Roadworks Rainham Road South

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I heard the announcement today (thanks Mike) and found this in the Barking and Dagenham Post.
https://www.barkinganddagenhampost.co.u ... -1-5876672

Please can someone who lives in the immediate area update this post with progress and road closures, parking restrictions etc?

I’m pinning this as the information is beneficial for home and away supporters.
RayleighDagger1986

Excellent idea Merge.
In addition to he roadworks along Rainham Road South, the A13 between Tilbury and Stanford Le Hope will be closed weekends over the coming months for road widening works. I rely on this route when coming down to Dagenham by car as the Abellio Rail Operator has shut down services between Southend and Shenfield at weekends for engineering works. Now as you state Merge, the announcement yesterday puts my journey into more chaos for those games in March n April!
Alternatively a bus of 50mins from Rayleigh to Basildon and then c2c down to Upminster is about the best route open to me.... .
daggersjeff

Is there a start date for these works yet, do we know?
Chigwellian

If the Ardleigh Green roadworks are anything to go by ... expect completion in 2023
hockley dagger

Have these works started yet - does anyone know? Is parking in Rainham Road likely to be impacted on Saturday?
Diggerthedog

Now in place, was backing up to Bull roundabout yesterday lunchtime. I will be avoiding this until complete.
Auntie Merge

Can someone please update on the situation, whether these have now finished or are still on going?

Many thanks.
Daggernewbie

Update still major roadworks at the Eastbrook so if driving or using public transport to the game give yourself plenty of time also there are parking restrictions in place.
Auntie Merge

I drove by today. Roadworks are currently at the Eastbrook traffic lights, with one way alternating lanes going through them on Rainham Road. This is causing long queues at the traffic lights in both directions.

Parking around Victoria Road seems pretty much back to normal.
Auntie Merge

All completed.