Havant & Waterlooville

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RM1Dagger

Alan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 pm Once again on this forum we go from over reaction after a win to overreaction after a defeat.

Shall we wait to see if there is a reason for the changes first? Eg flu going through squad? Injuries?
This
Now the SE27 Dagger
RM1Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:07 pm
Alan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 pm Once again on this forum we go from over reaction after a win to overreaction after a defeat.

Shall we wait to see if there is a reason for the changes first? Eg flu going through squad? Injuries?

We played well Saturday so why all the changes yes Wilkinson out injured but it should not have been as bad as what I’ve just witnessed. We got away with it at Maidenhead but not tonight.

If we have ambitions to win this league you need to look at different options in the managers position. You cannot go to the likes of our last two away games for a point. Thanks but no thanks.
Tin foil hat on?

Let's put our trust in the guy who got Wilkinson to our club which has ultimately secured comfortably our league status.

We would have all taken that a few weeks ago. Yes poor result obviously tonight but we have no right to think we beat other teams easily. Braintree won 3-0 at Sutton tonight, they did the double on Salford but are rock bottom. Wrexham lost 3- 1 at home to Barrow. The NL is littered with these types of results- teams on their day are often closely matched. Maidstone and Aldershot are two of the bigger clubs in the division and both going down.

Let's be grateful to where we are and think where we could have been and look forward to next season
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Let me guess you were absent at Maidenhead and tonight? All the changes are needless and Saturday proved that, was no reason to drop Munns looked fine in the warm up and when he came on.

Let’s be grateful is the the exact same attitude that oversaw two relegations. If you don’t show ambition you get nowhere.

There is a reason Taylor turned up to manage us it’s because he was not wanted elsewhere, time to say thanks and show him the door.
ARNU

Just had a call from the boy who went tonight. “We were shit dad !!”. So he’s a happy bunny. But to be honest we know we nearly didn’t have a team this season, we expected whatever we had to go down and it was all doom and gloom.

But we are 3 points short of the magical 50, we got a handful of decent players and new owners who look like they have good intentions. I haven’t heard anyone mention Glynn shitecars hopkin for 6 months and it looks like we might give it a good go next season. To be fair to Taylor his goal was finish 20th wasn’t it ?
Not much fun if you’ve braved the weather and the journey tonight but did anyone really have this game down as a nailed on win for us ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 pm Let me guess you were absent at Maidenhead and tonight? All the changes are needless and Saturday proved that, was no reason to drop Munns looked fine in the warm up and when he came on.

Let’s be grateful is the the exact same attitude that oversaw two relegations. If you don’t show ambition you get nowhere.

There is a reason Taylor turned up to manage us it’s because he was not wanted elsewhere, time to say thanks and show him the door.
I hope you weren't in Maidenhead tonight either ;)

I go to very home game and some away.

It's not about lack of ambition it's about being realistic and we nearly didn't have a club a few months ago so yes we should be very grateful.

You're part of the small minority who told us PT didn't know what he was doing when he sold Romain but he told us all that with the players he was bringing in Romain wou;dn't get near the team... Elliot who? Wilkinson anyone?

I don't think PT was ever going to a long term appointment but he's been a perfect fit for what we require right now and that's been proven.
Now the SE27 Dagger
stanton101

To be honest I'll be pleased when the seasons finished. We should barring a calamity stay up and that is all we could have hoped for at the start of the season. Will Peter Taylor be here next season is anyone's guess, for me personally I hope he isn't, but would thank him nonetheless for his efforts this season and wish him well.
Yes, we were shit tonight and got what we deserved, but we'll still be in this league next season and that in itself is quite an achievement, all things considered.
Alan

I think everyone is missing the bigger picture: our defeat last night means that Barnet are only 3 points above the relegation zone. A tactical defeat, genius.

Just 634 home supporters at Barnet as well.
Diggerthedog

RM1Dagger wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:05 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:19 pm Let me guess you were absent at Maidenhead and tonight? All the changes are needless and Saturday proved that, was no reason to drop Munns looked fine in the warm up and when he came on.

I hope you weren't in Maidenhead tonight either ;)

I go to very home game and some away.

It's not about lack of ambition it's about being realistic and we nearly didn't have a club a few months ago so yes we should be very grateful.

