Your line-up v Sutton?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Sagres

Great win & massive 3 points, will be glad when Balanta is back from injury.
Adrian

NBDag wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:41 pm
Alan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:34 pm
Same game as you. Because you dont dispute that he didn’t win anything in the air and saw him miss a sitter. Point I’m making is if Mullings had missed that sitter and win nothing in the air, he’d be getting a dogs abuse.

The ref was a joke. 4 times he pulled play back to give us a foul when we had the ball, most notably when Adeloye was through on the keeper.
He wasn’t prolific in the air but no one ever is at this level. Either way the difference between a Mullins and Reynolds is that they both got countless chances whilst producing next to nothing. Adeloye has been frozen out, came back in today and did much better than either of them. Isn’t quite the answer to our worries with Balanta injured, but has showed that he is a lot closer to the solution that the others. But I guess some people just want an excuse to moan don’t they.
Mullings got 3 starts and 4 sub appearance, getting one goal.
Adeloye played more than twice as much and has 2 goals.

Mullings was written off before he played and given ridiculous treatment by some of our support.
Adeloye hasn't delivered any more by that gets ignored.
RM1Dagger

Great deserved win. I thought Adeloye did okay. I don't think he missed any presentable chances. Some decent link up play with Wilko and good work rate. I do suspect he cannot finish a fish supper but he's out best bet without Balanta.

Thought we started slowly and expected Sutton to score but they've been struggling for goals and we could see why. PT must of given them a rocket at HT.

Hopefully the pessimistic bunch on here will stop going on about relegation. Never going to dragged into it. The bottom two are down and there are plenty of other poorer sides below us who will remain there.
Now the SE27 Dagger
RM1Dagger

stanton101 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:15 am You just know Loft will play, Hoyte won't get anywhere near the bench and either Kandi or the other non scorer Reynolds I'll be up top, just to make wilko's job that much tougher.
Balanta meanwhile I'll probably be on an Xbox or a PS4 somewhere.
It'll be a lovely day for football, we'll get beat, and Taylor I'll come out with the same old shite like "We've been working hard in training," We didn't play how we know we can" and We just lack that bit of quality.
The crowd I'll be around 1400. And everyone I'll have the hump, barring those from Sutton who'll be singing "you're shit and you know you are"
The ref will be a disgrace as per and the gap to the bottom four I'll look even closer.
You okay hun?
Now the SE27 Dagger
NBDag

May not have had a better record if your appearances fact is correct, but he has always shown himself to be more of a threat. No one has said he’s a top quality scorer for this level that is guaranteed goals, he’s just better than the others we had that deserved a shot when the others were playing shit. That’s why everyone has got annoyed when Taylor was sticking with Mullings and Reynolds.

Fair enough if you honestly believe Mullings and Reynolds are just as good/better than Adeloye. But I think you’re very wrong.
lupins

Adeloye did well today that doesn't make him Alan Shearer but he did enough to warrant further game time if Balanta isn't over hamstring
I thought Loft put in a good shift today didn't always get it right but never hid and did prodigious amount of covering
Diggerthedog

Great team win, Sutton offered very little for a team around the play offs except diving, moaning and Hoof. Adeloye offered us something very different, a ball over the top or in the channel which led to him holding the ball up well to bring Gordon into play several times. Great header from Conor how he managed to get that in from such an angle is brilliant, loves a celebration in front of the opposition fans.

Still think we have issues in the middle as at times Sutton had far too much time on the ball when they switched quickly but thank god they just hoofed it the majority of the time, surprised for a team with a 3G pitch they might as well play on concrete.

If teams like Sutton and Gateshead can be in or around the play offs next season we should really be pushing for the same.
RM1Dagger

lupins wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:53 pm Adeloye did well today that doesn't make him Alan Shearer but he did enough to warrant further game time if Balanta isn't over hamstring
I thought Loft put in a good shift today didn't always get it right but never hid and did prodigious amount of covering
Yeah I thought Loft had a mixed day. One decent charge in the first half which set up a chance but like you said not everything came off.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Alan

Point is Adeloye has missed lots of chances this season and isn’t great in the air - others are criticised for that. That was the original point I was making.

