All Change For Braintree

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
hockley dagger

Well Mike, the interview I heard yesterday suggested he might be taking account of yesterday. My son pointed out that quite a few people were being played out of position too. We shall see.
ARNU

I thought Hoyte did ok, I think he was a good player put into a team of muppetsthe keeper made a few saves and munns did his normal running about, goodliffe I thinks been pretty solid when he’s played and I think kandi wasn’t on long enough to make an idiot of himself. Gordon we’ve seen quite a bit of but yesterday wasn’t his greatest showing.

Nice bloke he is but nunn is terrible so is Davey and anyone else on show . I doubt any of them will get contracts next season unless they’ve already got one. None of the team at Braintree can I imagine figuring in a team that’s gonna win this league.

Who in the whole squad would you think good enough to figure in a league winning side? Justham, Balanta , onnarise and wilko and that’s
about it. I do like Gordon and Munns but we will need better I think.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DevonDagger

Yeah this was a long way to go for that to be honest but I always make enough time to enjoy the day out just in case the football is like, well, that.

This was as close as it could be to a pre-season friendly. As mentioned above I'm not sure what difference 90 minutes will make to PT's decisions on players either, however I am by no means a qualified manager so if it helps him somehow then so be it. On the bright side it's one less game where one of our key players could pick up a nasty injury which loses their pre-season preparations (clutching at straws a bit here lol).

I didn't expect 11 changes, thought 6 or 7 was more likely. I was more disappointed in the bench than the starting 11, I knew if we fell behind there wasn't much chance of pulling it back.

I actually thought Davey had one his better games in a Daggers shirt and part of me has a funny feeling Taylor might not yet be finished with him. Thought Nunn did ok too, whether either have done enough to earn a new deal we'll have to see.

Moore didn't do much wrong but still only see him as a #2 at this point.
Blanchfield offered very little unfortunately, the only thing that may keep him here is his age and the possibility of improvement.

Thought Phipps (perhaps not helped by the randomised positioning) and particularly McQueen were both poor, both under contract for next year I believe.

Tomi and Munns are two of my favourite players but yesterday was bearly glimpses of what they've done here before. I can imagine being in & out of the team is disrupting any run of form though. I struggle to make a case for Tomi, although he hasn't consistently started, 3 goals in 25 isn't a title challenging record and I don't think he once won a header or outpaced their defenders without getting caught offside yesterday, it was very frustrating.

I was making a keep/release list on the way home, personally found it hard to call on a few. Only one thing I'm sure of is that nobody everybody will agree and there will inevitably be a surprise or two!
EssexDagger!

Mike the Dagger wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:38 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:01 pm
Currently several teams cobbled together on peanuts that are way above us in the league, squads of 30 don't come cheap. Some teams in our league have about 20 players and are well above us.
You can't just ditch players that were signed on one year contracts mid season though, they remain our players unless you can get someone to sign them. I expect the released list will be pretty long this year.
Cue new deals in the summer for Wright, Loft & Kandi... Football league here we come!!
Mark

I really hope he's finished with Davey. Earlier in the season he looked like one of the worst centre halves I've seen outside the Ryman and he certainly isn't a midfielder either.

I have a horrible feeling he will sign Loft.
BB-Dagger

When Loft was here before he was distinctly below average, this time he has managed to be worse!
He gives the ball away or gets dispossessed far too much and it does make me wonder what Taylor see’s in him, hopefully will not be here next season.
poshdagger

I think we should keep Kandi and develop him as a wide player for next season in a 442. If you look at his stats they are better than Balanta in terms of mins per goal plus the same number of goals!!

As for Munns I would keep him too a a squad player a we are bound to need him at some time.
lupins

I don't get this criticism of Wright seems to me it's just par for the course to say it without actually watching.
Don't forget he is a young player learning his trade. I thought when he came in to midfield against Orient away he was one of our better players on the day and has done well since especially filling in very soundly at full back.
EssexDagger!

What would you say Wright’s particular strengths are & what does he does he bring to the side which nobody else does? We supposedly are aiming for a huge push for promotion next season and if we are, we need to set our sights higher! The same could be said about Loft too if I’m honest, would he get in any other top 7 sides midfield?

Harsh and ruthless I know, but that’s how it’s got to be if want out of this league!
Oxhead

and I think Taylor will be ruthless, let’s wait and see
NBDag

I think the past few games, especially since his switch to full back, Wright has looked improved. But still nowhere near what we’ll need if we want to go up next year.

I disagree with whoever said Gordon isn’t good enough. He has been getting stronger with every game and his absence has been felt massively recently, especially in terms of our attack. Munns also may have dropped off a bit recently, but as said bouncing in and out of the team isn’t going to help him. He was instrumental in Cheltenham’s league win 3 years ago, I say he’s definitely good enough.
Richie

Munns is living of this Cheltenham season a few years ago, he's been very average for us.
Diggerthedog

Munns was one of the most consistent players on that run we had mid season, all that without a preseason.
Mike the Dagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 am Munns was one of the most consistent players on that run we had mid season, all that without a preseason.
True, but he was playing wide. When he came inside into what is his preferred position he has been patchy TBH,tends to go chasing the game and we lose shape.

Not convinced either way, but probably worth keeping.
Richie

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:03 am Munns was one of the most consistent players on that run we had mid season, all that without a preseason.
I'm basing this off of Soccerbase, so could be wrong. But says he's scored 2 in 26 appearances, 22 of which have been starts. He looks good, but doesn't produce enough IMO, he's the exact opposite of McQueen.