You're part of the small minority who told us PT didn't know what he was doing when he sold Romain but he told us all that with the players he was bringing in Romain wou;dn't get near the team... Elliot who? Wilkinson anyone?

I don't think PT was ever going to a long term appointment but he's been a perfect fit for what we require right now and that's been proven.
I was not questioning your commitment at attending games, just pointing out it’s easy to say things when you don’t witness what some of us have the last 2 away games.

Taylor now has the ammunition to go to games like that and attack it, instead we set up for a point. You won’t win a title with such negativity.
Mike the Dagger

I appreciate it was another Stilly cliche, but it is probably time to wheel out his "never too high, never too low" quote here.

Saturday we won 3-0 at home, and suddenly we are worldbeaters. Last night we lose 3-0 away and today the B&D Post headline is "Daggers endure disastrous defeat at Havant". Disappointing, definitely, but "disastrous"? Really??

We have come from nothing this season, certain to go down, and are now a win or two away from safety. We have a few quality players, and a few that are making up the numbers. When Wilko or Balanta aren't playing we look a totally different side to when they both are.

So, deep breath everyone, calm down. It was only a football match, and its dragged Barnet deeper into the mire as mentioned above.
dagger4eva

Hard to comment too much without (thankfully) not being at the game, but given the players have a very nice rest period now I would be ultra disappointed if any of the other changes made were things other than injury (such as Wilkinson) - given the truly fantastic, attacking display we put in against Bromley.

To go from such a great, convincing performance & result to the exact reverse (and against a much lesser side) really does baffle.

That said, we are as good as safe and playoffs were not really achievable prior to the game last night so nothing in terms of the bigger picture has really changed.
Diggerthedog

Mike the Dagger wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:45 am I appreciate it was another Stilly cliche, but it is probably time to wheel out his "never too high, never too low" quote here.

Saturday we won 3-0 at home, and suddenly we are worldbeaters. Last night we lose 3-0 away and today the B&D Post headline is "Daggers endure disastrous defeat at Havant". Disappointing, definitely, but "disastrous"? Really??

We have come from nothing this season, certain to go down, and are now a win or two away from safety. We have a few quality players, and a few that are making up the numbers. When Wilko or Balanta aren't playing we look a totally different side to when they both are.

So, deep breath everyone, calm down. It was only a football match, and its dragged Barnet deeper into the mire as mentioned above.
It was only a football match that cost me £80 and a day off work, given the tactics employed I wont be attending Chesterfield.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:29 pm
Mike the Dagger wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:45 am I appreciate it was another Stilly cliche, but it is probably time to wheel out his "never too high, never too low" quote here.

It was only a football match that cost me £80 and a day off work, given the tactics employed I wont be attending Chesterfield.
Be carefull Digger the Dog you might start upsetting People with honest views of how you feel. Players Parents get upset , they forget that after these games it cost you hundreds whilst they are earning hundreds.

Always thought last night would be not as easy as it looked on Paper compared to some away games. Not a pleasnt place at the best of times .

This result proves again you dont have to be very good to succeed as most are a like for like , still think you have,to be pretty poor mind if you do go down given the opportunities that arise throughout the season
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Did someone force you to take the day off and go?
Our season is over. That's normally when managers muck around with the team to see what it really is that they've got for the future.
DevonDagger

Monday I was really keen to go to this but avoided it as the weather and roads down here were dreadful.

This was a huge football match for Havant. If Dover had won their winnable home game and we beat Havant, it would have been pretty perilous for them. I was not surprised to see them up their game, in fact their home form is pretty much on a par with ours now - their struggles are away from home.

It appears to be much the reverse of Bromley - there were rave reviews of our performance against them but Bromley's side of the story (and some here agree) highlight they were awful. Plenty of people will blame the Manager, and perhaps have a decent argument for some things, but there is no way the 11 we fielded should get so easily humbled, the players must take responsibility for that too.

Dover at home next, looks a winnable one but they will be fighting for their lives and will see this one as an opportunity to play a team with not much to play for - though the reality is I still think we need 3 or 4 more points.
ARNU

Does it say anywhere on the ticket that going to a game guarantees a win for your team especially if you’ve spent £80? Come on DtD It’s dagenham we’re following not Barca( who also lose) and I’m absolutely sure it’s the craic , the banter and the beer you go for.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !