Shrimpy.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Oh no the mighty Southend have got to endure another season in the same league as Dagenham,the 4th tier of English football.Still maybe they'll improve their 1 out of 6 possible points they gained against us next term.Probably the only other consolation from today was that they didn't have to humiliate themselves at Wembley again.For what its worth,I don't think Burton or Southend would have beaten Fleetwood but we'll see I s'pose.

Same league as Dagenham,
Your in the same league as Dagenham !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger83

How old are you?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

Dagger83 wrote:How old are you?
Old enough to realise that anyone with "Mr Grumpy" from a kids cartoon as their avatar also must have the odd childish moment too.

Ner !!
Dagger83

ARNU wrote:
Dagger83 wrote:How old are you?
Old enough to realise that anyone with "Mr Grumpy" from a kids cartoon as their avatar also must have the odd childish moment too.

Ner !!
Ha, I'll give you that one. Not sure Grumpy was ever a Mr though.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
ARNU

Ol' Shrimpy loves coming on here winding us up,only right to put the boot in at his lowest ebb.Probably slashing his wrists and blaming everyone else but his own shite team for this magnificent failure. :lol: at them !!
Phippo

Personally I'm delighted Southend are staying put next season. It's great for the club that we will have revenue from a (likely)thousand plus away crowd then a couple of hundred from say Fleetwood (and thats being optimistic). It's also so much easier getting to the away fixture.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Phippo wrote:Personally I'm delighted Southend are staying put next season. It's great for the club that we will have revenue from a (likely)thousand plus away crowd then a couple of hundred from say Fleetwood (and thats being optimistic). It's also so much easier getting to the away fixture.
It's considerably easier to get to the ground than it is to be in the away end without having your ankles broken
shrimperama

Haha. Nice try.

Tbh I think we were the better team over both legs against a poor footballing side that looked to hit the channells on the break. It's disappointing but that's life. I fully expect that we will be challenging the top 3 again next season. I'm sure that we will add the quality required and have a great season.

Should be a good one with Luton stevanage Cambridge etc joining the league.

I heard a rumour we were interested in zav Hines. Not sure if it's true but PB has highlighted the fact that pace is priority for next season.

I also heard your interested in Eastwood. His legs have gone and he would blow your budget.
Mike the Dagger

shrimperama wrote:Haha. Nice try.

Tbh I think we were the better team over both legs against a poor footballing side that looked to hit the channells on the break. It's disappointing but that's life. I fully expect that we will be challenging the top 3 again next season. I'm sure that we will add the quality required and have a great season.
Totally unfair of Burton to come up with tactics that worked against you. Don't they know you are the mighty Southend United???

As for challenging top three "again" errrr... missed out by 9 points this season, not exactly skin of the teeth stuff was it?
shrimperama wrote:I heard a rumour we were interested in zav Hines. Not sure if it's true but PB has highlighted the fact that pace is priority for next season.
He's injured, ACL. so who knows how quick he'll be next season. Why don't you convert Brown's fake tan budget in a couple of players coz otherwise you are still bust aren't you?
shrimperama wrote:I also heard your interested in Eastwood. His legs have gone and he would blow your budget.
We have plenty of room for his caravan in the car park though, ought to count for something?
ARNU

Once again more excuses as to why the mighty Southend didn't get out of the bottom division.Blaming the other team for sussing you out and winning.Heard it all now.You need to sack Brown cos he obviously watches a different game to everyone else most weeks and has you all believing his shit.Sturrock was your best chance of promotion,Brown wont ever get you it.As a rule of thumb If you cant beat Dagenham you don't deserve to go up.Fleetwood took 6 points,Burton took 4 points,even York took 3 off us.Southend...what was it ? Just the 1 point and we were supposedly shite according to some of our own fans.I rest my case.

When are Sainsbury's bulldozing your ground anyway ? You need a smaller one to make it look fuller.Just like us.

Same league as Dagenham,etc etc etc.......
shrimperama

Not excuses just fact. We played football and they just hit on the break and took the piss with the time wasting etc.

Playing football doesn't always get results. The Wimbledon of old are testiment to that.

Phil Brown is doing a great job of making the team enjoyable to watch and also raising the profile of the club. Really enjoyed this season. Teams struggle against certain sides every season but still do well.

We hammered chesterfield 3-0 at home doesn't mean we got promoted.
SUSSEX DAGGER

ARNU wrote:Once again more excuses as to why the mighty Southend didn't get out of the bottom division.Blaming the other team for sussing you out and winning.Heard it all now.You need to sack Brown cos he obviously watches a different game to everyone else most weeks and has you all believing his shit.Sturrock was your best chance of promotion,Brown wont ever get you it.As a rule of thumb If you cant beat Dagenham you don't deserve to go up.Fleetwood took 6 points,Burton took 4 points,even York took 3 off us.Southend...what was it ? Just the 1 point and we were supposedly shite according to some of our own fans.I rest my case.

When are Sainsbury's bulldozing your ground anyway ? You need a smaller one to make it look fuller.Just like us.

Easy Arnu we took 4 of Burton would have been close to 6 if young Jack had not been sent off, perhaps they should have borrowed our team
they seem to borrow everybody else.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:Once again more excuses as to why the mighty Southend didn't get out of the bottom division.Blaming the other team for sussing you out and winning.Heard it all now.You need to sack Brown cos he obviously watches a different game to everyone else most weeks and has you all believing his shit.Sturrock was your best chance of promotion,Brown wont ever get you it.As a rule of thumb If you cant beat Dagenham you don't deserve to go up.Fleetwood took 6 points,Burton took 4 points,even York took 3 off us.Southend...what was it ? Just the 1 point and we were supposedly shite according to some of our own fans.I rest my case.

Easy Arnu we took 4 of Burton would have been close to 6 if young Jack had not been sent off, perhaps they should have borrowed our team
they seem to borrow everybody else.
Yes you're right we did beat them 2-0 didn't we.
ARNU

shrimperama wrote:Not excuses just fact. We played football and they just hit on the break and took the piss with the time wasting etc.

Playing football doesn't always get results. The Wimbledon of old are testiment to that.

Phil Brown is doing a great job of making the team enjoyable to watch and also raising the profile of the club. Really enjoyed this season. Teams struggle against certain sides every season but still do well.

We hammered chesterfield 3-0 at home doesn't mean we got promoted.
Underlying all my banter Shrimpy is just the fact that you lot up the 127 all think you are still a championship club.There is a certain arrogance that comes with being a Southend fan,a sort of air of superiority which is fine if you were in any way superior but largely,these days you are not.The team that stuffed us last year were far far better and didn't get a sniff last season.We beat Rochdale 3-0 it didn't mean we went up either.Burton beat you fair and square,ultimately its the result that matters at the end of the day.
shrimperama

We beat pretty much beat every team in the top half. We also beat Rochdale 3-0 and Burton home and away in the league and the tie in the play offs was settled by a very lucky goal. That's life and I'm looking foward to having another crack at the top 3 finish.

I don't believe we are championship club just because we have played championship level. At roots hall we could never sustain championship football.

I do think that Southend should be playing league 1 football and that's about our level.

We have to get there and were close this season but came up short. 3 seasons ago we hit 81 points and failed with automatic promotion which in most seasons would be gained. We will be there or there abouts next year.

For now we are in the same league as Dagenham, but only for now.