Bromley Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

That’s the first time EVER I’ve seen an indirect free kick inside the box in a live game. Worth the entry fee alone.

Also we were brilliant and Jack Munns is the new Beckham
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:20 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:25 pm Very positive team selection followed a by very positive result, funny that.
In other words, our best footballer was back from injury and made a massive difference. funny that.

Really enjoyed the game, great result.
And Jack Munns who had two assists but was not even worthy of the bench at Maidenhead.
NickMurphy

Bromley were all kinds of awful. But it was still a professional job from us, and nice to see the team playing on the front foot. It's the way we should've played at Maidenhead the other night, when Taylor appeared to set up to try and take a point rather than get all three - regardless of how the game panned out.

Even at this stage, we have a team - and a striker - who are wouldn't look out of place in the top-half of the table, at the very least. So seeing how effective we can be, like yesterday afternoon, makes it more frustrating when we don't do that on the road against the division's lesser teams. When we have done it, it's borne fruit.

No complains yesterday, though. All excellent. Another lovely finish from Wilkinson, Kandi looking good with confidence and a cracking midfield display from Munns. Not to mention that lovely take out from the back and assist from Liam Gordon and Justham's terrific reflex save.

Even the ref had a decent game. Job well done.
DaggerJoel11

Clinical, composed, classy and, above all else, thoroughly enjoyable. Here's my match report from a faultless home display where we showed our quality in dominant fashion: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -bromley-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
dagger4eva

Thought that was a thoroughly fabulous all round performance from every single team member.

The only thing that gave me any cause was concern was at half time where we only went in 2 up and it should've been 4 or 5.

Having Balanta back was clearly huge and the prospect of having them both together for the whole of next season - along with a hopefully improved squad should really excite everyone.

I don't know how he does it too but Wilkinson amazes me. He gets targeted game after game after game but deals with it in a fantastic manner - gets up, dusts himself down and battles back on. A stand out MOTM award !!

Pleasing to almost have safety assured and unfortunately playoffs will be just too big a hurdle to reach so the squad will have little more than their futures at the club to be playing for.

Disappointing crowd of just over 1000 home supporters. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising at this stage of the season and with little to play for, but its just typical that such a small number of people only got to witness one of the better performances of the season!

Oh and their number 7 (big lump on loan from Charlton) was a quite disgusting individual. Hope never to see that piece of s**t 'play' ever again!
Dagger83

I do wonder what Wilkinson did at his previous clubs to warrant his reputation. I've only seen the one game so I'm far from an expert but all the discussion on him and from what I saw in that one game suggests he's a class above. Let's hope we can keep him for next season as there must be some clubs sniffing.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Mike the Dagger

The first goal Saturday, did Balanta get the last touch or was it an OG by their number 15?

Wasn't sure Saturday, now seen the highlights, still not sure.
len

Wilkinson is on contract till the end of next season so hopefully will be here.
BB-Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:33 pm The first goal Saturday, did Balanta get the last touch or was it an OG by their number 15?

Wasn't sure Saturday, now seen the highlights, still not sure.
That was 100% definitely a Balanta goal, he caught it just right! (Anyway prediction league has counted it as his 😜)
Keane Handley

SUPERB!
My report from Saturday’s well deserved victory as Dagenham dominated. It will sure make for happy reading! COYD🔵🔴🔵🔴
⬇️
http://www.diggerdaggermatchday.com/?m=1
Alan

Definitely gets final touch off their 15