Good Luck Femi !!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

As mentioned by Dagger 83 in the other thread.He's got a 2 year contract with York.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... y/?ref=mac

Im pleased for him and wish him all the luck in the world.

We messed up here I think. WB clearly didn't like him and that seemed to drain his confidence.He was rubbish last season so needed a change probably.I think we should have worked with him cos we know he was pretty good on his day.Connors is not as good imo.We need another decent LB now.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
NickMurphy

I wouldn't say Wayne didn't like him, more that he preferred Connors and thought that in the long term, Connors would benefit the squad and the type of football Wayne wanted to play. I don't think Femi was ever going to be a slick passer of the ball, and defensively, I'd say Connors and Femi are relatively equal anyway.
ARNU

NickMurphy wrote:I wouldn't say Wayne didn't like him, more that he preferred Connors and thought that in the long term, Connors would benefit the squad and the type of football Wayne wanted to play. I don't think Femi was ever going to be a slick passer of the ball, and defensively, I'd say Connors and Femi are relatively equal anyway.
Didn't like him,preferred Connors, take your pick.Different phrases for the same thing.

Femi was harder to get around,Id say was faster and more of a lump,which is really what we need.Connors has better ball control but that's about it at the moment,need a bit of dinner in him and to keep it simple.Loses the ball too easily for me.Long term,probably will be ok but LB is a weakness in the team as it currently stands now.Dont think he's ready yet.Id bet whoever Wayne brings in becomes the 1st choice left back.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mikins

I'm surprised he didnt rock up at Luton.

Still no matter, like a lot of good players who've passed through over the years. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Best of luck Femi.

Try not to kill Zav or Medi next season.

Ta.
Sorry about your damn luck!
nomis

Wayne's messed up big time here

He obviously wasn't Femi biggest fan but that is where Wayne's lacking in managerial know how

Wayne's got to remember he's the manager now and not the coach

Fergie never got on with Beckham, in fact he hated him but he played him regardless of he's personal dislike for the player as he knew how to manage and that is where Wayne falls down

The lad Conner's needs time to progress and we need another left back that should in my opinion go straight into the first team

There was no need to let Femi go as we all know what he's capable off but obviously was lacking confidence
Your meant to build a players confidence up not slag him off and make him feel worse

You've a lot to learn in the managerial stakes Wayne
York City have signed him on a two year deal and good luck to the lad
Hopefully he be appreciated a bit more than he was by he's previous manager
Phippo

Sorry to see him go. Hopefully we get in a decent replacement. Conners shows glimses of real promise, but also some "rawness" that other teams have exploited. Guess we have to put our faith in Wayne, but I also feel he has a lot to learn especially tactically.
matt_drfc

If a player doesn't fit in the managers plans, then the manager has every right to not offer him a new contract, it does happen..

Comparing Beckham/Fergie and Femi/Burnett is ridiculous.. I wouldn't say it's a case of them not getting on, clearly Burnett just doesn't see Femi as good enough for the side.

I'd imagine we will get an experienced left back in, someone for Connors to learn from. (A keeper first though)

Anyway, good luck to Femi, hope he does well!
Mark

Not surprised he's gone to a team who finished above us and may well pay him more. Wayne made totally the wrong move on this one for me.
Auntie Merge

Best of luck Femi. I will miss him.

Although I have had fun teasing a certain York supporter for 'signing Dagger's rejects'. ;)
Richie

Sorry to see him go but the right decision. Proud to see an academy graduate replace him too