Elliot Romaine

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Alan

For all the angst when we let him go, Maidstone went down today and he has not mustered a single league goal for them in 21 appearances.
Mark

Very poor side overall. He's still better than many players in our squad but I guess nobody was queueing up to take them off our hands.
DevonDagger

Alan wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:20 pm For all the angst when we let him go, Maidstone went down today and he has not mustered a single league goal for them in 21 appearances.
I liked Elliott and wasn't happy when we let him go - as you point out it appears that it needn't have been the case now.

I think the reason it went down badly is he was allowed to leave before a replacement arrived at a period when he was the only player really threatening to score a goal at that point in the season.

It's a shame for him that it's gone so downhill though. I don't believe he's hopeless though as he did reasonably for us and also scored a few for Torquay when on loan. Don't wish any ill on him so hopefully things will improve for him next season.
ARNU

I liked him, he wasn’t lazy was he ? With a few better players around him who knows. He certainly wouldn’t have had many decent players around him at Maidstone or Torquay for that matter.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

So did I, and unfortunately we just never really saw him at his peak as many of us believed he really did love the shirt. I remember so well our few trainers out of the 50 odd at Barrow this season bumping into our lads at Lancaster station after a hard fought one nil win how well he came over to us all with a mixed bag of 'thank yous' you could really see what getting that goal meant to him and to the club, always thought he really tried to get stuck in for us.
Lcbdagger

Certainly not the Messiah but think he could have scored more goals after Wilkinson arrived than we saw from Reynolds or Kandi
BarkingRambo

I might not have remembered this right but wasn't Romain told that they were in talks with better players and he would have to take a place on the bench or Maidstone wanted him and he could talk to them. I'm sure Taylor said that at one of the forums. That was mismanaged a bit, it would have been a better idea to let him go on loan so we could have recalled him when Balanta picked up his injury and Romain could have had a run in the first team.

I'm a little bit concerned that the way Taylor handles players is a bit similar to Wayne Burnett and that destroyed the morale of the club. Look at the way we went from 9th to conference in 3 years. I was one of those thinking we need to give him a summer with the funding because look at some of the signings he has made since the money came in but I am worried if it will be too late should it all go badly.
Alan

Lcbdagger wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:14 am Certainly not the Messiah but think he could have scored more goals after Wilkinson arrived than we saw from Reynolds or Kandi
Kandi has 6 league goals this season, 2 more than Romaine. Which is not to say that Kandi is the answer (he isn’t) it’s just he’s not really any worse.

Romaine has 10 league goals in 72 league appearances since he left Eastbourne 2 years ago. He works hard, but he didn’t do enough in front of goal. He missed a lot of very presentable chances, particularly headers, in August and September.
DevonDagger

Rejoined Eastbourne a few days ago. Hope he can get back to the form there that got him in the NL
BarkingRambo

Seems his exit from Maidstone has been a little bitter. A few Maidstone fans put on Eastbournes twitter that they are welcome to him, so he went into a rant about how Still didn't play him in the right position and put up 2 highlight videos of himself last year, which apart from his 8 odd goals between us and Torquay is largely clips him having a bit of a run before being tackled.