He hasn’t been a goal threat all season. He’s featured in 18 league games, scoring twice, once in the 2-1 defeat against Halifax on 18 August and once in the 2-0 win at Dover on 30 October.

Wilkinson’s finish was superb. I don’t know what it is with the celebrating in front of opposition fans - I’d rather he celebrated with his own supporters than risk getting booked.
Adrian

NBDag wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:41 pm May not have had a better record if your appearances fact is correct, but he has always shown himself to be more of a threat. No one has said he’s a top quality scorer for this level that is guaranteed goals, he’s just better than the others we had that deserved a shot when the others were playing shit. That’s why everyone has got annoyed when Taylor was sticking with Mullings and Reynolds.

Fair enough if you honestly believe Mullings and Reynolds are just as good/better than Adeloye. But I think you’re very wrong.
But Taylor didn't stick with Mullings did he. He started 3 games and made 4 sub appearances.
Adeloye stayed 3 times more games, and had one goal more. Adeloye has had much more of a chance and not achieved more. I'd reckon hes missed a lot more good chances as well.

He's a different player, but that doesn't mean that a lot of the criticism aimed at Mullings was in any way justified.

Why does one get dug out while someone with a similar record isn't?

I haven't made any direct comparison of the players you mention, so not sure what your last paragraph is about.
Chigwellian

In my view, adeloye had a good game today with his link up play causing problems for the Sutton defence.

Adeloye's effort far outweighs Mullins. That is why the fans prefer him.
leewilson

In an ideal world, a team challenging at the right end in this league would not have Adeloye, Mullings, Kandi or Reynolds anywhere near the matchday squad. They all have big flaws in their games. They all have different strengths.

I must say that from what I've seen of all 4, Mullings offers the least and I'm very surprised he got a move to League 2. He's poor in the air, offers little on the deck and doesn't make runs in behind. Perhaps he has some other hidden talent but he certainly wasn't for us.

Reynolds has something but through lack of confidence/intelligence/something, he doesn't produce often enough.

Kandi for me is the one who very luckily escapes criticism. He offers very little other than legs. 1v1, he's terrible at taking on a defender.

Adeloye at least isn't afraid to drive with the ball at his feet or make runs in behind. Today, he picked up the ball and ran at the two CBs before turning onto his left foot and having a decent shot blocked. Away at Hartlepool, his driving with the ball at feet set up Robinson for the winning goal. He was just starting to hit a bit of form actually and then we bought Wilkinson and he was eased out. I can't complain at Wilkinson starting over him but to omit him from the squad altogether over Kandi/Reynolds was just stupid in my opinion.

Whilst we're on the subject of the bench, I still can't claim to be overly happy with the way Taylor picks it. We didn't need the bench today but if we're ever chasing a game, there's very little there. You do not need all 3 of Smith, Harfield and Wright when you're already starting with a back 5. Although I'm not a fan of Reynolds, it was another strange decision to completely omit him from the squad today, especially since he was publicly praised in midweek.
Alan

I’ve never seen any need for Wright to be in a match day squad!
CharlieC

Barring the first 20 minutes or so, one of the best performances of the season. Limited Sutton to minimal chances, and played some lovely football at times.

Regarding Adeloye, yes he is not the best finisher, but now we have Wilkinson, the onus is not on him as much to be our main goalscorer. He’s clearly got more about him than Reynolds and Kandi, and the way he ran the channels and his workrate yesterday gave us a boost.

Loft is a strange one. You can see that he is very composed on the ball and has an eye for pass too. But, at times he looked lethargic and was caught out in possession.

Anyway, on to Harrogate. Please PT keep the same team as today, with perhaps the exception of Balanta for Adeloye if Angelo is fit to play.
Sagres

CharlieC wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:06 am Anyway, on to Harrogate. Please PT keep the same team as today, with perhaps the exception of Balanta for Adeloye if Angelo is fit to play.
Play the same team next week, would not risk Balanta on the 4G surface.