Wrexham

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Just our luck! be prepared for new manager syndrome and each and every one of their players to play out of their skin against us on Saturday now...
IanC

How many ****** times do teams change managers before playing us,Jesus!!
We surely must hold any kind of record of this by a bleedin country mile.
ARNU

Don’t think it makes any difference. They’re 4th cos they’re quite good. As many new managers lose their first game as win.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Agree with Arnu... think we're clutching at straws a bit if a loss to Wrexham this season is put down to a change in Manager :tongue:
DaggerJoel11

I don't see why this is necessarily a bad thing.

Wrexham are on their third manager this season and have dropped off in form at just the time where the pressure starts to become potentially overwhelming. Their fans are disillusioned with how things are unfolding yet again and they've now appointed a manager who has never taken charge of a football team in his life. On top of this, just a couple of days ago Graham Barrow was giving an interview preview for Saturday's game, now he's gone all of a sudden so no doubt it was an unexpected shock, leaving the new boss Bryan Hughes - who already has his work cut out somewhat - with just a couple of days to implement his style of football and try and lift a group of players whose confidence must be waning week by week.

The league table is enough indication that they'll be tough opposition but surely there isn't a better time to play Wrexham than now.

Bring it on I say.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
leewilson

What a rubbish line up.

5 at the back, which is fine, but then our 3 central players all effectively do the same job. You don't need Will Wright if Loft is playing. They do the same job in midfield and Loft will do it better. Also, if you are insistent on playing 3 CMs, you surely play Phipps ahead of Wright. Similar age with the difference being, one is ours and the other isn't. Plus, Phipps has done far better when given a chance than Wright.

Oh, and Munns has been omitted entirely from the squad for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

This is why I struggle to get fully behind Peter Taylor. I don't have any faith in him to build consistency with a stable lineup. He seems to change his mind on players on a weekly basis.
IanC

Not so sure about the last paragraph,but the midfield!
I think they’re all the same,the wing backs are gonna have to put a shift in when we’re going forward.
That said we look set up not to lose and a point there would be great and that would justify is team selection.
EssexDagger!

Have to agree with the extremely negative midfield 3 who are essentially all carbon copies of each other, all are mainly known for there defensive/holding ability rather than craft or creativity.

What else do we expect though when our best player & leading scorer Wilko is forced to come off though injury at HT and is replaced with Kandi..
A front two of Reynolds and Kandi whilst Adeloye sits at home watching Gillette soccer Saturday.

Ps: did Taylor not say in yesterday’s pre match interview that if The Maidenhead game hadn’t been called off last week then he was still confident that Balanta would of passed a late fitness test to play? That was a week ago so where was he today?
Diggerthedog

Pint of Negative please.
NBDag

From the line up it seems like we didn’t turn up looking for a win, which makes it much harder to even get a draw. A strange decision as we have got quality and aren’t anywhere near considering ourselves safe from the drop. If Balanta isn’t fit and Adeloye doesn’t start next week, I will happily drive him to any club of his choosing. Wasting away for nothing.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well for71 minutes I thought that Wrexham looked one of the poorest teams I had seen this season.and lets face it we have seen some rubbish.

Then they scored and we fell apart and its a good job they never improved in the final third cos we could have gone down by 5 in the end.

Big loss not having Balanta , more bullshit from Cowans treatment room,exactly how many days are there in a Daggers week ?

Another big loss.was Munns,who in my opinion would have loved it out there this afternoon but the biggest blow was loseing
WILKINSON at Half Time as I was confident we were going to at least get a point out of this difficult game.

Sadly its time to be honest and call a duck a duck ,Reynolds and,Kandhi are never going to be good enough and despite,getting forward and into promising situations the whole Second half you knew those two would never score if they stayed there to next seasons game.

That is certain.to take place because Wrexham are going nowhere on that showing.
Last edited by SUSSEX DAGGER on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Been very unimpressed with Wrexham this season and the fact they're near the top speaks volumes.

Missing 3 of your best players would hurt any club at this level so I'm not surprised to lose the game. We best hope they're all back soon tho or we'll get pulled back into a scrap.
Auntie Merge

i can only comment on team selection.

But it looks like we went there for a draw and got stung.

I am worried about our league position. We might be 14th but only 6 points off the relegation zone, with us to play at least 4 teams below us.

Unless we start winning convincingly, it could be squeaky bum time come April. I hope I’m
wrong on this; and I will still believe we will win every game 6-0.
SUSSEX DAGGER

After watching our second half display this afternoon I share your fears Auntie.

We simply had no goal threat from our front men .

We need four wins and we aint going to get them with what we had up top second half this afternoon