PETER TAYLOR

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Keane Handley

Why I feel we should fully support Peter Taylor despite some questionable team selections:
READ BELOW ⬇️
http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/?m=1
Granddad

That article is the best thing I have ever read on this forum. Well done to whoever wrote it.
Oxhead

Yes spot on.His team selections are puzzling at times but we are currently stuck with 4 or 5 very average players. Once we are safe I’m sure he will build a side to challenge next season and his high profile will be great for us going forward.
DagenhamDan

Keane this is awesome. Already a brilliant writer!;
Keane Handley

Thanks for all the comments 🔴🔵🔴🔵🔴🔵
redboy

Well written piece, however...

Apart from some strange team selections my main concern is his ambition, drive and motivation. I’m not doubting his knowledge and experience but there are too many managers around who go from club to club, do an average job but never achieve much.
lupins

redboy wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:22 pm Well written piece, however...

Apart from some strange team selections my main concern is his ambition, drive and motivation. I’m not doubting his knowledge and experience but there are too many managers around who go from club to club, do an average job but never achieve much.
You can hardly be concerned about those 3 things when a man who has managed at a high level takes a job with us for a pittance. It was hardly ever likely to enhance either his CV or his pension plan. If you listen to early interviews he took it for the challenge and to work with players and also for a genuine fondness for the Club.
You might question selections but your other concerns seem groundless to me
dagger4eva

If anyone has the time, listen to the managers latest interview on YouTube - he is directly asked about fans questioning the decision to substitute Munns. Thought answered the question and dealt with the position of fans being entitled to their views/opinions very well. Fair play indeed!
DevonDagger

dagger4eva wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:19 pm If anyone has the time, listen to the managers latest interview on YouTube - he is directly asked about fans questioning the decision to substitute Munns. Thought answered the question and dealt with the position of fans being entitled to their views/opinions very well. Fair play indeed!
Agree, but for someone so relaxed and accepting of ranging views and opinions, I'm not sure where this leaves the sarcastic clap?

It could be simply an effort to keep us all on the same side, which when we're in a bit of a crap isn't a bad idea...
stanton101

People would appreciate it more if he just came out and said, I got it wrong.
Instead of the usual drivel.
Alan

You think so. I’d also have left Munns on.

He would of course argue that after he took Munns off we still won a penalty and created enough chances to have scored twice, which would be true, and so stands by his decisions.