2Nunn
22Loft
4Robinson
10Balanta
9Kandi
Shroud_of_hope

:banghead: ffs Taylor
daggersjeff

Understand that due to car crash on M1, players only arrived 20 mins ago. Has kick off been delayed?
redboy

The league table is starting to scare me. Dont look down.
ThatRoundThing

Quick!! Adjust Season Ticket prices for Conference South 😪😪👀. 👇
Auntie Merge

It sounds like Taylor has lost the dressing room (did he have it in the first place). No matter what the lovefest from the USA, I will be amazed if he is still managing us next season.

Btw, did we really have no friendlies or practice games during the 2 week break??? What other manager would let that happen? John Still wouldn’t.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I can't work this team out. They were so brilliantly consistently superb against Bromley and since then they've lost three times in a row, comfortably, against poor sides. I hate this league. It's shit.
HGDagger

Get this season over and done with, even if it means finishing 20th on goal difference, and start the rebuild for next season.
SUSSEX DAGGER

HGDagger wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:04 pm Get this season over and done with, even if it means finishing 20th on goal difference, and start the rebuild for next season.
Cant wait for it to be over HGDagger and that looks the attitude of more then a percentage of fans.

Over the past month it looks like the rebuild
is going to need a lot more then looked likely at one stage. At the moment if Wilkinson dont play we dont have any hope of getting anything from anywhere.

Wonder if we can get anything from the Ebsfleet fire sale coming up. Cant question their attitude not paid again this week and hearing reports that they were late on the pitch today in protest,but once out there the put on a hell of a show . Not something we are seeing much of from more then one quarter recently.
CharlieC

The trouble with Taylor is, it seems as if he tries to cater for the strengths of other teams with his team selection every game. Sometimes, we just need to be positive. I don’t think there’s ever a need for Wright, Loft and Robinson in the same team. I get that we aren’t blessed with a plethora of creative midfielders, but who’s fault is that?

Also, the constant changing of the team can’t be helpful for squad harmony. As mentioned above, I’m not sure the players fully back his methods.

As with any bad run, the players do need to take responsibility for their performances also. Nunn, Robinson, Kandi, Wright and Loft are playing for contracts either here or elsewhere, but I haven’t seen anything to suggest any of them deserve a new one here.

We need a strong finish to the season otherwise for me, Taylor has to go in the summer. What is evident, is that we need a good turnover of players to compete at the top of the league next season.
Mark

If players who are almost out of contract are turning in such bad performances that reflects terribly on the manager. Normally you'd expect them to be trying to impress even in spite of the manager. Out of those you mention I wouldn't even consider keeping any of them bar Robinson. I don't think he's been in the best of form but he's being hung out to dry as the only midfielder who makes any attempt to close the ball down in there.

I know a lot is made of work rate and laziness and not everyone agrees on this point but I'm almost certain that if you added up ground covered by our players and those of our last 3 opponents it would be embarrassingly one sided. I don't want people running around like headless chicken but I want to see some attempt to press and some attempt to track back. It's also about more than just metres, the tenacity with which we play is miles behind recent opponents. This passive rubbish we've seen lately is tedious to watch.
CrownDagger

Do we actually think Taylor is going to get the boot? In my opinion the Americans will place huge significance on Thommo's opinion. This is the man who set the goal of 22nd when we were in league 2. I don't want Taylor here next season but he has fulfilled his job remit given to him by Thommo. So I see Taylor being here next season.
Lcbdagger

CrownDagger wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:09 pm Do we actually think Taylor is going to get the boot? In my opinion the Americans will place huge significance on Thommo's opinion. This is the man who set the goal of 22nd when we were in league 2. I don't want Taylor here next season but he has fulfilled his job remit given to him by Thommo. So I see Taylor being here next season.
Then mid table or will be next season
JFJBENSTEAD

In terms of today's game, I thought we were beaten by two excellent goals and that, overall, they were the only two pieces of quality in the entire game. We matched them (and were probably the better side) first half.

Chesterfield are the form team in the league. If we think we've had a poor season, Lord only knows what their fans must think of their season!!

I actually thought taking Balanta off was the right call, he was a red card waiting to happen after the booking. We know how weak the overall squad has been all season and the subs bench (aside from Munns) were never going to change the game but, ultimately, they were the best we have got. Constantly calling for changes seemed pretty pointless.

I accept the current situation is worrying but we would be very unlucky to go down with 47 points. I still think there is at least on more win in us as well. Added to that, cannot see Aldershot or Havant getting enough points.

Onwards and upwards.