Play Offs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagdale

My take on it is the season just finished of the 24 clubs I make 8 had good financial backing and 5 of those ended up in top 7 champions/play off spots, Chesterfield & Barnet had EFL parachute payments and Boreham Wood are 'healthy' through Gunners and a wealthy chairman. Ebbsfleet would have been in there but the fell cash short during the season, and of course we had some great news turn of the year. Just makes out how good what Solihull Moors achieved. Trying to think of the last club who got crowned with a 'mediocre budget'? I Wouldn't say Macclesfield Town were well minted although top notch of a stadium bar/restaurant, and the year Gary Johnson took Yeovil Town to their greatest heights the way they won the Vanarama that year? IMHO hope we do what we've been fairly good at bringing up good young lads and with a bit more comfort financially we can keep them a fair bit longer so we can enjoy the quality.
ARNU

Normally agree with everything you say Alan but no money means no club or terrible seasons like this one. I hope these new owners spend a couple of million on players get us back up to league 1 and bigger gates and better football. It won’t last forever, enjoy it while it lasts. I agree with Adrian, yes it won’t be a fairytale like before but I’m 53 not 7. I want to see us blitz the league, get up and play bigger teams. Not fc Halifax and Bromley. Let’s have some great awaydays at big clubs and give them a good go. Wasn’t it great beating charlton and playing Sheffield Wednesday Southampton and the like.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
VIEW FROM THE STAND

I agree Arnu.
"May the best of your past be the worst of your future"
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:43 am Normally agree with everything you say Alan but no money means no club or terrible seasons like this one. I hope these new owners spend a couple of million on players get us back up to league 1 and bigger gates and better football. It won’t last forever, enjoy it while it lasts. I agree with Adrian, yes it won’t be a fairytale like before but I’m 53 not 7. I want to see us blitz the league, get up and play bigger teams. Not fc Halifax and Bromley. Let’s have some great awaydays at big clubs and give them a good go. Wasn’t it great beating charlton and playing Sheffield Wednesday Southampton and the like.
I turn up to see us play whoever we're playing, regardless of who the opposition are. If we were getting beat every week, like 6 out of seasons played in the EFL it becomes a chore. The best season from the last 6 was the first season back down here, enjoyed it way more than the last 4 in the EFL.
Alan

ARNU wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:43 am Normally agree with everything you say Alan but no money means no club or terrible seasons like this one. I hope these new owners spend a couple of million on players get us back up to league 1 and bigger gates and better football. It won’t last forever, enjoy it while it lasts. I agree with Adrian, yes it won’t be a fairytale like before but I’m 53 not 7. I want to see us blitz the league, get up and play bigger teams. Not fc Halifax and Bromley. Let’s have some great awaydays at big clubs and give them a good go. Wasn’t it great beating charlton and playing Sheffield Wednesday Southampton and the like.
It’s about balance though. Short term prop up the budget, but aim to increase revenue. The alternative is to do a Rushden/Telford/[insert your chosen liquidated club here]. I think the owners are planning to grow the club the right way.
PatrickJ1980

The major problem we are going to have is increasing attendances especially with that 66,000 circus going on just up the road! We have a good hardcore of about 1200 that virtually turn up every week and with some sort of title challenge might get another 500 off there sofas but getting the crowds back up to 2,500-3,000 again is gonna be tough!
All the young local white kids are going West Ham. Maybe attracting some decent polish or Lithuanian players might get another 500 local foreign fans through the turnstiles but do we really want that? I just don’t know! When Westham were at Boleyn getting crowds of 30k it was a little bit easier getting the locals over as most are hammers & daggers fans but not now with there massive increase in capacity!
It’s not fashionable to go Daggers, but I love it, slot better than that diluted shit of the premiership. Can’t wait for next season! Gonna be a long summer!
Dagdale

Here Here Patrick great post and little friendly North Ferriby United needed just 7 k to survive last season and where was the Premiership big guns?
daggersjeff

PatrickJ1980 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:08 pm The major problem we are going to have is increasing attendances especially with that 66,000 circus going on just up the road! We have a good hardcore of about 1200 that virtually turn up every week and with some sort of title challenge might get another 500 off there sofas but getting the crowds back up to 2,500-3,000 again is gonna be tough!
All the young local white kids are going West Ham. Maybe attracting some decent polish or Lithuanian players might get another 500 local foreign fans through the turnstiles but do we really want that? I just don’t know! When Westham were at Boleyn getting crowds of 30k it was a little bit easier getting the locals over as most are hammers & daggers fans but not now with there massive increase in capacity!
It’s not fashionable to go Daggers, but I love it, slot better than that diluted shit of the premiership. Can’t wait for next season! Gonna be a long summer!
If we go on a winning streak next season, watch the hangers on drift back, especially if WH start going down the pan!!No, we probably won’t reach regular gates of 2.5k but I can see us getting 2000 regularly
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:29 pm
I turn up to see us play whoever we're playing, regardless of who the opposition are. If we were getting beat every week, like 6 out of seasons played in the EFL it becomes a chore. The best season from the last 6 was the first season back down here, enjoyed it way more than the last 4 in the EFL.
I don’t disagree with the majority of what you’ve said but I can’t believe you wouldn’t rather be in the away end at Sheffield weds than fc Halifax. I been to quite a few always over the years and enjoyed them all even when we been thrashed on a cold wet night in places like Chester and Carlisle but wouldn’t it be more fun going to QPR or notts forest( if they ever drop into LG 1)
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Yeah of course I would but I enjoyed North Ferriby Away more than many trips in league one.
HGDagger

Salford City beat Fylde 3-0.

I'm glad we've got them out the way to be honest.
Sagres

Piss poor attendance for a Wembley final: 8,049
NBDag

Makes it easier for us next year, so good. Also wonder if the BBC will carry on to put as much interest into non-league football now that their pet isn’t here? I’ll be here holding my breath...
PatrickJ1980

Stockport were getting crowds of 8,000 for there home games in National league North!
Really don’t like all these new age clubs with more money than fans!
PatrickJ1980

Glad we have got Stockport,Torquay, hopefully Woking in the league next season who have fantastic support. Notts County & Yeovil as well plus the likes of Chesterfield, Hartlepool,Wrexham. Really good games to look forward to.
Some of the home games last season were just toilet when clubs bring 25 away fans to the games.