Retained List

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DevonDagger

We've had similar discussions over the course of the season, however we have now seen all there is to see of this season and in a few weeks it will be decision time.

So, it will be interesting to keep tally of what everyone thinks for each player now we have completed the season. I've included my personal take. Pinched the info of this thread from another post which DaggerJoel took the time to compile.

Expiring Loans
Goodliffe - Sign if available
Wright - Depends on wages etc. Still young and might come good with experience.
Loft - Don't think I'd go to great lengths to sign
Manny - Would be nice to keep, but I personally prefer Goodliffe of the two.

Out of contract
Justham - KEEP
Nunn - RELEASE, don't think he'll be first choice if he stays and will want to play
Robinson - KEEP
Davey - RELEASE
Pennell - RELEASE, or potentially keep as a squad player
Kandi - KEEP for squad
Reynolds - RELEASE
Moore - KEEP
Blanchfield - RELEASE
Adeloye - RELEASE
Munns - KEEP
Hoyte - RELEASE
Harfield - KEEP for Squad
Bellamy - RELEASE
Smith - RELEASE

Contracted for next season or beyond
Gordon - KEEP
McQueen - Not been convinced at all recently but we will have to keep
Balanta - KEEP
Bonds - KEEP, perhaps another loan spell?
Wilkinson - KEEP
Phipps - KEEP
Clark - KEEP
Mark

Not too many disagreements from me.

I would definitely not want to keep Loft and I'd potentially keep Smith if cost effective. Harfield I don't really rate but could be ok as a squad player.
Daggernewbie

Beat me to it so removed my post which was on the same subject.

Definitely keep Justin and Manny if we can sign him on the fence about some of the others.
daggersjeff

Expiring Loans
Goodliffe - Sign at all costs
Wright - Has settled in nicely at right w/b, but still learning his trade
Loft - The more I've seen recently, the more I think he fits our style of play
Manny - Would be nice to keep but don't think its going to happen

Out of contract
Justham - Keep at all costs
Nunn - Keep if he is prepared to stay on as back up
Robinson - Keep, but needs to be more commanding in midfield
Davey - Keep - especially if Manny decides elsewhere
Pennell - Keep as squad player provided can keep injury free
Kandi - Keep as squad player
Reynolds - RELEASE
Moore - Keep, although I feel we need a stronger no. 2 keeper
Blanchfield - RELEASE
Adeloye - Keep - Think he will get better
Munns - Keep
Hoyte - RELEASE
Harfield - Keep - the last few games he's looked more settled
Bellamy - RELEASE
Smith - RELEASE

Gordon - Keep
McQueen - Not had much opportunity since coming back from World cup games
Balanta - Keep
Bonds - Keep - agree with DD, needs loan experience
Wilkinson - Keep
Phipps - Keep
Clark - Keep - Will be permanent captain next year
NBDag

I don’t expect us to sign Goodliffe and Onariase, but if we could I’d be pretty chuffed. Loft and Wright can go. We won’t need them.

Out of the other uncontracted players, I’d happily keep Nunn (but as second choice), Robinson, Justham, Moore, and Munns. I’m undecided about Kandi due to his most recent form, Smith, Pennell, and Adeloye.

Of course I want to keep everyone already contracted for next year, but I have a bad feeling that Gordon might be, if not already, sold.
Diggerthedog

Rumours already start that Wilkinson is off to Orient due to a very low sell on clause and Justham is off to Wimbledon (not for the tennis)
Mark

Justham is a football league level gk now and he deserves his chance.

If we sold Conor I'd be very surprised but stranger things have happened.
ARNU

Get a nice fee for wilko I’d have thought. Wasn’t that long ago that Justham was kept on the bench for cousins. Hope we can keep both but I got some faith in these yanks , surely we’ll have a better season than this one whoever goes/stays.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RayleighDagger1986

DevonDagger wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:24 pm We've had similar discussions over the course of the season, however we have now seen all there is to see of this season and in a few weeks it will be decision time.

So, it will be interesting to keep tally of what everyone thinks for each player now we have completed the season. I've included my personal take. Pinched the info of this thread from another post which DaggerJoel took the time to compile.

