Play Offs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
HGDagger

So the National League play off final will be Salford City vs AFC Fylde

As for who's coming up to our league, the National League North play off final will be Chorley vs Spennymoor Town

And the National League South play off final will be between Woking and Welling United.

Who do we want to go up? :eh:
Dr Monkatron

I want Salford out of this league and coming up I'd like Spennymoor Town and Welling Utd so that means all the others will now win the games.
Dagger83

I wonder if Chelmsford will ever make it. They seem to be perennial play off failures.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
NBDag

Yeah let’s just get Salford out of this league please. Feel sorry for the fans that will have to come to London for the final for a Wembley that won’t even be a quarter full.

Saw Woking were 2-0 down quite early on so what a comeback that is for them. I’d like to see them in the league next year just because it’s fun to give them a good hiding. As for Chorley vs Spennymoor Town I’m not fussed.
Dagdale

I'll love to see little AFC Fylde pull it off next Saturday, incredible story if they do topple mighty Salford City considering they've stepped into Steps 1 and 2 so recently and Dave Challinor has really put together a confident well groomed side on such a limited budget and what loyalty hot shot Rowe has shown staying, a good package between club and player. Know for sure next season with Torquay United, Notts County, Stockport County and Yeovil Town joining its going to be a really tough campaign to stay high at the top end, certainly many gains for other clubs not mentioned above with away fan numbers arriving between those four with decent revenue.
Alan

Don’t get to dewy eyed about little AFC Fylde, they’re bankrolled by a bloke who has chucked money at getting them to the league.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... i-11300824
Pondfield Dagger

Talking of playoffs, lets hope Portsmouth win the league 1 playoffs, nice few quid in it for us, part of the ollie hawkins deal.
ARNU

I’m not getting why we should be dismissive of teams who have a financial backer yet it’s alright we now have one ? We’ve all seen how shit the footy is without a backer.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
HGDagger

ARNU wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:07 am I’m not getting why we should be dismissive of teams who have a financial backer yet it’s alright we now have one ? We’ve all seen how shit the footy is without a backer.
Good point Arnu. Whether we like it or not, we are now in the same category as those 'bankrolled' clubs, especially if Salford go up, we will probably have the most wealthiest owners in the league next season. It's how that money is spent most importantly that counts.
RayleighDagger1986

:new:
Pondfield Dagger wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:39 am Talking of playoffs, lets hope Portsmouth win the league 1 playoffs, nice few quid in it for us, part of the ollie hawkins deal.
What so we get Pondfield, cos I don't recall any clauses in the Hawkins transfer
Pondfield Dagger

£60k
Adrian

ARNU wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:07 am I’m not getting why we should be dismissive of teams who have a financial backer yet it’s alright we now have one ? We’ve all seen how shit the footy is without a backer.
The bit that is being dismissed is that it would be an amazing achievement for a little club.
It isn't because they've had someone chuck money at it.

If we were to go up with some money being chucked in, I don't think any of us would think of it as being comparable to when we won the Conference before.
Alan

Exactly Adrian: they’re a small club in terms of fan base and historical success, but if they’ve got alsomeone backing them with a sack of money we shouldn’t think “wow, what an achievement to get a tiny club like that into the League”.

That’s not a criticism of them, it’s just that it’s not quite as romantic a story.
Mark

I don't think it's black and white regarding money clubs.

Salford are a disgrace and it simply shouldn't be allowed. Fylde I assume are in a similar boat although probably not quite the same as spending 4k a week on 1 player.

Football has unfortunately changed for the worse regarding the money being put in, and it seems no small club is going to win anything without some element of backing.

If the board want to fund 3 or 4 players we couldn't otherwise afford then great, if they are looking to make the club sustainable by increasing revenue then great. If they are going to throw silly money at it, then it would be a hollow victory were we to win anything.
Alan

^ this. Grow revenues, not just throw money at it.