Still Problems at Ebbsfleet

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BarkingRambo

Ebbsfleet players have come out to the press again to say they still haven't been paid and claiming the club are making false statements. https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/ ... in-203432/

The club would be mad to not to make the most of this and sign some of these or at least invite them to pre season training. Apart from the ex Daggers I wont pretend to know enough about their squad to saw which players could make a difference for us but a team that has just missed play offs by an inch despite not being paid and possibly not even having medical cover. Invite the entire squad over.
stanton101

BarkingRambo wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 am Ebbsfleet players have come out to the press again to say they still haven't been paid and claiming the club are making false statements. https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/ ... in-203432/

The club would be mad to not to make the most of this and sign some of these or at least invite them to pre season training. Apart from the ex Daggers I wont pretend to know enough about their squad to saw which players could make a difference for us but a team that has just missed play offs by an inch despite not being paid and possibly not even having medical cover. Invite the entire squad over.
And while they're at it, bring the manager as well.
BB-Dagger

I would think Kenny Clark could give a heads up on any decent players at Ebbsfleet, I don't think we should entertain the idea of any ex Daggers returning though its never a good move, As for Garry Hill... too much of a John Still look alike!
dagger4eva

I have to say, the job Garry Hill has done there considering this long running situation is nothing short of miraculous.

Kept them within a shout of the playoffs until only recently.

I thought he was past it and didn't previously want him back, however perhaps he does have unfinished business of taking us up to the Football league, and given a decent budget (I know how shit he was the last time he had one with us) could perhaps be worth one more shot in future.

That said, if Taylor were to depart at some point, Garrard would be more my 1st choice.

With respect to Ebbsfleet's players - I think for them to keep playing on and churning out results given the circumstances is massively to their credit and its players of with that kind of attitude we desperately need back with us. Probably wouldn't go for Cheek & Whitely though!
lupins

What attitude do we need back that we are missing that Ebbsfleet demonstrate?
Is it the one like when they played us and for a play off chasing team they were flat and listless while we were right on it
Like all teams there are good and bad days and we have shown plenty of spirit this year.
Corey Whiteley seems a changed player since we first saw him. Then he was dynamic played with freedom and no fear and ran at players. Get that mojo.back and I would love him back
Alan

We’ve played them three times and beaten them twice.

What Garry Hill has done is to do well with a good squad that he inherited. Like he did when he joined us. As mentioned above, when he was given a budget to build a squad, we got the Pipers, Meechan, Leon Braithwaite and a 0-9 on live TV.
SUSSEX DAGGER

I would take any of them who can take a bloody penalty. If we had one of them we would,already be a step closer to where we are aiming to be.
HGDagger

Corey Whiteley's gone to Newport https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48764041