Solihull Moors

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Im sure I could find something if I looked hard enough but does anyone on here know if should the unthinkable occur & Solihull earn promotion to the Football League (currently 2 points clear) - whether a) they want to go up and b) if they actually can, given their ground is a total hovel with about 200 seats.

Quite amazing how they have gone from whipping boys to their current position, just shows anything is achievable in this sub-standard quality divison.
HGDagger

They've got a local man and a premier league winner in Tim Flowers as their manager. There's a real community feeling there and a real belief because they're the underdogs.
BarkingRambo

Solihull coming to visit the last game of the season. Looks like the title is going to go down to the last game at this rate so it could be us that helps decide where the title goes.
Bluenose

They have about three very nice and very well-used bars and a what looks to be decent business model. In fact we could learn a lot from them. (Full disclosure: I was born at Solihull Hospital which is about a mile down the road)
EssexDagger!

Full credit to Tim Flowers, I’d be surprised if Solihull are are not in the bottom 4 of this league in a “Financial Budget table”.....

I could very well be wrong though!

Just shows what a good manager can achieve over a bottomless budget.
NBDag

Didn’t Solihull Moors get a new wealthy benefactor around the time that we were up shit creek and looking for a buyer? Don’t think they’re now operating on as small a budget as they were last year.

I do kind of hope they go up, if it stops Orient or Salford. However if they do I will be a bit disappointed as it will make a mockery of every other team in the league that should be achieving so much more. Would also be worried that going up could be the end of them, as one would think that they will need a big investment to bring their ground up to scratch. Then given the fact that their attendances still haven’t really increased, they could suddenly turn into a massive money pit for their owners.

Will just have to wait and see I guess. But good luck to them, anything is better than Orient and those soulless northern shites.
Grimsweeper

id rather orient were out of the way for next season.

Especially with the prospect of Notts county coming down.

i want a nice easy path towards conference league triumph next season.
daggersjeff

Grimsweeper wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:07 am

Especially with the prospect of Notts county coming down.
..... currently with a striker Craig Mackail-Smith :grin: :grin: :grin: