Who would you like to see at Dagenham next season?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TommyD&R

Seen a lot of Eastleigh games this season and Joey Jones is a great player, I actually hoped we’d get him after Woking went down last season. Seen him put in man of the match performances at centre mid, right back and centre back this season. Best in centre mid though, breaks up play, very comfortable on the ball, doesn’t mind taking players on either. A lot of good players at Eastleigh running out of contract who are worth looking at. I’d love to see Strevs have a go here one day too, he’s done a great job and he even told me his favourite spell as a player was at Dagenham so I’m sure he wouldn’t mind coming back one day!
LondonDagger

EssexDagger! wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:05 pm
LondonDagger wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:32 pm I have heard that Ashmore and Kedwell have signed for Dover? May be no truth in this however but seems a strong rumour.

Dover will have a good season next year in my opinion, even better if true about those 2 additions....
Dover were rock bottom earlier in season when Andy Hessenthaler took over from Chris Kinnear & looked dead and buried, but finished in 14th spot after the weekends final games.
Agreed! Kedwell may be big but by god does he know where the net is.
Mark

Joey Jones is a good player, doubt we could get him but would like him.
leewilson

Ralston Gabriel has done pretty well at Boreham Wood since making the step up to National League. Knows where the goal is.

I imagine Orient will let a few go. Someone like Alex Lawless might be worth a punt if we don't sign Loft. Knows this division inside out and could do a job despite his age.

Blair Turgott, but I imagine he may well end up back at Orient actually.
NBDag

Thought Jones was very impressive in the first half against us the other week. Sort of player we need in midfield too. Would like Turgott but I can’t see us investing in wide men when Taylor clearly doesn’t like using them. Also if we didn’t sign both of Onariase and Goodliffe then I’d love it if we somehow nicked Dan Sweeney from Barnet.
Alan

Isn’t this better than this time last year?

Jones of Eastleigh looked quality the other week. I’d have him, but i suspect he is on Eastleigh style silly money.
Mark

I'd rather have Ashley Vickers on one leg at the back than Dan Sweeney tbh :lol:

Lawless is another decent shout. Please not Loft.
Diggerthedog

Alan wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 pm Isn’t this better than this time last year?

Jones of Eastleigh looked quality the other week. I’d have him, but i suspect he is on Eastleigh style silly money.
What a difference a year makes.

Monies been pulled, Eastleigh owner has gone to Sunderland but agreed to pay up current contracts and after they’re on their own. Reason Hess left there for Dover.

With our backing I would not rule out anyone, Balanta is proof of that.
Alan

Sure, but is he a player that’s only stayed at this level because he’s been paid Eastleigh silly money and now will end up in the league or with another club with a big wage bill?
TommyD&R

Luke Coulson is another Ebbsfleet player who we should have a look at, lively winger. And I know it’s not always the best idea to get old faces in but I’d happily have Luke Howell back
TommyD&R

TommyD&R wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:45 pm Luke Coulson is another Ebbsfleet player who we should have a look at, lively winger. And I know it’s not always the best idea to get old faces in but I’d happily have Luke Howell back
My mistake, Coulson is at Bromley this season
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I’d take literally all of that Eastleigh team. They play three at the back as well. Lovely stuff.
A S dagger97

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:45 pm I’d take literally all of that Eastleigh team. They play three at the back as well. Lovely stuff.
And Strevs as well :eh:
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
EssexDagger!

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:45 pm I’d take literally all of that Eastleigh team. They play three at the back as well. Lovely stuff.
Rather than take the whole Eastleigh side, it would be easier & cheaper l to take the one man who built the team & the way they play.... = Ben Strevens
Oxhead

Is that the Eastleigh side we beat comfortably the other week