Expiring Loans
Goodliffe - Sign if available
Wright - Depends on wages etc. Still young and might come good with experience.
Loft - Don't think I'd go to great lengths to sign
Manny - Would be nice to keep, but I personally prefer Goodliffe of the two.

Out of contract
Justham - KEEP
Nunn - RELEASE, don't think he'll be first choice if he stays and will want to play
Robinson - KEEP
Davey - RELEASE
Pennell - RELEASE, or potentially keep as a squad player
Kandi - KEEP for squad
Reynolds - RELEASE
Moore - KEEP
Blanchfield - RELEASE
Adeloye - RELEASE
Munns - KEEP
Hoyte - RELEASE
Harfield - KEEP for Squad
Bellamy - RELEASE
Smith - RELEASE

Gordon - KEEP
McQueen - Not been convinced at all recently but we will have to keep
Balanta - KEEP
Bonds - KEEP, perhaps another loan spell?
Wilkinson - KEEP
Phipps - KEEP
Clark - KEEP
Id go with that.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Rather depends on whos availiable from elsewhere tho surely. No arguements with the opinions made but if something better in the Managers view is about then nobody is safe .

If we are going to push for promotion then I think we need at least 6 new players and may be more.
A S dagger97

Expiring Loans
Goodliffe - TRY TO KEEP
Wright - TRY TO KEEP
Loft - GO BACK
Manny/Goodliffe - TRY TO KEEP ONE OF THE TWO

Out of contract
Justham - KEEP
Nunn - RELEASE
Robinson - KEEP
Davey - RELEASE
Pennell - KEEP IF FIT
Kandi - KEEP
Reynolds - RELEASE
Moore - KEEP
Blanchfield - RELEASE
Adeloye - RELEASE
Munns - KEEP
Hoyte - RELEASE
Harfield - KEEP
Bellamy - RELEASE
Smith - RELEASE

Gordon - KEEP
McQueen - RELEASE
Balanta - KEEP
Bonds - KEEP (LOAN)
Wilkinson - KEEP
Phipps - KEEP
Clark - KEEP
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
daggerChris

For what its worth id also be surprised to see Wilko go. Why would someone pay for him now when they probably could have got him for less when we signed him as his form was better then? As someone has said stranger things have happened. A release clause may have been included but dont see the owners not putting a clause in that would cover us financially.

From the conversations with a couple of players yesterday, some of them are not sure they will be offered new deals and are waiting to see what happens they were told they would be informed this week

Justham looks nailed on to leave and will go into the football league in a deserved move after his form this year.

Nunnys reaction after the game looked like a player saying goodbye as well
EssexDagger!

daggerChris wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:22 am For what its worth id also be surprised to see Wilko go. Why would someone pay for him now when they probably could have got him for less when we signed him as his form was better then? As someone has said stranger things have happened. A release clause may have been included but dont see the owners not putting a clause in that would cover us financially.

From the conversations with a couple of players yesterday, some of them are not sure they will be offered new deals and are waiting to see what happens they were told they would be informed this week

Justham looks nailed on to leave and will go into the football league in a deserved move after his form this year.

Nunnys reaction after the game looked like a player saying goodbye as well
What players sounded like they wasn’t going to be offered new deals Chris? Unfortunately I didn’t get to speak to many of the lads yesterday barring Gordon & Kenny Clarke...

I think the Wilko situation is a lose/lose for us to be honest, he could have a blinding season for us next year, scoring bags of goals whilst attracting the attention of some of the bigger boys and we wouldn’t get a penny for him as he is out of contract next summer...
So would the club accept an half decent offer mid way through next season if there is any interest, which I’m
Sure there will be if he carries on banging in the goals.
daggerChris

Nathan Smith and Ollie Harfield were the 2 who stated they had not been informed if they would be offered deals, both want to stay but are waiting to see what happens
EssexDagger!

Thanks Chris... to tell the truth I wouldn’t be fussed if either were released, Harfield has improved the past month or so but still nowhere near good enough to get us out of this division.
Smith is an experienced player but think we could get better with our new financial backing.