - with Aldershot of all clubs.
Granted people have a responsibiity to behave themselves but this is/was just begging for trouble.

Further, for what looked like an increased steward/police presence in comparison to other games, they all have the appearance of being hopelessly organised?

Lastly, and its pissed me off that theres quite a bit of bragging about how many people were able to use their £15 terrace ticket to sit up on the A13 stand. How can that even be possible.. ill tell you how, because the dumb arse stewards are only concerned with getting paid to watch the match and getting a free burger. Heaven forbid they should have to do some bloody work eh!!
NBDag

Don’t really see soft segregation as a problem. Most other clubs in the league don’t seem to have a problem with it, at both our ground and theirs. Not even like the Shots are a big rivalry for us and needs segregation like Barnet and Orient! Probably says more about Aldershot fans than anything.

Stewards letting them into the seating though is a joke but really doesn’t surprise me. They have always been pretty pants.
Mark

Not sure if they realise it's normally their fans starting trouble with basically anyone. We've had lots of soft segregation without any trouble but Aldershot always seem to be the worst. I stopped going to their place many years ago as I won't give money to a club that allows away fans to be attacked as has happened on at least 3 occasions.
Diggerthedog

Tickets should be checked upon entrance to the seats so people are paying the right price, stupid league rules have been enforced to create this nonsense despite clubs like Barnet still not enforcing it. Home fans are probably taking advantage too, who wouldn't!

There was a group of 15 little Aldershot idiots about 18 years old intent on causing trouble, I noticed them as soon as they walked in clearly pissed they could have been dealt with there and then, they proceeded to walk in front of our fans with Wanker signs etc stewards did nothing.

The reaction from the stewards was non existent and all too late once they did intervene. The filming off our fans by the police with a video camera was way OTT. The police were trying to sop home fans getting to their cars at Pondfield park, thank fully I know the club police officer and he let me through with my 4 year old, long walk around otherwise.

This should have never been a soft segregation game and certainly not at a kids for a quid promotion.
RampantDuke

Yep - a bit naive by our club. Last year Aldershot fans tried to smash up the canopy that protects the players as they go down the tunnel and some of our lads couldn't even get off the pitch - and that was after they won 2-0! There has always been trouble at their place - if they can cause fights with our fans then they can start with anyone. I remember an FA Cup game down there when they started climbing the fence in their main stand to get into our end, I've been on a coach where they threw bricks and tried to get on it and I also remember their mob waiting for us as we left their ground through the park. I mentioned it to one of their directors once and he kind of shrugged it off. They remind me of Millwall in that way, can't control the problem element of their fans so just mask over it. Aldershot at home should always be policed in the same way that we would if Southend, Colchester or Orient come down.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
hockley dagger

I don't disagree with the league rule that means home and away pay the same walk up price. Let's be honest forcing away fans to pay £21 to attend a game at this level was a rip off. All of this just shows how nuts it is using that stand as an away area. I recall the reason given was because it has a bar and they wanted to sell away fans booze. Penny wise and pound foolish as usual.
Mike the Dagger

hockley dagger wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:21 pm I don't disagree with the league rule that means home and away pay the same walk up price. Let's be honest forcing away fans to pay £21 to attend a game at this level was a rip off. All of this just shows how nuts it is using that stand as an away area. I recall the reason given was because it has a bar and they wanted to sell away fans booze. Penny wise and pound foolish as usual.
It is about the configuarion of the gates and potential for segregation, not the bar. Our stewarding leaves a lot to be desired though.
Granddad

Next season let them stand behind the goal with no cover and hope it chucks down.
ARNU

Aldershot like Colchester Portsmouth and Southampton are garrison towns or at least associated heavily with the armed services. It’s not entirely improbable that there’s an element of that amongst their following. Surely they didn’t frighten our “top boys” who give it out every game like they’re in football factory lol! Anyone ever been out in Colchester on a Friday night, military police flying around all over the place.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
lupins

Mike the Dagger wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:35 pm It is about the configuarion of the gates and potential for segregation, not the bar. Our stewarding leaves a lot to be desired though.
The match before Aldershot I entered the ground via the home supporter gate and at the stand I was randomly identified as an away supporter and directed to the far end or terrace. Disappointing after plus 50 years of watching the Daggers I ignored it without being further challenged
At the Aldershot game we had away supporters sitting near us before they realised and moved
All of which suggests that somewhere from the turnstile to the Stand the stewarding trail goes cold
LondonDagger

ARNU wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:47 pm Aldershot like Colchester Portsmouth and Southampton are garrison towns or at least associated heavily with the armed services. It’s not entirely improbable that there’s an element of that amongst their following. Surely they didn’t frighten our “top boys” who give it out every game like they’re in football factory lol! Anyone ever been out in Colchester on a Friday night, military police flying around all over the place.
You Muppet.
Mike the Dagger

Granddad wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:35 pm Next season let them stand behind the goal with no cover and hope it chucks down.
I'd agree with that, however again gate configuration etc, is always the excuse not to. If home terrace fans were willing to walk round to the Bury Road gates to get in the Sieve round the back we could do this.
DaggerJoel11

Stewarding and segregation both need looking at, but to be fair if a group of supporters come looking for trouble, they're likely to get it whichever ground they're at in the National League.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
stanton101

Give them a few seats and bung the rest in the sieve and make it an all ticket match.
dagger4eva

Reading the Bromley forum (you need to register just to read) but it seems we STILL haven't learnt despite the shenanigans pointed out on this thread following the Aldershot game.

It's basic sh*t like this that still pisses me off about the way some things within the club are still run...

A couple of responses to someone who posted this "Took the £15 to stand option which I knew nothing about until I got to turnstile,........."

"Turned out you could sit or stand with no ticket check. Remember for next year."

"Also took the £15 standing option, but at half time as nobody seemed to care, sat down, wasn't checked at all."