Chesterfield

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Bit of a dig at the fans from Taylor in todays post match interview.

When discussing supporters feelings on various changes he made, he said "when it doesnt come off, unfortunately the noisy ones get noisier"

Im still not convinced 1 way or the other on if Taylor should be retained for next season but I am starting ti see a lot of similarities between this situation & the 1 with Burnett.

He took over from Still in a comfortable mid table position, only for us to stay up on goal difference on the final day.
We had the chance to get shot then and part ways but instead, Thommo & Co. thought it was a good idea to give the bloke a new 2 year contract.

I remain convinced Freund/Unger are completely sold on Taylor, even though they have both gone deadly quiet about the club on social media of late, so assuming he wants to stay, think they will give him the chance.

Important thing to worry about now however is just making sure we get another 3 or 4 points which will ultimately be enough to keep us up the skin of our teeth!
stanton101

If we do stay up then this season will be seen as a success. But in all honesty to keep this buffoon and give him a transfer fund is bordering on lunacy. He knew we needed a back up striker and failed, he also knew we needed a bit of creativity in the middle and once again failed miserably.
We need a completely different approach next season, a new man at the helm with fresh ideas to be given the funds to implement them. The time of dinosaurs like Taylor is well and truly over, it's a younger mans game now. Stick with him next season and we'll definitely go down, that's if we manage to stay up!
Alan

Not sure what Taylor was supposed to say in response to the last question - the point he’s making is that if he changes nothing some will moan, if he changes something some will moan.

I’d like to see us go back to the team and formation that went on the decent run. I don’t see any place in the team for Wright, never have done.

Our good run was with Phipps and Robinson in the middle and Munns and McQueen wide. The problem is most wanted Munns moved inside and to do that he went three at the back.
stanton101

Alan wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:17 am Not sure what Taylor was supposed to say in response to the last question - the point he’s making is that if he changes nothing some will moan, if he changes something some will moan.

I’d like to see us go back to the team and formation that went on the decent run. I don’t see any place in the team for Wright, never have done.

Our good run was with Phipps and Robinson in the middle and Munns and McQueen wide. The problem is most wanted Munns moved inside and to do that he went three at the back.
Munns was motm by a mile against Dover but didn't start yesterday, he's hardly a player whose aging and coming to the end of his career. So why didn't he start.
The one spark of creativity in our entire squad, once again sits on the bench and only comes on when we're chasing the game, absolute madness. Do it the other way round ffs, use him from the off, try and create something, maybe go a goal up, then bring him off if need be and try and hold on.
Or play Balanta as a ten and go 5-4-1 with kandi up front.
Christ, we're in April now and he still doesn't know his best starting eleven. If the yanks keep him on, they need looking at.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:29 pm Bit of a dig at the fans from Taylor in todays post match interview.

When discussing supporters feelings on various changes he made, he said "when it doesnt come off, unfortunately the noisy ones get noisier"

Im still not convinced 1 way or the other on if Taylor should be retained for next season but I am starting ti see a lot of similarities between this situation & the 1 with Burnett.

He took over from Still in a comfortable mid table position, only for us to stay up on goal difference on the final day.
We had the chance to get shot then and part ways but instead, Thommo & Co. thought it was a good idea to give the bloke a new 2 year contract.

I remain convinced Freund/Unger are completely sold on Taylor, even though they have both gone deadly quiet about the club on social media of late, so assuming he wants to stay, think they will give him the chance.

Important thing to worry about now however is just making sure we get another 3 or 4 points which will ultimately be enough to keep us up the skin of our teeth!
Those two years we finished half way up League two each year with a budget less then the proceeding one. The second year we also lost two of the players who contributed to us just failing to make play offs the previous year. At the time that was the right decision.
Burnett should have walked away at the end of that season when what he acheived here would have looked better on his CV.
Sadly for him and this Club he stayed only to see his budget cut again, he had taken us as far as he could on the money he was given to work with and sadly his tenure here was defined by the 4 months in his third season. Still dont think it was fair on him as money denied to him was suddenly found when Still walked back in the door.

Anyhow thats the past its the present and future we have to look at. What is certain is that to have any hope next season major investment is needed and I am.wondering if the owners will step up to the plate and provide it.
So far its not been a roaring success , despite the original euthouria , crowds have dropped and results since xmas have been tepid at best. When they have other interests will our Club remain a priority when the potential rewards are limited.
DaggerJoel11

If we were getting clean sheets or scraping points then there might be a little bit of justification for five-at-the-back with three defensive midfielders in front of them. Instead, we're conceding for fun, plus there were at least three one-on-ones Chesterfield should've put away yesterday, and we're not creating chances either. It's like we're limiting ourselves. Let's go back to basics, stop trying to shoehorn every defensive player into one team and focus on our own strengths. We've lost three in a row to three very ordinary teams, conceding eight in the process, and on Tuesday we're actually coming up against a very good side who could batter us. Could be a nervy few weeks as we look to crawl over that line. Need to see Phipps and Munns back in the lineup, none of the midfielders we're so keen to persist with actually have any notable qualities that explains their inclusion at the expense of two players who were absolutely vital to our brilliant run of form at the back end of last year.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

I think the problem is a lot of the players know they won’t feature next season. I’m sure when they get picked they’re trying but the only way a lot of our players get a start next season is in the league below. No manager can really manage that reality.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Possibly another thing to remember is that even in that good run of games, Justham was getting man of the match on a regular basis.
DaggerJoel11

'The noisy ones get noisier' as the poor gets poorer.

MATCH REPORT for anyone who wants their night ruined: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-0
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''