TB Stand

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Right.Not doing TB combo this year as its too much.I still believe the stand should be ours alone though but having done it last season ,because it was a temporary thing there will never be the required atmosphere in there till you make it ours and reduce the prices.Being one of its greatest fans I now believe unless the club get behind my idea they might as well burn it down.Just Luton,Portsmouth and Southend will more than half fill it next season,all games we will probably lose due to being outnumbered and out sung by the away team making it their own end as usual.Give the anti racism cheap day a miss too as we always lose that one as well.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Kevin

Reckon Cambridge and Stevenage might bring a fair few next year.

There's also the random couple of games where an away team is near the top of the table & brings a few extra as well.

Do agree that it doesn't make a massive amount of sense to give the away fans the best part of the ground..but I'd probably resist burning it down for the time being ;-)
ARNU

Bought my mates to the Chesterfield home game I think it was,and almost the 1st question one of them asked was "Is that the home end,bit empty isn't it ?" I said no its the away fans and its fuller than usual.Then got on my soap box about it all and I think the general consensus was that I had a good point.Then we lost the game as well and they aint been back either.
Daggers No 2 Fan

ARNU wrote:Bought my mates to the Chesterfield home game I think it was,and almost the 1st question one of them asked was "Is that the home end,bit empty isn't it ?" I said no its the away fans and its fuller than usual.Then got on my soap box about it all and I think the general consensus was that I had a good point.Then we lost the game as well and they aint been back either.
But as has been pointed out over and over and over and over, if it was the home end it wouldn't be any fuller. When it was cheap to go in there it was still only ever half full.
What makes you think it's ever going to be any fuller than it is with away supporters.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:
ARNU wrote:Bought my mates to the Chesterfield home game I think it was,and almost the 1st question one of them asked was "Is that the home end,bit empty isn't it ?" I said no its the away fans and its fuller than usual.Then got on my soap box about it all and I think the general consensus was that I had a good point.Then we lost the game as well and they aint been back either.
But as has been pointed out over and over and over and over, if it was the home end it wouldn't be any fuller. When it was cheap to go in there it was still only ever half full.
What makes you think it's ever going to be any fuller than it is with away supporters.
It would be fuller than it is for over 2 thirds of our home games and that's without any pricing changes.The club is run with the same defeatist attitude to this.Remember first of all they told us it would not be possible to put us in there at all for safety reasons(utter bollocks then as it is now).Real reason was that in Lg 1 there were teams that could fill it and the money was too good to turn down(I didn't like it but did understand)Then in Arbers last season when we nearly went down cos we were shit,suddenly we could all go in there,600+ Crawley fans were easily accommodated in the sieve via the bury Road turnstile (Nobody got killed) and according to the manager and players at the time they felt it helped them.So although you disagree with me about everything usually even you can see my point here and you know it.Sadly you could fit all our home support in there most of the time,I don't expect a higher average next season unless we are at the top of the league all year.
Daggers No 2 Fan

Jeez, you rally are a bit of a twat aren't you? Just can't accept some people having different views to you or being able to see things you don't. Always back to the "you just argue with me for he sake of it" bullshit. It's pathetic.

The TBS would be used no more by our home support than it is by any away support. That's been proven. The majority of our home support aren't interested in sitting in that stand.
And making it the home end would end up hitting the club financially more than leaving it as it is as it wouldn't be used for the bigger away crowds.
ARNU

Daggers No 2 Fan wrote:Jeez, you rally are a bit of a twat aren't you? Just can't accept some people having different views to you or being able to see things you don't. Always back to the "you just argue with me for he sake of it" bullshit. It's pathetic.

The TBS would be used no more by our home support than it is by any away support. That's been proven. The majority of our home support aren't interested in sitting in that stand.
And making it the home end would end up hitting the club financially more than leaving it as it is as it wouldn't be used for the bigger away crowds.
Theres some brave men out there behind their keyboards.(Probably got your pants round your ankles at the same time)

Your the one name calling cos you disagree with me.At least I disagree with you politely.
lupins

Apart from the fact that the Club don't feel it makes financial sense to make the TBS the home stand its also pretty obvious that not everyone wants to go in there

The one time I did was when there was an offer and we thought we would give it a go

Great view of the rest of the ground virtually empty did not make for a great atmosphere I thought. What would really make the ground more intimidating is not small numbers in the TBS but more in the Sieve and more noise but with small crowds that always a bit of a hope more than an expectation
ARNU

lupins wrote:Apart from the fact that the Club don't feel it makes financial sense to make the TBS the home stand its also pretty obvious that not everyone wants to go in there

The one time I did was when there was an offer and we thought we would give it a go

Great view of the rest of the ground virtually empty did not make for a great atmosphere I thought. What would really make the ground more intimidating is not small numbers in the TBS but more in the Sieve and more noise but with small crowds that always a bit of a hope more than an expectation
I don't disagree with much of that.I think if you were in there for that Accrington game that season or the crawley one you'd have to say there was a good atmosphere then.Since then though its been done half heartedly,just like the singing in the sieve.How its better in there other than price wise I fail to see it myself.Give us some seats in the sieve at least we could nod off.