Whereabouts

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
lupins

DevonDagger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:58 pm
DevonDagger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:42 pm I'd be interested to know who those who wish Taylor to leave would appoint instead. I remember a few have mentioned McMahon, formerly of Ebbsfleet. Personally not sure in general. He reminds me a bit of when Wheeler seemed like a wonderful idea for Maidstone when he left the madhouse.
What does it matter? The board will only make the wrong decision just like the last 3 appointments.
Given that the current Owners are basically the Board I have total confidence that with their track record running organisations they will do the right thing by our Club

In my view we are lucky they are here and we should enjoy what's coming even it is slow sustainable progress rather than boom and bust.

Serious question, do you ever enjoy going because it never seems like it
Sagres

Looks impressive – application submitted 11/03/19
Diggerthedog

Dagger83 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:49 am
DevonDagger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:42 pm I'd be interested to know who those who wish Taylor to leave would appoint instead. I remember a few have mentioned McMahon, formerly of Ebbsfleet. Personally not sure in general. He reminds me a bit of when Wheeler seemed like a wonderful idea for Maidstone when he left the madhouse.
What does it matter? The board will only make the wrong decision just like the last 3 appointments.
I get people want Taylor out and think he's not the man to take us forward but I don't accept how anyone can think it was a poor appointment given the situation we were in. It was bleak and the aim was safety. I'd say we've almost certainly reached that goal so it's by no stretch a failure. Whether he stays I have no real comment on given I don't watch us week in week out but I do see people's reluctance to retain him.
So no one else applied with the relevant experience of this league? Many did and were rebuffed once the 'big Name' entered the ring. I think the summer recruitment spoke volumes of his zero recent experience at this level.
Diggerthedog

lupins wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:10 am
DevonDagger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 pm

Given that the current Owners are basically the Board I have total confidence that with their track record running organisations they will do the right thing by our Club

In my view we are lucky they are here and we should enjoy what's coming even it is slow sustainable progress rather than boom and bust.

Serious question, do you ever enjoy going because it never seems like it
Off course i enjoy going for a beer with my mates.

I would agree that the current owners are exciting but are they really running the place?
Mike the Dagger

DevonDagger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:20 pm
ARNU wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:14 pm Whereabouts in the request to “just don’t get us relegated and build a team out of nothing so we don’t fold Peter” does it say storm the league get promoted Or we’ll sack you if ya don’t ??
It's a very interesting point. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I think most people who want him out are just saying don't renew his contract which is up at the end of the season.
He has a two year contract. How many times does this have to be said?
DevonDagger

Mike the Dagger wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:11 pm
DevonDagger wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:20 pm
It's a very interesting point. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I think most people who want him out are just saying don't renew his contract which is up at the end of the season.
He has a two year contract. How many times does this have to be said?
Wow. Won't mention it again, my apologies! :eye:

I haven't seen it mentioned on this forum before now but then I don't go through it with a fine tooth comb so fair enough if so.

I do read the majority of B&D Post Daggers articles and Ned Keating appears(/ed) to be under the same impression I was. I haven't seen, nor can find anything now that states either 1 or 2 years.
Peter Taylor’s contract as manager is believed to run until the end of the season (no details on length were given when he was announced) and doubts remain among the fans about whether he should be in charge next term.
I felt I remember an interview where Peter said he hoped to extend his deal beyond this season, but I don't know where it was so I can't listen again.
RampantDuke

Confirmed at the members AGM last night that Peter Taylor is on a 2 year contract and will be manager next season. Time to get behind him coz he ain't going anywhere......
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
EssexDagger!

In that case, let’s hope next season, especially if we want to have any slight chance of getting out of this division or making the play offs then Taylor’s aspirations are a little more ambitious,we can’t be going into every away game setting up happy for a point.
NBDag

Wow... disappointing... I thought he was on a one year deal and maybe we would go for something different. I honestly like the guy, I hope he succeeds. But I don’t think he is good enough. But if he is our coach then we have no choice but to hope he takes us to where our potential leads. Up the reds. ****** Barnet. Edinburgh is a . YFD.

post edited by admin
BB-Dagger

Mmmm somebody on the sauce last night! :nono: