Shrimpy.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

shrimperama wrote:We beat pretty much beat every team in the top half. We also beat Rochdale 3-0 and Burton home and away in the league and the tie in the play offs was settled by a very lucky goal. That's life and I'm looking foward to having another crack at the top 3 finish.

I don't believe we are championship club just because we have played championship level. At roots hall we could never sustain championship football.

I do think that Southend should be playing league 1 football and that's about our level.

We have to get there and were close this season but came up short. 3 seasons ago we hit 81 points and failed with automatic promotion which in most seasons would be gained. We will be there or there abouts next year.

For now we are in the same league as Dagenham, but only for now.
Yeah fair point shrimpy, for now until we get promoted!
ARNU

shrimperama wrote:We beat pretty much beat every team in the top half. We also beat Rochdale 3-0 and Burton home and away in the league and the tie in the play offs was settled by a very lucky goal. That's life and I'm looking foward to having another crack at the top 3 finish.

I don't believe we are championship club just because we have played championship level. At roots hall we could never sustain championship football.

I do think that Southend should be playing league 1 football and that's about our level.

We have to get there and were close this season but came up short. 3 seasons ago we hit 81 points and failed with automatic promotion which in most seasons would be gained. We will be there or there abouts next year.

For now we are in the same league as Dagenham, but only for now.
Although the playoffs are an end of season excitement I always feel sorry for the team who finishes 4th.We won the playoffs that year but really we were 7th weren't we.I will stop the banter now(well for now anyway) but I just don't think you'd have been a club that deserved to go up this season.My money is on Fleetwood but its a one off so maybe Burton will do it.We were murdered by Fleetwood home and away so using my "If you cant beat Dagenham" rule of thumb then they should walk it.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !